Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.07
Toe rear: 0.23

I was able to get 1:17.282 on qualifying with Ferrari on carrer ->Expert->wheel driving force GT.​

Tried to make it true to life with high ride height and soft springs but have to leave that rear wing angle so low to get competitive times unfortunately haha. Should have enough rear grip regardless. Managed a 1:14 with a red bull in time trial

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 5

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 8
Rear Ride Height: 9
Front Spring Stiffness: 2
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox
Gear 1: 109 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 161 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 188 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 215 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 243 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 275 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: -

Alignment

Camber front: -0.60
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Mostly just posting so that the forums will shut up about me not being active. Not much for talking.
3 min left in my Q1, first season career, throttle maps and braking efficiency upgrades.
Everything off/on or sim for maximum realism... besides racing line... because I havent learned the tracks yet.
Using a DFGT.
Only been playing f1 2010 since yesterday (was on sale, figured i'd mess around with something a little less serious than iRacing)
ran a 18.440 on PRIMES... will update post with my noob lap time on Options.
--16.996 on Options with same car/options/ect. Just changed down the aero a bit.--

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6>4* * Lowered the aero because it's better.
Rear Wing Angle: 4>2*
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 3

Gearbox
Gear 1: 113 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 171 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 198 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 236 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 274 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 281 kph / xxx mph
* Not using 7th, because I'm a noob and I get less on-throttle oversteer this way.
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: 4 laps

Alignment

Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -2.80
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

Obviously there's going to be more speed in it for Q times if you max out cambers and toes and such... but I'm just screwing about for the most part so I just use my race sets for Qualifying.

PS.
Thank you all for posting setups. Things in this garage don't seem to work as I'd expect. Keep up the good work.

I finally managed a 1:16.864 in Qualifying and took pole in season mode with the RBR. That was a banzai lap and I know where everyone is making up there time now from watching video's of hot laps on youtube.com :)

I took the win at Monaco finally with Legend mode on! Took forever but now onto the next 9 races which I will dominate no doubt :thanks: for all the setup advice as I was able to knock my avg laptimes down from 1:19.xxx to 1:17.xxx in race trim. Lots of practice on this track helps. Turn damage off so when you mess up you don't have to restart the race/lap/time trial.

Good luck pilots...Enjoy :)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 7
Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: Medium

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: 109 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 134 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 159 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 184 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 208 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 233 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 259 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 78 laps

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Try this :) my fasted time was 1.13.405 :p

Why has my car suddenly become so slow?

The car was fine in the first few races of the season and I picked up points in every race. This was untill I showed in Catilunya. My times in practice were 3 or 4 seconds slower than cars that were normally around me. I tryed running Low and High downforce and the High downforce (Typically wet settings) were marginally (3 tenths of a second) faster than the low downforce. I finnaly qualified 21st but was driving so slowly that I was hit into a turn by a Virgin driver which dislodged my back wheel. I decided to call it a day on that race after being so slow.

So now I am in Monaco were the problem persists. I have tried using your setups, which have reduced my time from 1:25:000 to 1:22:464, but thats still 2 seconds slower than my team mate, and considering I am usually 2 seconds faster than him I can't undestand whats happened to my car. I was really enjoying the game and fighting in the mid-field for the points - and driving around in last place is not what I want to be doing..

Webber is on pole 1:18:109
Team mate Buemi is 15th with 1:20:522
but the fastest I can seem to get is 1:22:464

So whats happened to my car? Can anyone help me and explain?

Absolutely nothing has happened to your car. Catalunya is completely f*****. The AI are much much much quicker around there than any other track. The best I've managed to finish there on Legendary AI is 2nd place.

As for Monaco, you're just not quick enough and/or have the wrong setup. It's easy to get a 1:17.xxx time at Monaco, provided you have the right setup.

Absolutely nothing has happened to your car. Catalunya is completely f*****. The AI are much much much quicker around there than any other track. The best I've managed to finish there on Legendary AI is 2nd place.

As for Monaco, you're just not quick enough and/or have the wrong setup. It's easy to get a 1:17.xxx time at Monaco, provided you have the right setup.

I actually managed to win Catalunya when I first started out, had similar problems with pace think around 15th was all I could manage in quai. So just for the hell of it every time a car would pass me or lap me coming down the pit straight or the back straight is take em into a barrier :p

In all seriousness Nighteyes is right your just not quick enough at Monaco although about the setup there its all preferance as I still run a 1/1 wing setup there.

Hi I made this set up and found it good got lap times of 1.14's to 1.15's. Feel free to try it out and improve it if you want.

Monte Carlo - Monaco

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle 8
Rear Wing Angle 10

Braking
Balance F 50% 50% R
Pressure High
Brake Size Standard

Balance
Ballast Distribution F 50% 50% R
Front Anti-Roll Bar 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height 8
Rear Ride Height 8
Front Spring Stiffness 4
Rear Spring Stiffness 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 115 kph - 72 mph
Gear 2: 141 kph - 88 mph
Gear 3: 167 kph - 104 mph
Gear 4: 194 kph - 121 mph
Gear 5: 222 kph - 138 mph
Gear 6: 251 kph - 156 mph
Gear 7: 281 kph - 175 mph

Engine
Throttle Map Cruise

Alignment
Camber Front -1.50
Camber Rear -2.50
Toe Front 0.09
Toe Rear 0.32

using this i got 1.18.379 exactly in three cars taking different lines with each car mclaren red bull and the mercades

using this i got 1.18.379 exactly in three cars taking different lines with each car mclaren red bull and the mercades

I found this was too much under steer for the Ferrari in Career mode so had to back off the rear wing and raise the front, put the balance to the front more and lowered the ride height and made the springs stiffer.

that allowed me to consistently nail mid 1.18's. I was only good enough to get 8th in Qualifying though!

Hello everybody,

I've try a different setup for an 1.17.012 with the redbull 1.16. possible ... with prime and an 1.18. with Option

I've just adjust wings 9 front 11 rear. Hight 2 front 3 rear. Bump 4 front 9 rear i have good grip in the curve slow and fast. But, don't push too fast at the end of the curve. I don't know the reason but sometimes little slide from the rear of the car. For the box, i adjust it, for having short gear Top speed is 272km/h in the straight line. Camber front -0.5 and -0.35 rear. Toe front between 0.09 and 0.11 and 0.20 to 0.23 rear depending how you drive agressive or not.
Choose small brakes if possible or let Standard. Choose High for the pressure. So you must be able to brake very lately and push the nose of the car in the curve with very good grip. I win the race in difficult condition, weather change two times Sun in the begenning and heavy rain in the middle of the race and between dry and wet on the track for the end. Alonso was 30 seconds late at the end of the race (full race with 3 pit stop). 189km/h average soo you can see I drove fast with or without rain. And also win trophee for having pole position and wining race in Monaco ^^ Very good week-end for me and the team.

Enjoy,

Kwarck

What surprises me is that Bram's settings for Monaco in teh dry have lower gears than his own settings for the wet?! Wouldn't you normally have lower kph for the wet gear settings? On the first page of this thread 1st is 112 and 2nd is 138 - but in the 'wet' thread 1st is 126 and 2nd is 151.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back