Monster Truck Championship

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new simulation based on the world of Monster Truck Racing has been announced - and it's set to arrive this coming Autumn.

Monster Truck Championship by TEYON has been billed as 'the first Monster Truck Simulation' and is set to offer players a realistic simulation experience of the unique Monster Truck style of racing.

Monster Truck Championship is a unique simulation where players climb aboard a giant truck to take part in various competitions. However, don't expect to perform impossible aerial stunts by simply pushing down the accelerator: players need to master the vehicle physics to set new race records and to pull off the kinds of realistic tricks that drivers perform in real competitions.
Set to feature 25 city location venues across America, with multiple game modes and 18 customizable vehicles, Monster Truck Championship looks like it aims to offer something of a unique experience for sim racers to enjoy the Autumn, giving players an opportunity to sample one of the more popular sports in the USA, while offering up a simulation like driving experience behind the wheel.

Check out the new trailer below:

From the press release:

In Monster Truck Championship, players can race on 25 circuits in different cities across the United States in several game modes: freestyle, race, destruction, time attack, and an online mode where up to eight players can race against each other.

Drivers can choose from 18 completely customizable vehicles with the ability to improve acceleration and top speed with a finely tuned engine, adjust the vehicle's stability via suspension stiffness, modify grip with tyres selected according to the competition, and much more. Over 50 elements are available to help create trucks that combine performance and style.

Monster Truck Championship also has a career mode where players take part in different tournaments, upgrade their Monster Trucks after wins, and manage their team and finances. The aim is to take home the ultimate prize: become the Professional League Champion at the Monster Truck Finals!

Monster Truck Championship boasts multiple features to increase immersion, such as crowd cheers, the characteristic throbbing engines and collision damage. The game faithfully reproduces all the unique demands of mastering these powerful trucks, including independent front and rear wheel management, mass transfer anticipation in bends, and predicting bounces after jumps. Monster Truck Championship is for fans of Monster Trucks and all players looking for a thrilling and unique motorsports simulation.

Monster Truck Championship will be available on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC Autumn 2020.

Keep your eye out for the upcoming Monster Truck Championship sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions about this upcoming new game.

Monster Truck Championship 1.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't played a monster truck game since this one... Still have the CD :D
MV5BYjlkZmFiM2EtM2Y1OC00NjBmLThhOGYtODQzM2NiMGM4N2FjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5MDE5NA@@._V1_.jpg

Maybe if this is any good then it could be time for some more madness, it's been a while

The sad thing is, you haven't missed anything better since! MTM2 is still the best monster truck game made decades later. Hopefully this game brings something to the table finally! Just the fact it has front and rear steering is enough to have me interested. Hopefully it is fun.

The sprint car game from Tony Stewart turned out to be REALLY fun... hoping this will be decent as well. I played MTM2 too when I was a kid. Always chose the snake truck, and I remember a map where you could get hit by a train.

I had a lotnof fun with the monster trucks races in toca race driver 3, but justnine track with different versions, this game could be amazing if rightly done.

Looks good. Wondering how this will compare with Monster Jam Steel Titans that was released last year. I thought that looked good too, but still haven't tried it yet.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%