Just found out that you can spin as you please forward and back in mid air... Is that possible in real Life? Thinking if they spin the Wheels forward or reverse? Cant Think that you can do it as well as in the game. That's where the kiddie part comes in sadly. Looked like a decent couch game until i saw that.

Just found out that you can spin as you please forward and back in mid air... Is that possible in real Life? Thinking if they spin the Wheels forward or reverse? Cant Think that you can do it as well as in the game. That's where the kiddie part comes in sadly. Looked like a decent couch game until i saw that.
I mean it's definitely a thing IRL, it's probably not as simple as the game makes it but it's not really a surprise that on default settings it's simplified to the point anyone can do it. I don't have the game but I saw it has a few assists like auto rear steer vs. second stick rear steer, and self-leveling in the air.

Monster Jam Steel Titans .jpg

The first update of Monster Jam: Steel Titans has been released..

The latest game that contains the official licence of the American Monster Jam series, Steel Titans has been the recipient of their first game update since releasing to console and PC back on June 25th.

Reacting to the community feedback since the game first dropped, developers Rainbow Studios have looked to address some of the more important issues with the title, recently releasing the first new build of this interesting and often quite impressive new game.

Of the latest update highlights, the various improvements to truck behaviour are perhaps the most interesting. Feedback from players has suggested Steel Titans can occasionally be prone to delivering suspect truck reactions from various situations within the game, something that Rainbow appear to have attempted to address with this new build.

Monster Jam: Steel Titans Update 1 Details.

Bug Fixes
  • Flips no longer detected during Cyclones and Donuts
  • Mud and dust now accumulates correctly on trucks
  • Fixed rare crash in Truck Select menu
  • Lessened rotational forces which could cause the truck to spin on front or rear ends
Updates & Improvements
  • Improved Stunt Detection
  • Back Flips and Front Flips
  • Wheelies and Stoppies
  • Slap Wheelies
  • Sky Wheelies
  • Adjustments to Basic Tutorial
  • Various small improvements to Monster Jam University

Check out the Monster Jam Steel Titans sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions about this new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I had fun with it. A bit too easy though. Works great with X360 controller and dual stick steering. I'll give it a shot after this update as it seems they addressed some things I had issues with. Would have been nice if it had at least a simple multiplayer option.

It is fun for sure, even support for my wheel :thumbsup:
What wheel is that, Craig?
As I understand it, only a few brands and types wheels are supported.
I run a small Mige. For as far as I know, there is no support for that yet.
It looks really fun and reminds me at Microsofts Monster Truck Madness, which I played for days on end. That was really fun. I hope it is kinda like that (but better and smoother) :)

What wheel is that, Craig?
As I understand it, only a few brands and types wheels are supported.
I run a small Mige. For as far as I know, there is no support for that yet.
It looks really fun and reminds me at Microsofts Monster Truck Madness, which I played for days on end. That was really fun. I hope it is kinda like that (but better and smoother) :)

Yeah just like Monster Truck Madness, but with 2019 graphics ..

It's only a chepo wheel T300, It recognised it immediately.

What I don't like thus far is when you upgrade a truck you can't seem to "de-tune" it. For example a fully upgraded truck in freestyle mode is a complete mess. Would be nice to be able to de-tune it instead of having to choose a non upgraded truck.

A brand new update for Monster Jam Steel Titans is now available to download.

I'm going to be honest here, I don't play the game and I'm pretty confused about the rather obscure and confusing information available, but if after performing my best Sherlock Holmes routine I'm nearly half right in my investigations... I think an update is available - but I've no idea what it contains.

What I do know is the update will be free for all players, has a more difficult career mode and contains something called 'Overcast variants' - whatever that is.

I'm sure many of you are interested in the game and its development, so I'm going to post the full preview comment from social media here and let you try and work out what it means - comment below if you know!

Conquer the all new high difficulty Career+ mode to unveil brand new Overcast variants, and explore new Open World Challenges from legendary Monster Jam Trucks like Grave Digger, El-Toro Loco and Max-D to unlock special in game world items!​
The update is available to download on all platforms from December 12th.

Got something to say about the game? Get yourself over to the Monster Jam: Steel Titans sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a thread to engage with your fellow community members.

Monster Jam Steel Titans Update.jpg

Last edited:
For a second... well more like a minute, I couldnt understand the pic and thought I was seeing some MMORPG promotion lol
Given that pic and "monster" in the title, I thought pretty much the exact same thing initially. I wondered if Paul was cracking up and thought he was posting to the long-extinct PlayDepartment! :p

Rate the Sim: Monster Jam Steel Titans:...………...
Well the company that owns Monster Jam (Feld Entertainment) is about 8-10 miles away from me and has had it tough having to shut down Ringling Bros. Circus. They also own other motorsports racing sanctions and is alluring to developers as far as licensing goes. This title is a fanfare style racing game but could also allure pure simracers with a more serious sim style version of the game and open the door to develop titles based on other series they own.

Feld Motor Sports, Inc.[30]
Like it or not they as a group should not be ignored

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline