F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I simply cant believe times under 1.12 or smthg done without mods whatsoever. Especially such a radical setups.

I dont like idea of having rear wing 1 or rear balance 100%, doesnt apply in the real world at all which rises the question, WTF is wrong with this game? should be kinda sim, not Need for speed toy.

Or is it seriously that you superfast-guys spend so much time within and scientifically study every aspect of the game thus possible to take all advantage (loopholes?) in consideration?

If I would have such amazing skills without cheating, even virtually, I would push my self first into Gym then into some REAL race car seat somehow, for sure someone would notice your reactions, consistency..
carry on telling yourself that, we've heard it all before, face the fact there are skilled Driver's out there.

I simply cant believe times under 1.12 or smthg done without mods whatsoever. Especially such a radical setups.

I dont like idea of having rear wing 1 or rear balance 100%, doesnt apply in the real world at all which rises the question, WTF is wrong with this game? should be kinda sim, not Need for speed toy.

Or is it seriously that you superfast-guys spend so much time within and scientifically study every aspect of the game thus possible to take all advantage (loopholes?) in consideration?

If I would have such amazing skills without cheating, even virtually, I would push my self first into Gym then into some REAL race car seat somehow, for sure someone would notice your reactions, consistency..

Its called skill mate. Heck someones done a 1:09 without cheating.

Its called skill mate. Heck someones done a 1:09 without cheating.

I don't doubt that these guys are skilled and fully deserve their lap times and haven't cheated.

I do think, however, that it's something that should be tweaked in the sequel (or the one after that if we're too late) so that set-ups that would make Monaco undriveable in the real world do the same in the virtual. Otherwise it makes set-ups a little pointless.

It should be very, very difficult to beat the real life times (these are the best drivers in the world after all) so people doing 1:09s is not terribly realistic (I stress this is not their fault).

I'm all for peope beating the real times, but it should be by hundreds, tenths or maybe even 1 or 2 seconds but not 5. Otherwise the physics engine isn't doing it's job properly.

Until this happens very well done for all those guys and gals out there getting these times, you are darn quick!!! I agree with Ammba on this bit, you should get yourself in to a Karting team and be the next Ayrton.

Correct me if im wrong but in this game isnt there is a default wing setting for every circuit you go to and lowering and raising the wing in the garage only alters the downforce within a small parameter? Ie.. a 1 wing setting in Monaco is nothing like a 1 wing setting in Monza?

I need to find a good setup. Got a no assists 100% championship race at the weekend and dont want to be on the back foot in terms of setup. I was going to just run highest downforce possible but not so sure now :)

Correct me if im wrong but in this game isnt there is a default wing setting for every circuit you go to and lowering and raising the wing in the garage only alters the downforce within a small parameter? Ie.. a 1 wing setting in Monaco is nothing like a 1 wing setting in Monza?

I need to find a good setup. Got a no assists 100% championship race at the weekend and dont want to be on the back foot in terms of setup. I was going to just run highest downforce possible but not so sure now :)

Chris if that's the case I stand corrected on set-ups and I need to work harder. I was looking at it in the same way as the old Geoff Crammond games.

I'll stand by what I said about astonishingly low lap times tho, but reiterate I'm not knocking those people who are just really, really quick.

I would offer you a set-up but if I've not been doing it right then you'd probably end up getting lapped.

Thats ok the whole wing setting thing is a bit missleading in this game. For ages i would just run 11 wing at monaco and 1 wing at Monza, but is not as simple as that it seems. :) Geoff Crammonds GP2 wing settings made sense!

Yeh the stupidly quick lap times are annoying. I dont tend to do TT anymore so not to worried, doesnt suit my driving style and hate the grip levels. Ive noticed that the exceptionally quick guys in TT have some sort of technique for late braking and going down the gears as quick as a machine gun. Proper weird.

I don't doubt that these guys are skilled and fully deserve their lap times and haven't cheated.

I do think, however, that it's something that should be tweaked in the sequel (or the one after that if we're too late) so that set-ups that would make Monaco undriveable in the real world do the same in the virtual. Otherwise it makes set-ups a little pointless.

It should be very, very difficult to beat the real life times (these are the best drivers in the world after all) so people doing 1:09s is not terribly realistic (I stress this is not their fault).

I'm all for peope beating the real times, but it should be by hundreds, tenths or maybe even 1 or 2 seconds but not 5. Otherwise the physics engine isn't doing it's job properly.

Until this happens very well done for all those guys and gals out there getting these times, you are darn quick!!! I agree with Ammba on this bit, you should get yourself in to a Karting team and be the next Ayrton.

