Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50​

Hi I made this set up and found it good got lap times of 1.14's to 1.15's. Feel free to try it out and improve it if you want.

Monte Carlo - Monaco

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle 8
Rear Wing Angle 10

Braking
Balance F 50% 50% R
Pressure High
Brake Size Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution F 50% 50% R
Front Anti-Roll Bar 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height 8
Rear Ride Height 8
Front Spring Stiffness 4
Rear Spring Stiffness 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 115 kph - 72 mph
Gear 2: 141 kph - 88 mph
Gear 3: 167 kph - 104 mph
Gear 4: 194 kph - 121 mph
Gear 5: 222 kph - 138 mph
Gear 6: 251 kph - 156 mph
Gear 7: 281 kph - 175 mph

Engine
Throttle Map Cruise

Alignment
Camber Front -1.50
Camber Rear -2.50
Toe Front 0.09
Toe Rear 0.32

• EvilEyez

@Sean: shouldn't the throttle map always be set to 'Fast' for the fastest lap times? I only recently discovered you can change this and in time trial it has a huge effect on acceleration, I noticed this right after I switched it and could suddenly easily keep up and overtake my own ghost car..

Anyway, thanx a million for sharing these, I'll give them a go next time I play and see if I can improve my 1:16:8xx time ;)

@Sean: shouldn't the throttle map always be set to 'Fast' for the fastest lap times? I only recently discovered you can change this and in time trial it has a huge effect on acceleration, I noticed this right after I switched it and could suddenly easily keep up and overtake my own ghost car..

Anyway, thanx a million for sharing these, I'll give them a go next time I play and see if I can improve my 1:16:8xx time ;)

Hi yeah my set up was for an actual race change it to fast if you want. I had it on cruise because when I had it on fast I kept spinning out but when I changed it to cruise I managed to beat my old time by 2 whole seconds.

ok so i apply the the setup on the VR car and within 3 laps i beat my old time of 1.18.8 to 1.17.8 then i apply the same setup on the mclaren and my god the very first lap 1.16.6 well happy i tweak the braking put more over the rear about 5% oh and left the engine on standard so should be about to beat that

I'm realy done with this, tried all of the setups posted above, but still getting last in training. don't get even close, before spain everything get wel, scored few point with my lotus and now spain and manaco. 5/6 seconds slower. :s I don't get it...

in first sector almost all the time use throttle, except turn one when u need brake a little and throttle again, then after "long straight" are 2 fast corners one left one right, almost on full throttle, then u got curve 360 degree, u slow a bit then bridge and slow chicane (brake when ur car is on downhill) after that is fast left corner fast chicane m after it full brake and try to get fast from last chicane, then relax 2 slow corners to finish line :) hope it helps

• Roadwarrior1

I was using a pad up until a few days ago,then I bought a logitech wheel,on some tracks now im nearly 4-5 seconds quicker,its so much better and I really didnt think it would make that much difference!

• EvilEyez

it really comes down to preference, I know a guy who posted the 7th time on the Spa leaderboard yesterday, and he's using a (PS3) pad... I'm using a wheel and cannot get even close although I know the track.

If only the ghost car download didn't fail on me every time I would be able to see where I'm missing time arggghhh

I think I can drive just a litle, i've become third on the toyota simulation driving simulator on spa. last year. So thats not the problem i guess:p

Now i'm on istanbul, and now its normal again. same as on melbourne. Not ass quick as it shoult be, but normal again and nog 5 seconds differance.

• Roadwarrior1

I found the same with the pad,some tracks i was on the pace and others a long way off,then thats why i got the wheel,Im more consistant now:redface:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%