RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

this is my new favourite thread
eusadancei.gif

thanks to all that join the event and to the guy's of Project D to join us, always nice to race with you guy's :handshake:

Qualy: took P1 with what i think was a perfect lap just .080 from Gaetan.

Race 1: after doing some starting test i decided to be careful and not to push to hard off the grid and i still made it P1 at T1. the first few laps went well and i was able to pull a little gap but i made a mistake at the second chicane putting me down to third place. i've put my head down and start chasing Gaetan and Gary who were fighting hard, i catched them only to make the same mistake again at the second chicane. i was able to catch Gaetan and pass him and start chasing Gary but i ran out of laps and finished second.

Race 2: starting 7th i was careful not to hit anybody but after T1 i started to push and make my way up with some good battle in the way. after a few laps i was in the lead but Gary was pushing hard and catching me thats when the epic battle started. on the straight after T1 he was drafting behind me and passed me but i drafted back and made a daring pass under braking at the chicane ( very clean mate :good: ) build a small gap but after a few laps Gary started to close on me again ( i guess he was waiting for a mistake from my part ) and we started to fight again. on the last lap he was able to pass me but i was right on his tail and fighting back for the remaining of the lap ( awesome battle man :bang:). at the checkered flag i was second again.

Really enjoyed tonights raceing :good:

It has been too long since a races the big cats and even longer since i visited what many consider to be the best layout of this great track. Race one was a bit of a learning curve and i nearly wiped out a few as the early braking caught me out so i had to go grass tracking to avoid taking someone out :struggle: Then i few laps later i lost it under braking and my spinning car collected Peter on the way (sorry m8). So in the end i was very happy to finish 8th

Race 2 i had a great little scrap with Gaetan who was faster so i had to drive with one eye on my mirror all the time and take some defensive lines around the track and try and make him take the line i wanted him to take and it worked for a few laps until he pounced on a mistake i made in the last couple of corners as i damaged my car and after that he pulled away no problem so the battle was over and i had to settle for 6th place but it was great while it lasted.

Thnx all for a greats nights racing and thnx Yves for a great car/track combo :good:

I seemed to make a funky highspeed straight gearing Cat that helped me stay in touch with the front 2 this payed off quite early when i was in the right place at the right time to steal the lead after their mistakes,the way Yves could reel in the gap was scary!!,max concentration to the finish.
Race 2 is always more pressure but all round T1 nice and safe with all around me being sensible :good:,i fell foul of all the differing braking points at the first chicane and ended up knocking the back of Dennis,who had ofcourse judged it all correctly...sorry again man :(,thankfully not much at all lost as we both ended up scrabbling over the chicane runoff bit and i followed in behind and we were on our way still with most of the leading pack in sight,Dennis was going good and i had to work up a pass over a few turns and finally made a proper one.
It soon shook down to a big long fight between me and Yves that was a pleasure to be part of,the last lap was a classic m8,proper racing :good: :).
Many thanks all there tonight making a nice healthy sized grid again for the Monday Cats Club! :good:.
Thanks to Yves and RD.

Love this track, this sim version might be the nicest to drive

I didn't find a pace in qualifying and ended up with only slow laps to place me on the last row of the grid.

R1 I got caught out by the early barakeing at the first chicane also and bumped Piotrek off. Siilly me, I sat stopped in the middle of the track so that Freddie could come up and hit me. Sorry about that inciident guys. Anyhow, out of the chicane in last place. I passed Fred and Piotrek on lap two, the rest of the race was watching cars slip off the track throughout the rest of the race.

R2 Gulp! Front row. After the lights went out everything got easy, the fast guys all got ahead by the first chicane and I started a progression to the rear. As the race progresssed I moved back up a bit.

Certainly a good bunch of races.

quick favour to ask. would one of the front runners be kind enough to send or post a copy of there setup so i can compare it to mine and maybe get some pointers from it where my setups gone wrong.

The first thing i like to do when i join an event is grab a Yves setup,but online files has been jacked the last couple of nights so tonight was a very quickly knocked up simple tweak,mainly longer gearing and diff settings along with slightly softer front ARB and slightly stiffer rear ARB,the latter should help with your understeer issues combined with brake bias.

Attachments

• CSR320-test.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years