Monza Secures New Five-Year F1 Deal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Monza.jpg

One of the most historic Grand Prix venues looked to be under threat in recent times - however it has been announced that Monza have 'agreed in principle' a new five-year extention to their hosting of F1 racing.

Having been one of the most popular and important Grand Prix since the beginning of modern Formula One racing in 1950, the future of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza appears to have been secured for a further five years thanks to what the Automobile Club of Italy (ACI) have announced as an 'agreement in principle' with the Formula One group.

Having hosted more Formula One Grand Prix than any other circuit in the history of the sport, and with the honour of being known as the spiritual home of Ferrari and the passionate Tifosi, an agreement to continue racing at the Monza circuit is good news for both the sport and its fans.

The new deal is set to begin in 2020, and will run for five years until the conclusion of the 2024 racing season.

For more from the world of Grand Prix racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum and connect with your fellow F1 fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Having been there recently I have a new found love for this circuit. You can tell Motorsport is deeply rooted in the culture in that part of the world and you can feel it when you're there.

Happy to hear this news.

One of the most boring tracks next to Spain in the F1 season. I know it's iconic and what not, but doesn't change the fact that it's boring as all hell to watch

LoL this isn't news, Monza, Monaco and Spa are F1 (the holy trinity imo, there are other main contenders but these most of all). If any of those go for any reason at all, expect push back and or massive losses.

News would be Monza not renewed. This is business as usual.

I don't think I'm alone in this, but...I think the track itself is kinda mediocre, but I would raise holy hell if it were left off the calendar. You can really feel the F1 vibe pulsing from the grandstands!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%