RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

SignMeUpGuy.jpg

At last the Porsche Super Cup cars were at a time and day that I could drive:bulgy-eyes:.

I've been wanting to try these cars at a club race since they were released as they are so much fun to drive.

Qual: P2 a couple of little tweeks to my setup and managed to squeeze Rob out of 2nd on the Grid, but Yves was very quick.

Race 1: P3 Got away well and managed to squeeze past Yves into 1st. I knew Yves would want the place back and it didn't take him long to get back past. I was then trying to stay with him whilst Rob was paying close attention to my bumper. I was not getting away and if anything holding Rob up at the time, but then unfortunately I saw Rob's car sideways and I got some breathing space. Couple more laps down and Yves was recovering from an excursion at T4 and I went past into P1. Once again Yves was soon on my rear and I braked for T4 and lost track of which gear I was in and I lost the rear end and spun clipping Yves and also getting in Mark's way as he came around the corner. I closed on Mark after he'd had a problem of some sort and I hoped to pressure him a bit only to cock up T4 again, this time by entering the corner to fast. Manuel also passed me for 3rd, but I got back past as he ran wide. Settled for 3rd as the car was starting to feel a little loose and I didn't want to push my luck any further.

Race 2: P1:good:. Great start from P6 and got close to the pit wall to get by the 2 cars infront. Came out of T2 in 3rd or 4th. Coming up to the last turn B4 the long run down to the Start Finish stretch I saw a car coming across the grass and I tried to avoid contact. Though we did collide it was fairly minor and all I really lost was some of my momentum onto the long drag to T1. I was on the back of Manuel who was defending his position from another car and I saw a gap inside the pair of them going into T1 and I squeezed between the wall and Manuel and managed to nip past both of them. Had to make a couple of passes to close on Kennett in P1. Going down into T4 I out braked Kennett (and almost myself) to take P1. I think Kennett also span or ran wide as he was not visible in my mirror. I had hoped to run the laps down to the finish, but I did manage to give myself some extra drama. Once again going into T4 I completely missed my braking point and I was in two minds to either turn in or run onto the runoff. Instead I just lost the rear end trying to turn in and spun onto the grass on the left. I saw Sean was coming upto the turn and I spun the car back round to rejoin only to see Sean spinning off on the outside of the turn. I thought to myself "phew that was a bit of luck" and got my head down and paid particular attention to T4 for the remaining laps to finish P1 and take overall first:).

Had great fun again here at Interlagos after a good run in the Camero's last time. Think this track likes me:good:.

Great competitive racing from everyone out there last night. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly competition in this one and look forward to doing it again next week.

Thanks RD and Yves for setting up and to you guys for making it such a fun meeting:good:.

Qual: I didnt get to qualify, I barely made it home in time with 2 mins left in qualifying.

Race 1: Started third from last but made up a few places on the start only to run in to that whole mess in T1. Manage to end up in 7th place.

Race 2: Got a bad start and lost a few spots. Got into it with Mark in T1, sorry about that mark I thought I gave you enough room but maybe not? Then in T4 was sent spinning by someone hitting me from behind. Ended up in 4th I think.

Boy these cars can take a beating. I really enjoyed these cars and hope I can make the next event if there is one. Thanks Yves and RD.
NP, as I didn't even know we touched. I thought I lost it all on my own.
:)

• Andrew Evans

bjorn, i've always respected you as a serious internet racer and therefore i can only hope to emulate your greatness by going for it HARDSTYLE from the moment i get in from work.... normally, i give it a good go anyways... but this week you've inspired me to really put the effort in...

i hope i don't mess up my rating and miss out on my C licence...

• Andrew Evans

yea man... i've been practicing hard and soon i might be allowed to drive the silverado!... unless, of course, i already can - i don't really know what i'm doing.... but it feels good to spend the money anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%