Monster Summer Sale (Steam Summer Sale 2015)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Howdy!

So, the Monster Summer Sale have been going for some days, and as always, I'm curious on what games people have decided to buy! After not buying much the last few Steam sales, my bank account is emptying out, my router is dying, my PC is on 24/7 downloading (games not other, adult themed things).

Oh well, here is my list so far! And if you guys spot something that is on sale that is a must-buy please tell! There are many hidden gems around on Steam! :)

Last edited:
Alice: Madness Returns ( sold some Summer Sale Cards, so I only paid 1,57 Euro for the game )
Activated it NOT in Steam. Activated it on Origin. ;) So, some DLC have been added. ;)

Also added some links to the games in the first post.

For the next 7 hours (Flash Sale), you can get Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons for 1,49EUR(both zones)/1,49USD/1.09GBP, a controller is needed. This was one of the best games of 2013, regardless of system and/or genre. Great visuals, and a nice story. There is a reason why it is "Overwhelmingly Positive" from the over 16000 user reviews on Steam.
If you are looking for a small little gem, which doesn't take more than 2-3 hours to complete. This is truly a game to buy!

Steam Sales are great (or lethal for your wallet) if you're new to PC gaming or gaming in general.
These days with over 600 items in my library i barely get excited anymore :)

Mainly grabbing me some indie games and maybe 3 AAAs per year.

So far in this sale:

Cities: Skylines
FOTONICA
Qbeh-1
FRACT OSC
Hippocampal: The White Sofa
Remember Me
DLC Quest
The Hat Man: Shadow Ward

Good thread. This is a great way of helping others discover those hidden gems that are so easily missed.

"Developer Alliance Bundle" is a cool little collection of 4 games for only $0.74 USD, one of which is "Polarity" which is a neat puzzle game. Kind of like a poor man's "The Talos Principle". Same kind of puzzle solving but with simplified 3D graphics. Lots of fun if you like that kind of thing. I'm having a good time with it. The other 3 games in this bundle are 2D platformers.

"Rochard" is also very nice for only $1.49 USD. You can even get the DLC for another $0.29 USD. :D

For the next 7 hours (Flash Sale), you can get Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Thank you very much for the heads-up on this. I was unaware of this game and missed the Flash sale (if it was less than its current price of $2.99 USD, which is still 80% off) but have now added this to Wishlist to pick up no later than the 22nd. This looks amazing for such a small price.

That's the kind of info that I love to see in these threads. Looking at the Steam store can be overwhelming, because when you're unfamiliar with 90% of the titles shown, you don't know what you're missing out on unless somebody says "Man, I got this and it's awesome for the price." :)

Guys if you find any racing games (gems) or sports games on sale for a reasonable price, please let me know ;)

Suddenly this thread got some traction!

Thank you very much for the heads-up on this. I was unaware of this game and missed the Flash sale (if it was less than its current price of $2.99 USD, which is still 80% off) but have now added this to Wishlist to pick up no later than the 22nd. This looks amazing for such a small price.

It was 90% off, so it might jump back to that the last day of the sale!
Seeing the other games you recommended, I must 'warn' you though. Brothers is a game just as much about the story of the two brothers, as the puzzles. You won't be sitting, scratching your head and wondering how to solve thing. Well, with the exception of getting used to control one brother with the left stick, and the other brother with the right stick! Single-Player Co-op at it's best!

I also recommend to sit down and try to play as much as possible of the game in one go. Easier to get carried away with the story then!

Guys if you find any racing games (gems) or sports games on sale for a reasonable price, please let me know ;)

Of course, I don't think there are any hidden gems in the racing category to be honest (just stay the hell away from all the awful manager games!)!

EDIT:
Todays use of money...

Anybody tried "BeamNG.Drive"? It's on my wishlist and currently 10% off ($22.49 USD). I may splurge on it by the 22nd. Looks like fun and really reminds me of "Wreckfest" which I already have (and currently awaiting long anticipated update).

Anybody tried "BeamNG.Drive"? It's on my wishlist and currently 10% off ($22.49 USD). I may splurge on it by the 22nd. Looks like fun and really reminds me of "Wreckfest" which I already have (and currently awaiting long anticipated update).

"I know it's early access but what exactly am I accessing? There's no game here. There's just a physics engine with no real gameplay elements attached. The races are really not races at all - they're just time trials (races involve more than just one car!). There's really no difference at all, from a gameplay perspective, between the "races" and just driving around aimlessly.

There is no AI. There are no opponent cars or anything like that. It's just you, driving around in a sterile environment. This game is fun for a couple hours, just long enough to get beyond the refund period, and then you realise how shallow it is and how little there is to do.
"

Is one of the reviews on Steam, and it is pretty much correct.

Of course, I don't think there are any hidden gems in the racing category to be honest (just stay the hell away from all the awful manager games!)!
Of course, I just see the reviews for it.. ;)

No I haven't, though I'll have a look at it ;).

I will come back later and post my list of suggestions here, but it's looooooooooooooong :)
Just don't expect that many AAA titles on that list *g*

33% off right? I'm holding on, it have not been on flash, or daily yet, so I'm not buying at this moment!

If you have tried it, I'd like to know how it is, looked interesting, I just didn't dare to buy it!
Reiza said on Twitter that neither GSCE or FT2013 would be part of a flash sale. It's racing trucks so if you think you'd like that it's fantastic. I love Reiza and have been waiting on a sale for it so I picked it up the first day of the sale. It's a lot of fun but takes a bit of getting used to. There's quite a few add on tracks here and I've found more on the internet. It's a lot of fun IMO and it's Reiza so you know it's good.

Reiza said on Twitter that neither GSCE or FT2013 would be part of a flash sale. It's racing trucks so if you think you'd like that it's fantastic. I love Reiza and have been waiting on a sale for it so I picked it up the first day of the sale. It's a lot of fun but takes a bit of getting used to. There's quite a few add on tracks here and I've found more on the internet. It's a lot of fun IMO and it's Reiza so you know it's good.

Still, I'll wait until the last day before doing anything! :) I have my principles and I stand by them! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%