F1 2010 Monza - Italy (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
In career I just got a 1:23:xxx in p1 on primes with a ferrari, legend ai, assists off, but no tyre wear. 360 controller on PC

I started out with David's set up and found it to be a little unbalanced, couldn't seem to slow the car down either, was locking it up or not applying enough pressure every time.

I ended up with this set up and it works well for me, will get better times once i put options on for q3. also once i figure out the first chicane. gah.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: N/A
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 148 kph
Gear 2: 186 kph
Gear 3: 220 kph
Gear 4: 255 kph
Gear 5: 291 kph
Gear 6: 329 kph
Gear 7: 376 kph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed amount
Alignment
Camber front: -.90
Camber rear: -3.40
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

I have no doubt that I can run 1:20's in career with this on q3, and it's a really stable set up, just don't cut the kerbs too much and stay off the bumpers in the chicanes

Wow, vikto'rs settings were perfect! For the 1st time with my Lotus (year2) i managed to get the pole position and to win the race on dry conditions (usually, i do the best results when it rains) Thanks for sharing them

Hey Viktor! Thanks for your setups!

I'm Felipe from Brazil. I've been racing a F1-2010 championship with friends from work and I've been using your great setups. We have run two thirds of the calendar and I've got a 52 points lead over the 2nd place thanks to you. I used to tell them I have a swedish engineer, haha. Now that I got such a great margin, I decided to share my secret with them and they are looking for your setups as well.

I have to say I'm crazy about Sweden. I was there last october and I was amazed. I've been to Malmö and Stockholm. People are extremely friendly and your country looks absolutely fantastic! Hope to be back one day. Well, take care, and once again, tack!

Victor's setup. Career year 6 of 7, Mercedes, legend, no assists, full sim. Qualification 1:22:716, 4th. Race 2nd, 1:23:568 fastest.

Logitech Momo racing wheel.

I just won this race with the Virgin car on Season 1 on professional level and McLaren has offered 1 yr deal at 10.5 million for next season as no 2 driver with webber. I took the deal :)

Cha-CHING!

260px-Monza_track_map.svg.png

First of i would like to say hi again to everybody as i've been lets say inactive and away a lot recently, Summer 09 Cyprus, Winter 10 in US and this summer in Afghanistan but now im back for a while. I've been loving the F1 game so far and have posted a Monza time which is ranked 24th at this time and thought i would share my setup with everyone, im fan of Bram Hengeveld's and Ramon van Rijn's Driving style and setup's so you may notice they may be very similar. Anyway here is my setup

Setup 1: Red Bull - 1.19.993
Setup 2: McLaren - 1.20.102
Monza - Italy(Dry) Setup #1
Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High (Mainly for the 2 first chicanes
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 97 mph
Gear 2: 119 mph
Gear 3: 141 mph
Gear 4: 163 mph
Gear 5: 187 mph
Gear 6: 211 mph
Gear 7: 239 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed amount​
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

i got a 1:27.925 first lap in practice :) the ferraris couldnt touch my time great set up :)

Hi all,
Busted a 1:18.xxx first lap of practice with Prime tyres on with the default fast set up for McLaren on Season 2. I did tweak it a bit. First go to the front wing and go from 3 to 4.

Next drop every gear of the gear box by 1 click to the left except for 7th. Leave that alone.

During qualifying I popped a 1:17.898 on lap 2. Pulled into the pits and left it at that. I was still on my Prime tyres as this was my plan so I could run a long first stint and still pull away.

During the race after the track scrubbed in (tire sim on) around lap 24 I pitted from P1 and within a few laps had my time down to 1:15.007 during the race.

The trick is that last Chicane. You have to go full balls to the 50 M sign then cut in hard and hop the second brick and slide it to the wall without hitting the wall or lifting. I was super aggressive since I had a 30+ sec lead at this point.

I ended up winning by 48.5 seconds and that is amazing as spain and monaco I was wipped out. Rebounded in Istanbul (Love that track) and then killed everyone in Montreal (love that track too :)

Again I am on season 2 in a McLaren. Wish I could post the rest of the setup but those tweaks were really all I changed. I love it when I only need 2 laps of practice and one good qual lap to TQ + win! Saves tons of time :-O

Commandrow

1:20.159 with all sims on

My setup is from viktor but one difference(red)

Aerodynamics

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 30% - R 70%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox
Gear 1: 150 kph
Gear 2: 175 kph
Gear 3: 207 kph
Gear 4: 240 kph
Gear 5: 275 kph
Gear 6: 310 kph
Gear 7: 380 kph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard(change manually to fast on track)
Fuel: Fixed

AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.35

wow I think I found "the" setup for this track :). I did a new wr which is 1st place on both PC and xbox on a "first" lap direct from garage :OO. The time I got was 1:16.619 and under 1:16.5 is def possible with a "real" TT lap. This setup is very stable on the curbs on the first chicane which is very important to get a good time on this track.

Setup:
Car
McLaren

Lap Time: 1:16.619

Aerodynamics
Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Brake Size: Large

Balance(these settings made it very stable on the curbs)
Ballast Distribution: F 100% - R 0%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 2

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1
Gearbox
Gear 1: 150 kph
Gear 2: 269 kph
Gear 3: 207 kph
Gear 4: 242 kph
Gear 5: 283 kph
Gear 6: 326 kph
Gear 7: 384 kph
Engine
Throttle map: Standard(change manually to fast on track)
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

took this with Ballast 80-20 and managed to pull up a 1:18:4XX.

But it still feels a bit wobly, especially when breaking down to turn1.
Have to start braking at about 200m mark.

But the rest is pretty awesome to drive with ;D

greetz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back