Im glad that there are more videogames about weird motorsports currently, like a revival of NASCAR with the Heat games, the FIA truck racing games, WRC8 being good, and this one. But i fear its gonna have the typical treatment of having yearly releases at 60 bucks with no new improvement we are already seeing with Dirt 2.0 of trying to convert a niche genre into a cashgrab.

Im wondering if all the sx riders will be in the game.

In sx1 we missed tomac and in sx2 we missed roczen.

Possible we missed more guys ( in the lites series ) but not sure

Hope sx3 will show all riders.

What i mean is having more than one game covering a niche area. And i think motocross hasn't really ever gotten many serious sim games about it.
yeah and you can imagine it's even more nightmare to translate the real-life experience to the screen/controllers/VR etc. And as a result the ones which are more to the hardcore side are very painful to learn.
There are two more hardcore games with quite big community - MX Simulator and MX Bikes. MX Bikes has now VR support which is a huge advantage for those type of sims, but MX Simulator i think is still the king within the community.

yeah and you can imagine it's even more nightmare to translate the real-life experience to the screen/controllers/VR etc. And as a result the ones which are more to the hardcore side are very painful to learn.
There are two more hardcore games with quite big community - MX Simulator and MX Bikes. MX Bikes has now VR support which is a huge advantage for those type of sims, but MX Simulator i think is still the king within the community.
Well i dont really focus on the VR aspect much as much as i focus that this new thing of making "sims" or racing games of different areas could turn into a classic industry cashgrab soon.

Well i dont really focus on the VR aspect much as much as i focus that this new thing of making "sims" or racing games of different areas could turn into a classic industry cashgrab soon.
new thing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Racing

this strategy was capitalized many years ago, and really the "new thing" is evolving projects, early access, open betas, subscription based, free-to-play (pay for dlc), you name it. But people complain about that too.

Some new screens:

165854265.jpg

165863234.jpg

165865000.jpg

165868609.jpg

165866828.jpg

165856062.jpg

165857875.jpg

165861484.jpg

165859718.jpg

They still use unreal engine btw? I think they are rocking it, it looks further and further away from standard UE4 style of lighting/material settings, in a good way.

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 was recently announced by Milestone, and in this new video we get to take a look at some of the physics changes under the hood of the new title.

Probably the least snappy title of any modern racing game, Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 (hereby known in future articles as simply 'Supercross 3') has undergone something of a reset for the third instalment into the series - Milestone having taken some of the lessons from previous editions into consideration as they look to continue expanding and improving upon what is proving to be a popular new two wheel racing franchise.

'The new trailer gives a glimpse of the huge work made by the studio to create a new physics system that will affect both on track and in air gameplay' said a press release accompanying the latest game trailer. 'By popular demand, the studio worked a lot on the air physics, setting free the air rotation system and allowing players to freely perform their whips and scrubs. Tracks are now more alive, thanks to revised particles of fireworks, flames, dry and wet ground that are more detailed and realistic. Rider and secondary character models have been completely re-made from scratch with photo scanning that now feature a new set of animations. The new model system allowed to add for the first time a Female Rider model with its own animations'.

Supercross 3 is set to launch February 4th on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia and Nintendo Switch.

Monster Energy Supercross 3 - 2.jpg
Monster Energy Supercross 3 - 3.jpg

Attachments

• Monster Energy Supercross 3 - header.jpg
    Monster Energy Supercross 3 - header.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Finally some improvement ... we all love those amazing graphics but the movement was so Arcade that it gets boring really fast

They are not going to make it full-on simulation... besides with a controller, would it really be a Sim anyway????

My biggest issue is they should add the outdoors MX USA as a huge DLC! Get it right and build on it!

Still no MX Bikes coverage. Currently there are 4 major motocross games/series that are going (well, MXGP and Supercross are separate though kinda the same, so it's even 5), and only MXGP/Supercross are covered here.
Meanwhile, MX Bikes is getting better and better now, and it's a simulation, which also has a VR support...

Meanwhile, MX Bikes is getting better and better now, and it's a simulation, which also has a VR support...

Hmmm not familiar with that one I don't think - thanks for the heads up chap - I'll look into it and add it to the list of news sources to review!

Please, if you ever think we are 'missing' something we should cover - drop me a PM and tell me! I'm pretty much a one man band on the news posting, so with the best will in the world I'm going to miss some stuff, especially as I'm only doing this in the evening after me real job finishes.. any pointers in directions of interesting things to cover are always welcomed :)

Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years