Monitor & TV

• Jacek Kozlowski

Yes Ben.this is the one.Its the same,all spec. are same just the number is slightly different my is LN32A551 and one You found is LN32A558 but i cant find an difference. Really happy with it.

Now i know that i use same connection as Matt-
"I have a converter on my graphics card that changes the DVI-out to a VGA - then I used a cable to hookup from the VGA-in on the TV to the DVI/VGA-out on the graphics card."

Next week i want to buy GTX280 card,ill see if it has HDMI,but if not its not any problem for me as it works great.

• Jacek Kozlowski

I think just because i get used to nvidia cards,
and here in Poland i would have to pay more for 4870x2,
tommorow im going to my comp.store and i will look around,see the prices.

I seen on Youtube that 4870x2 is fastes card on market right now,but i have to check prices.I have to change power suply too as my is too low for new card if not this i would probably go for ATI card
thanks Ben for Your sugestion:).....I will see and decide in next few days

• Jacek Kozlowski

I myself use a Samsung F86 40" tv from a 8800GTX via dvi - HMDI cable

bit pricey but im sure there are far cheaper ones, no problems here either.

only made a video about Company of heroes for a friend, but here it is

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ztFTxuaTA[/media]

Thats a very nice TV Neil:thumb:

Really ive never heard that someone had problems using Samsung TV
with their PC.

You would have been better off with a normal 4870 over a GTX280 really - nVidias new cars aren't anything special.

Also a Corsair TX650 or 750 would have been a better choice on the PSU side in my opinion.

• Jacek Kozlowski

why not a corsair ?
There cheaper and better I though

My Gigabyte main board is not supporting crossfire:mmph: -thats next thing to upgrade for me

lol ....i cant read You mean crosair-dont even know if they have it

• Jacek Kozlowski

James maybe but another thing is that i have 2years quaranty left,i can only make upgrade in this store -they dont have much to choose from and prices are quite high......i have tagan 400W now and it isnt that bad

This was my first better Pc bought now i know that its better to Build it by Yourself maybe with some friends help than buy it in store.
Next year im planing to buy another pc instead of upgrading this one maybe.Old one will go to my nephew.
And i want to build something really good ,now i have little more expierience and wont do same mistakes (hope so)another thing is im not good with technical stuff but with some help it might work

Second Monitor

Need some advice,

I've currently got a single monitor (19" 1440x900) , but I've got a 15" monitor that is sitting around doing nothing which could be used as something more useful.

I need some advice about this, obviously I still want to run games on the single monitor and have the other with desktop/browser etc open. In my PC I have a single 8800GT, which is solid and caused me no problems.

So do get a DVI converter and just attach the 2nd monitor or would this cause my frame rates to drop significantly.
Or do I buy a cheapo graphics card to run the 2nd monitor?

Cheers Guys :thumb:

I have a 8800GT running a 19" widescreen like yours with a 15" on the side straight off my single card, So i can view TS and other software while in game.
I didnt notice any frame rate issues on my rig.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%