Monitor envy to VR obsession in one week...

(I'm losing my mind...)

I just pre-ordered the HP Reverb G2 VR headset. As of a few hours ago, they were saying early September... we'll see about that. About $625. with tax. EXCITED!

EDIT: Of course, I need to create a storyboard with script on how to tell the Boss that this was in fact necessary/critical/justifiable for my well-being... No chance of success here... she's an Irish, retired elementary school teacher. I'm soo dead.

With this, I won't be getting a different monitor than what I currently have.

Last edited:
Was just wondering... if these new VR headsets are/will start impacting the sales of upper end gaming monitors? I was close to getting that LG 38" ultra wide model LG38GL950G before I started looking into VR....

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Was just wondering... if these new VR headsets are/will start impacting the sales of upper end gaming monitors? I was close to getting that LG 38" ultra wide model LG38GL950G before I started looking into VR....
Not likely, it is more of a compliment, not a replacement of a flat screen gaming and only works well for very specific genres (driving, flying sims). Not to mention HW requirements to drive it.

Upvote 0
Not likely, it is more of a compliment, not a replacement of a flat screen gaming and only works well for very specific genres (driving, flying sims). Not to mention HW requirements to drive it.

So, my current 27" Acer (2560x1440, 140hz) will be good w/ the HP VR, but how much better would the 38" LG be with it technically(FOV, or other things better), or is it only an immersion and/or eye-candy improvement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%