Money, Money, Money, Its a Rich Mans World

I was watching on UTUBE a short video about NASCAR and how it will be dead as drivers need money from sponsors but its hard to get a good return on investment in these economic time's. Opening the door to drivers associated with company's, like the family business who can fund themselves. Not always the most talented on the racetrack but money is what the teams need to survive.
I had to ask is this where F1 is going. Are the talented few being locked out because they cant find backing to go racing. Is the best driver out living on the poor side of town unable to go racing and get recognized, Probably so.

As the song goes Money, Money, Its a Rich Man's world

Hasn't that always been the case? Money talks most of the times. Although the real top talents will find their way into F1 there are always the less talented occupying seats with a nice pack of dollars.

I recall reading in my Mag F1 Racing that Irish driver Eddie Irvine was reluctant to go to F1. Turns out he was racing in Japan. I don't know about now but back then drivers where in demand and the team provided the money and backing. The strange thing was he made more money racing in Japan than with his 1st F1 team Jordan. Who where relatively new to F1.
The teams should deal with sponsors and finance and not expect the drivers to do the go fund me projects. The drivers job is to drive the car and talk to the medea. You need more of a executive figure like the key personnel to deal with the money. Managing money for a team is hard work and the drivers may not have the skills to do it properly. This is why businesses have accountants.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%