RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

e83foy.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CART
Mod: Cart Factor v1.0 click here to download
Track: Orchard Lake Speedway (default)
Event start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (4 laps)
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 60 minutes
Fuel use: 1x
Tire use: 1x
Traction Control: not allowed
ABS: not allowed
Time acceleration: 1x
Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
note 2: Don't forget to buy your (super)speedway upgrades as this is oval time!!

STARTING PROCEDURE:
This race will be a manual formation lap with a rolling start. This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 100 km/h (60mph) and drives in this pace towards the last corner.
All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. When you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there.
When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before start/finish.

1. Ingemar Petersson
  2. Bennie Holloway
  3. Marco Cortesi
  4. Roy Stevens
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver

Andriy, you don't mind me getting "close" as I try to get by, do you?
I don't mind. Why would I? Slight unintentional contact is acceptable.

Of course you must expect me to break before turns :) and must keep enough distance so you can steer and overtake me if I break prematurely. When exiting turns and on straights you can go bumper-to-bumper, but as we approaching a turn some safety space must be created. I also shift half-lane as I approach another player, so I can easily avoid contact if he breaks.

Safe overtaking is a black art for me, probably we must ask someone to teach us. :) I mostly overtake when people go off track, or when they exit from a turn with a wrong acceleration point. Most time when I catch up someone, I just keep driving closely to put psychological pressure on him and wait until he makes a mistake.

• Frank Herfjord

I apologise for having to quit during qualifying. I just wasn't able to get the car safely around the track using my new set of pedals.

... I must say i didn't drove any lap on it yet. Rfactor got piority now and didn't got really the time to drive GTR...

Ivo this isn’t a direct answer to you personally, but I do think you deserve this satisfaction too…

With my earlier commitment with RDSTL & RDFOC, with sorry, the rFactor Le Mans Series are a no-go zone for now.

I've been "spoiled" by Evo's FFB so I just can't adapt sufficiently quickly to rFactor's one (needed if I'm going to jump from Evo RDFOC to Le Mans and back to Evo RDSTL).
Yes I tried all kind of G25 ini settings, I just don't like the lack of "real" feeling from the wheel, I tried the "no dead zone" settings (the biggest problem to me, it’s the middle dead zone), a mix of it... everything advised in the MOD itself, the FFB just feels to me too artificial in rFactor (yes the MOD improved that) but it just feels I’m driving a pallet truck.

Notice that as I simdrive with all visual effects and all FFB effects in Evo, the things become more difficult than for instances someone using low strength or reduced FFB effects in Evo. If I went to my old simdriving days with a flight yoke, I'm sure the transition would be much quicker.

Saying all this, obviously I will keep any eye in the Le Mans series... in RL I do follow the series. For instances, like many I do know the Porsche RS Spyder would have won Le Mans 09 if it wasn’t so crippled by the regulations put in place for the Peugeots to win and as such I was eager to sim-drive it in this MOD. Also I do follow GT related races (FIA GTs will go world championship stats in 2010) so I like anything GT related as this MOD. But all that as to wait for the time being… Perhaps when both RDFOC/RDSTL become more of a routine, I will give it another try at rFactor and this excellent MOD.

Until then my "endurance need” will be fulfilled in part with RDFOC (90 mins races) and a sporadic endurance race at another club (evo) for relaxation :wink2:

But let’s not go more OT here... I would prefer anyone wanting to continue this conversation to PM me.

Back to the event, unlike previews events C6R, as typed before in this topic I will be taking the Viper… My setups aren’t usually to the liking of many, but early Saturday I will upload my final setup to the game setup server.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just minidumped on the grid for Race 2!! :meltingiwantokillsomethingrawr:

Anyhoo:

Race 1: Qualied 4th, finished 5th.. I forgot to put it in gear for the start so while half the field passed me i was still spinning my wheels in rage :weep: Was playing catch up most of the race.. good racing guys anyway :good:

Thanks Bram for organizing & RD!

Cya next time :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%