monitor or TV problem

Upgrading my 22" LG monitor. Have found another Lg Full HD 27" for £160
but ideally would like bigger but my budget is less than £200 and most 29 or 32" monitors are well above that.
So my problem is having read that some people use LED TV's should I get a TV instead, it has been mentioned that some TV's have input lag.
Anyway after lots of searching have found this TV :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaupunkt-32-inch-Black-Full-Freeview/dp/B00OLX83MY/ref=sr_1_1_m?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1416685379&sr=1-1&keywords=32 inch tv

Cant find any info on input lag for this model. I will be using an HDMI cable
Anyone know of this model or can help me with this problem please.
EDIT- Seems there is no Game Mode for this TV guess that could affect Input Lag.

Last edited:
Any TV for gaming needs a Game Mode somewhere in the settings. Normal TVs pre-process the signal before displaying it - sometimes they can be quite some time behind the real picture.

I have a Hitachi 40" in Game Mode via HDMI and there is no perceivable input lag - the same as on my monitor.

Any TV for gaming needs a Game Mode somewhere in the settings. Normal TVs pre-process the signal before displaying it - sometimes they can be quite some time behind the real picture.

I have a Hitachi 40" in Game Mode via HDMI and there is no perceivable input lag - the same as on my monitor.
Thanks I'm also told that big screen tvs don't do very well for normal desktop viewing for eg txt can be small and not very clear. Also for AC you need to be quite close for good Fov effects and tvs can be bad as far as pixels are concerned. This is my dilemma can afford a 32" tv for my budget at best can only get a 28" full HD monitor for the same price.

Other than lag, resolution/screen size ratio is an issue. The larger you go in screen size the higher than resolution required to reproduce the small details like text, especially noticeable if sitting close. 1920 x 1080 doesn't look so good over 32" or so, I'm talking computer graphics not television programming which is optimized for HD.
My PC racing sims look great on my 32" monitor at 2540x1440 but not so good on my 34" and 55" flat panel televisions at 1920 x 1080. OK if sitting further away but then very hard to read small text.

I'm no expert, but I can share my experience with cheap TVs for monitors. I recently upgraded to triples about a year ago, and instead of getting 3 quality 27" monitors, I decided to get 3 low quality 40" TVs. It was a mistake. I've had stutters since I got them, and I believe it's because the refresh rate on the low quality TVs is very low. These TVs advertised 120hz, but that was false. They are 60hz, but looks more like 45. Cheap TVs suck for computers. When gaming, my computer will tell me that I'm getting 120fps, but it will look like 45fps no matter what I do, with noticeable stutter exactly every 1/2 second like it's on a metronome. I really wish I had gotten the monitors. It's my understanding that even cheap monitors handle PC input better than most TVs. (Obviously, they're designed to; TVs aren't.) I've decided not to make any more video purchases until I try an Oculus Rift, whenever that will be.

Other's above mentioned that a TV needs "Game Mode," well, my cheap TVs don't have that.

As for resolution, I've never been dissatisfied with what 1080 looks like on my TVs. They're great for surfing the internet, just bad for gaming. Hope this helps.

I'm no expert, but I can share my experience with cheap TVs for monitors. I recently upgraded to triples about a year ago, and instead of getting 3 quality 27" monitors, I decided to get 3 low quality 40" TVs. It was a mistake. I've had stutters since I got them, and I believe it's because the refresh rate on the low quality TVs is very low. These TVs advertised 120hz, but that was false. They are 60hz, but looks more like 45. Cheap TVs suck for computers. When gaming, my computer will tell me that I'm getting 120fps, but it will look like 45fps no matter what I do, with noticeable stutter exactly every 1/2 second like it's on a metronome. I really wish I had gotten the monitors. It's my understanding that even cheap monitors handle PC input better than most TVs. (Obviously, they're designed to; TVs aren't.) I've decided not to make any more video purchases until I try an Oculus Rift, whenever that will be.

Other's above mentioned that a TV needs "Game Mode," well, my cheap TVs don't have that.

As for resolution, I've never been dissatisfied with what 1080 looks like on my TVs. They're great for surfing the internet, just bad for gaming. Hope this helps.
That is why I finally went with a monitor, took a lot of advice and opinions as well as reading reviews, that monitors are better especially when on a budget of under £200.
I have a good computer store near me called CCL Computers, have bought all my stuff from there.
They advised not to buy TV'S so I bought this:-
Iiyama Prolite XB2783HSU-B1 27" LED Monitor
For a budget monitor for £190 so far so good.
Think your stuttering problem is Input Lag which Tv's, especially without Game mode, are common for. Monitors have a lot less lag problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%