I agree, I do 1:08.9 in TT and 1:12.1 with all sims on and thats too much faster than in real imo. I dont like when games are too unrealistically, thats why I have moved to rFactor and wait and hope for a bit harder and realistacally F1 2011. In this game you can floor the throttle very early in the turns even with all assists off and even with low gears. I also like when you have to "correct" the car with the steering wheel like in real F1 in rFactor :) . You never have to do that in the F1 2010 game.

Ok - I read all the pages and pages of Monaco GP setups and here is what I have done with the Virgin car season 1.

I managed to set pole with a 1:19.237, Xbox with a stock controller, no wheel. I was using the Option tires and Hevelgard (SP) setup with some tweaks for the Virgin aero package and gearing.

I am using all assists except breaking. (I am knew to this game)

During the race I was in P1 pulling away when it began to rain around lap 20 or so. By lap 30 I couldn't keep the car on the track so I pitted for intermediate tyres. I came back on track P1 and in good shape.

Luck would not be on my side as I came into the swimming pool chicane and locked up the fronts going in passing a lap car. I skidded thru the chicane and the stewards gave me a 10 second penalty. ACK!

So I kept driving from P1. Things got worse for me in the rain. I spun several times in weird places where I had never spun in the dry. Having no way to vary the throttle is a nightmear with the stick controller. But I kept pushing knowing I needed to win by 10+ seconds to TQ and Win the weekend.

Luck would have it that it dried out after 30 laps of rain driving so I had about the last 20 or so laps on the dry option tyres again. I was 30+ seconds in the lead with 7 laps to go and all the backmarkers decide to pit at the same time. I kept running as my tyres were good to take me to the finish. My car was getting looser but I was attacking the track and posted a 1:18.510 without cutting corners in the Virgin car on season 1 of 7. Best lap I had after about 1000 of them around the track after multiple practices over the past few days.

So with 10 laps to go I have to try and get past lappers. P2 is closing up and I spun again on the last turn before the front straight. The gap shortened to 12 seconds on the final lap. Then disaster hit. I spun coming from the high speed turn at the top of the hill. By the time I backed up and went again P2 was behind me. I pushed like mad that final stint of the lap and crossed 1st but with the 10 second penalty placed 2nd by 0.7 SEC. Ouch...1 hr 49 mins of racing to loose 1st by 3/4 a second hurts.

I had this track pretty much railed by the time I was done. You can come from the tunnel and launch into the swimming pool chicane then blip the throttle to get her loose at the 1st right turn apex and she will rotate back to the right to help the exit. It took hours of practice to get this consistent. When I finally put S1, S2 and S3 together I managed that 1:18.510. Nothing spectacular but as fast as I could manage with the stick controller and that car.

So I haven't even read through all the setups here, but I just did a lap time of 1:10.970 on the ps3, no assists cockpit cam. My gamertag is Anecronomicon so yeah for any doubters just check the leaderboards I'm 37th.

The point is I did it with the default engineer fastest dry setup, no tweaks whatsoever. Maybe the custom setups aren't such a huge advantage, I'll try some anyway & see what happens. It might be difficult adapting to the different gear ratios lol.

I didn't mean to single you out, fella. But time-trial ... it's not racing; there's no pressure from the car behind, no car in front to chase down, no looking for a gap to steal an overtake...

I didn't mean to single you out, fella. But time-trial ... it's not racing; there's no pressure from the car behind, no car in front to chase down, no looking for a gap to steal an overtake...

I agree with this, that's why I only do time trial in Monaco. The prestige of Monte Carlo is well worth the effort, & the difficulty in doing a really fast lap is exhilarating IMO. But sure competitive races with changing grip levels & heavy fuel loads is 90% of the game.

Those who entered the tt top 50 on the leaderboards without assists can still be content with themselves though, it's frigging difficult.

Hi all, This forum is fantastic and i really like to read all of the members comments, one thing about the time trials which some of you said that are very very quick and it fast , well i can tell that some guys using program who tweak the cars and make it more faster , especially in corners , this is why you see alot of unreasoanable lap times on the table of the leaderboard.

Time Trial
Time: 1:10:042
Car: Mclaren
No Assists

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: Low
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox

Gear 1: 119 kph
Gear 2: 134 kph
Gear 3: 160 kph
Gear 4: 187 kph
Gear 5: 214 kph
Gear 6: 247 kph
Gear 7: 291 kph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

Hey all,

just like to say all the set ups everybody has posted have been a massive help especially above guys Viktor all my times coming down. I'm a average driver on F1 and monaco was obviously a pain in the arse could not get below 1:20 but after this set up i can and still improving so keep up the good work

cheers

Kev

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back