Monitor doesn't recognize display...

Does anyone have experience with this?

I turn on my computer, it lights up, the fans turn on but the monitor won't recognize a display neither from video card or from standard outputs.

Have spent time researching online for a solution, just wondering if someone here has experience with this.

I keep seeing "take out cmos battery, check ram...." not sure.

Thanks.

I had this problem once with a new MB. The wrong GPU was set as the primair GPU in the bios. It was on onboard GPU and not on the PCIe GPU.

So you are saying that you can get into bios but can't get into Windows correct? If that is the case, as soon as you see that the system has started to boot to Windows spam the F8 key to get a boot menu, or if you see one when you attempt to boot, choose safe mode and get into Windows. Once there set the resolution to a different value than what you had it before and see if you can reboot into Windows.

You normally would get this if the resolution was set incorrectly for the monitor or if the GPU was not putting out a signal. If you are seeing the startup and are able to get into the BIOS, then the GPU is putting a signal out.

Guys, thanks so much for the responses. Yes, I can't even get into BIOS much less Windows safe mode.

Maybe b/c my keyboard is USB only? Not sure.

Nothing displays on my monitor. It just powers up and says "Monitor Going to Sleep" and turns off. I've tried connecting the PC to my television through HDMI and it doesn't display an image either.

I opened her up yesterday and saw the MemOK light was on. After a while though my computer stopped even powering on.

At this point I just need to figure out how to get a professional diagnosis.

Is Geek Squad worth dealing with for this?

I'm trying to get out of work early so I can get CyberpowerPC tech support on the line but if it doesn't even power on I'm not sure how much help I can get.

Anybody have experience with repairs with CyberpowerPC? (i.e. time, cost)

Sorry I posted this in the wrong topic.

Update: My PC is headed in a cardboard coffin to CyberpowerPC. Said I'll get it back 2 weeks after they get it. Oh well.

Too late now, but Peter is probably right. You most likely have an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card. You were plugging the monitor into one, and the other one was selected in the BIOS.

If you were able to hear a single beep, and then disk activity when you turned on your computer, then yeah, probably just the wrong port.

Too late now, but Peter is probably right. You most likely have an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card. You were plugging the monitor into one, and the other one was selected in the BIOS.

If you were able to hear a single beep, and then disk activity when you turned on your computer, then yeah, probably just the wrong port.
no beeps unfortunately.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing