Monitor advice for triple screen set up

Hello,

I would like to switch from a 32 inch AOC non gaming screen to a triple screen set up to play mainly ACC, F1 2020 and Dirt rallye 2.0.

As the price of the GPUs is actually insane, I'll probably stay with my current AMD RX5700. My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X that I'll perhaps replace by a more capable Ryzen 5 5600X.

Concerning the screens for the triple screen set up, I would like to know your advice for 1080p gaming (120/144 Hz) that are easy to set up (with a small bezel) and freesync compatible.
I found the AOC C27G2ZE, the MSI Optix G271 or the MSI Optix G241.

Thanks for your help !

To start F1 and Dirt rally don't support triple screens properly and stretch the image across the 3 screens. Looks bad if using proper angles if screens are close to eyes.
I have 3 of the AOC 27G2 144hz 1ms screens and they are great, only 1080p but for my GPU (1080Ti) it is more pixels already than it can handle.
ACC doesn't like AMD GPU's as far as my research has found so the 5700 may struggle a bit with the 6 million pixels.

Back to the screens, they have small bezels, fast response times and even just at 60Hz look better than my old i2790qv non gaming screens did. They went on sale recently for $200 aud so a real bargin.

Thanks @2stains for the confirmation that the AOC 27G2 should do the job.
Concerning the fact that ACC doesn't like AMD GPUs, I wasn't aware of that... Mine just works as it should. I just know that AMD GPUs are missing the nvidia surround function but there's a software to compensate for that.
Could you give more detail ? What's the problem ? Or anyone else did have a specific problem with AMD GPU in ACC ?

You are currently on a single non gaming screen so I imagine 60hz, AMD and most modern mid tier cards will be fine but once you really start pushing the GPU is when you may see the limitations of your card.
Have a look through this thread, the 5700x is way behind the 1080ti which really they are equal jn most other titles, even the 5700xt can beat it at times. Not in ACC it seems .

Thanks ! it's a great Thread and I was not in the ACC forum before you sent me the link so double result :)
I'm sure a new GPU would be a nice upgrade but the prices are well too high at the moment... but I'll study every possibilities because an upgrade from my 2700X to a 5600X could give me a nice boost too for nothing in price (waiting for perhaps an opportunity for a new GPU).

Yeah i wasn't suggesting buying a new GPU, not in this market, more just giving info about what to expect from your current GPU.
I went from a 7700k to 10600k and noticed a big improvement at 5760x1080, i was very surprised how much my 1080Ti was limited by the 7700k in ACC and AMS2. Single threaded performance isn't much different between the two CPU's so both titles must need more than 4t 8c.

Hello,
I ordered one 1080p AOC 27G2 to check if it would fit and if I'll order the 2 others and the advice from @BillyBobSenna was spot on, but I had to check myself.
unfortunately, I'm really bothered by viewing the pixels on the 1080p screen. So, as the 240 Hz refresh rate was not my main parameter, I already ordered in place a 1440p "only 144 Hz":): the AOC CQ27G2U/BK.
I'll reduce the quality of some parameters to obtain at least 60 frames/sec with my current GPU for the moment and, as @BillyBobSenna said, when the GPU market (or if I change my CPU, perhaps it could be sufficient...), I could use these screens at their top performance.

I would go for 1440p displays even though you don't have a GPU to push them much yet.
What GPU would be good to run current gen sims at high settings on 3 x 1440p monitors would you say?
I guess future gen GPUs will fare better, but would you still spend the extra now, in the hope that you'd be able to buy a capable GPU in.... say the next 5 years or so?
In the current climate I just feel that 1440p monitors and a GPU to run them at decent settings is nowhere near my price range - even if I could get a 3080ti or 3090. That's at UK prices OC, US prices are a fair bit lower I think.

What GPU would be good to run current gen sims at high settings on 3 x 1440p monitors would you say?
I guess future gen GPUs will fare better, but would you still spend the extra now, in the hope that you'd be able to buy a capable GPU in.... say the next 5 years or so?
In the current climate I just feel that 1440p monitors and a GPU to run them at decent settings is nowhere near my price range - even if I could get a 3080ti or 3090. That's at UK prices OC, US prices are a fair bit lower I think.
I have triple Dell 32" 1440p displays. I ran them for about a year with an RTX2070. I mostly play ACC, RaceRoom, and AMS2. I thought the performance was acceptable with mid-graphics and the RTX2070.

I have a RTX3080Ti now and as expected, the frame rates doubled compared to the RTX2070.

I have a 2080 with triple 1440 monitors. I get about 90 FPS on raceroom with high settings.
It doesn’t matter what sim I play I don’t notice a difference with performance, but I don’t regularly check my fps as I’m happy with it and don’t need to see a number to ensure im happy. Guess I’m lucky I’m just not too sensitive to frame rates.
I got the 1440 monitors as I intended to upgrade to a 3080 and thought I’d suck up the performance issues on the 2080 till that time, but I don’t feel the need now, so I’ll stick with my 2080.

Last edited:
I have a 2080 with triple 1440 monitors. I get about 90 FPS on raceroom with high settings.
It doesn’t matter what sim I play I don’t notice a difference with performance, but I don’t regularly check my fps as I’m happy with it and don’t need to see a number to ensure im happy. Guess I’m lucky I’m just not too sensitive to frame rates.
I got the 1440 monitors as I intended to upgrade to a 3080 and thought I’d suck up the performance issues on the 2080 till that time, but I don’t feel the need now, so I’ll stick with my 2080.
I agree, ignorance is bliss for many gamers when it comes to frame rates. If you are satisfied and don't care, why bother understanding the frame rates and what the improvement would be with even more frame rates. For myself, I like the technology of the computer hardware in addition to the games. I also like to correlate the image quality and smoothness to the frames per second. In most games, I see huge improvements in image quality going up to 60 fps. 60 fps to 90 fps, I see slight improvements and over 90 fps, I see no improvements.

I agree, ignorance is bliss for many gamers when it comes to frame rates. If you are satisfied and don't care, why bother understanding the frame rates and what the improvement would be with even more frame rates. For myself, I like the technology of the computer hardware in addition to the games. I also like to correlate the image quality and smoothness to the frames per second. In most games, I see huge improvements in image quality going up to 60 fps. 60 fps to 90 fps, I see slight improvements and over 90 fps, I see no improvements.
But you advised somebody with a 1080ti to buy triple 1440 monitors. What kind of frame rates and image quality can he expect with that setup do you think?

Last edited:
But you advised somebody with a 1080ti to buy triple 1440 monitors. What kind of frame rates and image quality can he expect with that setup do you think?
Based on the GPU performance from tom's hardware, I would expect the 1080Ti to deliver 8% higher frame rates than I had with my RTX2070 that I thought was acceptable enough to use the setup for a year.
1.jpg

2.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline