F1 2016 Monza - Italy (Dry)

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
setups-700.jpg

Please post your setups for Monza - Italy (Dry) here, bearing in mind our formatting & video rules :-

How to layout your setup in this forum + video rules

Car
Mercedes

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Differential
On throttle: 90%
Off throttle: 80%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber : -2.70
Rear Camber: -1.20
Front Toe: 0.11
Rear Toe : 0.32

Suspension
Front Suspension: 7
Rear Suspension: 6
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 10
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10
Front Ride Height: 6
Rear Ride Height: 6

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 90%
Front Brake Bias: 60%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 24.6
Rear Tyre Pressure: 23.1

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 11

Notes
**Time Trial Setup** - Full Traction, ABS Brakes, Auto Gears, Xbox Controller (PC) - 01:21:839.

--Do Not Use This For Race Conditions--

Last edited:
Hi Kyle, once again great setup. But for me with my wheel i must change tyre pressure a little bit less because in the corner they're too warm 104C° and must be change very quickly (for wet weather, i think your pressure will be good). I need to change ballast too between 6 to 8. In carreer mode with the Renault (not R&D complete), i do a 1:27:457 possible 1:26:9XX because make a little mistake in the last corner before the straight line.

Is it more easier with the Xbox Controller ?

Sorry Mods but I need to copy and paste my post from the other thread to here. Not sure why people are not getting the difference between career mode and Time trial.

"Career mode uses full simulation so tyre wear, fuel loads, differing track temperatures, and cars are scaled as they are in real-life, with Mercedes being the quickest, Red Bull having better turn-in/less power, and cars like Sauber, Marussia and Renault all being the slowest. Time Trial setups do not suit these conditions.

It's not impossible to use TT setup for a race, the balance should be Ok, but you will lose time down the straights and have more tyre wear. This is because downforce/camber/roll bars (etc) levels are adjusted to have DRS (sometimes twice) for the straights on TT where DRS is guaranteed despite no cars being out on track. You won't get DRS for every lap in race conditions unless you're fighting close in the middle of the pack and can follow others; which is very unlikely. Therefore TT setups need tweaking to compensate for race conditions. I do plan on posting race setups after I completed all TT but it may be some time."

So in other words. DO NOT USE TIME TRIAL SETUPS in career mode! Or for any race in general. I don't understand why people are getting confused. It specifically says under every one of my setups it is a **Time Trial setup**. Perhaps I need to post in Caps Lock under each of my setups "DO NOT USE THIS FOR RACES" .. or something. I may have to go back and label them all as such so I don't have to repeat myself.

Last edited:
Hello Kyle,

I don't say anything bad about what you do. i understand TTsetup is not Race Setup, i just would like to understand how i can found better setup by my self. I just take your TT setup for my first run for having a target time and after i change step by step to beat my fastest lap time.

Not so easy to say without doing some testing myself.

All I can suggest is the following: Aero goes down to 1-2 at least .. as there's two DRS zones you can't take advantage of in the race so the extra acceleration is needed.

Ride height could probably come down too for increased acceleration, but it depends how much you like to ride curbs. Lower ride height = More chance of curbs knocking you off.

I have no idea how the brake pressure will do. 90% sounds excessive, and during Monza there's going to be plenty of heavy braking so it would need to come down. Perhaps 85%? 80% to be safe? Again, requires testing over long stints.

As for everything else I have no idea as it would require a lot of messing around in practice sessions to get the right balance ... if the balance is upset by the other necessary changes.

Remember that Time Trial setup is about pure speed. That's all its for. So to tweak it and try "make it faster" is likely going to cause other problems. -- (Unless my TT setup does not suit your driving style! Then you should tweak it in Time trial conditions, and not on a race weekend .. til you get a better lap than mine) -- It's about setting consistently good lap times, and not single lap pace. Unless you're looking for a qualifying set up? Which wouldn't make sense as itwould carry through to the race. The car should run well in the race without the tyres/brakes severely wearing out.

Last edited:
My purpose it's to be regular in my laps and also be competitive. I choose very easy difficulty for my first try. I need to be in intermediate (just test with Wehrlein, qualify 16th and finish the race 11th after a long fight against Gutierrez) more harder will be too hard for me at this time. I'm playing with wheel without force feedback

Team
Haas F1 Team

Lap Time
1:22.478

Race Mode
Time Trail

Weather
Dry

Format
Xbox One

Controller Type
Controller

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Aero: 3
Rear Wing Aero: 2

Transmission
Differential Adjustment On Throttle: 68%
Differential Adjustment Off throttle: 70%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber: -2.50
Rear Camber: -1.00
Front Toe: 0.08
Rear Toe: 0.32

Suspension
Font Suspension: 11
Rear Suspension: 5
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 4

Brakes
Brake Pressure: 82%
Front Brake Bias: 60%

Tyres
Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0psi
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.1psi

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 11

My Setup/Hotlap : http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/italy-gp-haas-f1-team-setup-1-22-478-no-assists.21435/

Last edited by a moderator:
Car
Sauber

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Differential
On throttle: 90%
Off throttle: 80%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber : -2.50
Rear Camber: -1.00