RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Dennis Phelan
  3. Andriy Melnikov
  4. Stefan Beemsterboer
  5. Péter Bártfai -SKIN-
  6. Michiel Vandepoel
  7. Glenn Petersen
  8. Marius Neverauskas
  9. Richard Pijlman
  10. Tyler Scurlock
  11. Kennett Ylitalo -SKIN-
  12. Bob Miley
  13. Robert Stork
  14. Michal Szabo
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Nice races, but I made a big mistake during race 1 in first turn.

Race 1
I want to apologize to Dario Jagar, sorry, really sorry...I don't know exactly why, but I totaly missed the brake point for the first turn, and there you know...again really sorry, I try to wait for you after that, but at that time I don't know, what exactly happend...sorry :shame:
After that, I didn't drive very well, because mainly I think about what happend in first turn...

Race 2
Different story, finaly clean and nice start, couple of nice overtakes and exciting close racing...and of course drifting - Fantastic racing :)

Overall, track was nice and car was fantastic

Thanks all for the races, thank you Yves and RD :good:

From my first practice to the last lap of the race I could never get below a 1:30.7!
I have the same problem. My PB is 1:30.326, so I was happy when qualified at 1:30.4xx.

Race 1.

After green flag, Richard Pijlman ahead of me attempted to change lane, and that slowed him down. I pressed break, and was happy because I didn't hit him, and because Freddie Bessems didn't hit me from behind either despite I started slowly.

Stefan Beemsterboer started normally, but eventually stuck (lagged) on the straight before T1 and we all drove through him.

Then Dennis Phelan starts Turn 1 earlier (or just oversteers in an attempt to accelerate at such strange place?) and goes off-track. When he recovers, he hits Richard Pijlman. Freddie Bessem breaks but hits Richard. Then I fail to break too, hit Freddie and drive on one rear right wheel. Freddie goes on two wheels but we both recover without spinning or going off-track. Then I follow Freddie and Michael Szabo for a lap. Eventually Michael overtakes Freddie, and I make a few mistakes, so we all separate. But then Freddie goes off-track and I overtake him.

He catches me up on Lap 5. I seem to break prematurely, and he hits me lightly from behind. So I lose control and 2 my wheels go offtrack. He slows down so I can recover, and we go closely, but he eventually overtakes. Then I follow him closely for a couple of laps in a hope he would make a mistake. But he doesn't, so I fall into despair and fail to break properly for a turn in attempt to overtake him. So I and hit him so he goes off-track, but happily doesn't hit any walls or trees. I wait for him, and we continue.

Eventually he makes the mistake I waited by driving slightly onto grass, and I get very close. Then we drive very closely for some turns, and I eventually on Lap 9 I overtake him on a straight. It's 190 kph and 150 metres till the turn, so I fail to break, drive into wall and the rest of Race 1 I drive on my own.

This won't work you know! I'm a slow sim racer and that's all there is to it. Making me drive cars[Cat 320 or any other Cat] that I'm no good in, again and again, isn't going to make me better.

I probably won't even have fun.

It's not even a, "Please don't throw me in the briar patch" thing.

Sob:crying:

sign me up

Dennis i will be more then happy to help you improve, just let me know when you want to practice and i'll set a server up. i'm not a bad sim racer and i still ask for help once in a while and thats how i improve so don't give up i know you can improve and have fun with them :smile-big:

Edit: and thats goes for everybody that want to learn and improve their skill

This won't work you know! I'm a slow sim racer and that's all there is to it. Making me drive cars[Cat 320 or any other Cat] that I'm no good in, again and again, isn't going to make me better.

It's not even a, "Please don't throw me in the briar patch" thing.

Sob:crying:

sign me up

I'm a slow sim racer and that's all there is to it. Making me drive cars[Cat 320 or any other Cat] that I'm no good in, again and again, isn't going to make me better.

Hey, it's me who is the slowest :fwd: driver out here. So you and me can compete :fencing: and have fun :tea:

If oversteering during acceleration is a problem for you, you can decrease differential lock in car setup. Decreasing front camber and increasing front springs will help against oversteering too.

Of course these measures will reduce acceleration and frontal grip respectively, so you must change them back gradually as you master the art of RWD.

Yves - sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline