Monitor advice for triple screen set up

OK fair enough. I've been running a 1080 and struggling at 5760 x 1080. I keep forgeting how much more performance a 1080ti has. My mistake - appologies.
I still wouldn't expect to run at night, or in the rain with high settings with 3 x 1440p and the ti though. I guess different folks have different ideas about what's acceptable. For me, I've never used 1440, which means I'm perfectly happy with 1080 27" monitors. I'd much rather run higher in game settings and be comfortable at a higher frame rate. 60Hz is still a little jerky sometimes IMO so I'm thinking that something around 100Hz + would be good for me. That puts your 90Hz in the same ball park. But turning in game settings down to accomodate a higher pixel count is lower down my list of priorities.
So, I appreciate that once you've run at 1440p you wouldn't wanna go back to 1080p, but for me making that move before I have a card to run it, would mean spending money and putting myself straight back to a place where I'm always wanting a bit more performance that is currently unattainable for me.

So, I appreciate that once you've run at 1440p you wouldn't wanna go back to 1080p, but for me making that move before I have a card to run it, would mean spending money and putting myself straight back to a place where I'm always wanting a bit more performance that is currently unattainable for me.

You're absolutely on-the-money! The issue has tradeoffs, confused by how much AA is required to get an acceptable image for yourself at the various screen resolutions and how much FOV you desire. 1080p on a 27" monitor has a nice image with the AA turned all the way up, but once you go above 27" because you want more FOV, then 1440p or 4k are highly desireable.

I can say that 4k on 43" monitor(s) needs at least some AA... spread that across triple monitors and it's a bit taxing for my 3090. I'd like to go one more level of AA, but not possible without going under 60 fps too often. Whether 1440p in the same situation with full AA will run as fast, I can't say.

Great discution !
As you said, some will be OK with 1080p resolution screen but will not sacrifice image quality or the fps but others (like me, for the moment (because I'm still trying to find the right resolution for me)), will be unhappy with the 1080p at little distance and will choose to reduce the image quality and/or the fps to take the best out of their current GPU.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%