RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Philip, i'm still recovering.

indeed you normally beiing much faster. and i thought you must be in love with my Spyker so many times you were kissing the butt of it. ;) :)

2nd race the start wasn't perfect maybe, but i think there was plenty of room for everybody to race. then a couple of laps lot of traffic jams.
went on for place 8 and after the sending of could manage to stay in position 11. (so im still pretty pleased with this result on brands hatch)

Anyway both races where much fun. 2nd better with lot of GT pro behind us in the beginning.

No probs with connection here chaps.

Well what a nights racing. That was brilliant..:woop::woop:

Race one had a great start and managed to take some spots. Follow some GT1's and missed my braking point and duly went off. Lost some places but managed to overtake a few cars. Then had some fun with Philip untill he went off after passing me, I made a mistake first to let him by. Managed to finish 8th.. :woot2:

Now race 2, I'm on pole due to reverse grid and thinking this is going to get hairy very soon after the lights go out. Was I wrong, No. Made a great start and got half way round the lap before getting a little tap from someone but no harm done there. As the GT1's made there moves I tried to settle down into a rhythm, all going well until I meet Mr Buxton spinging in front of me at dingle dell. Managed to stop car before hitting him and was then duly hit from behind, insurance details needed please. Then had to get back to pits for repairs and ran a lonely race at the back.

edit: For Stefan B, sorry for the collision when getting back on track. Now watched the replay and it appears you lost your front spliter. So sorry for this;;;:parrot::parrot:

Thanks for a grt nights racing chaps, very enjoyable. :thanks:

Thanks to Mr B for putting on the event and RD for making it possible. :thanks:

Hope to see u all again next week.

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. Thanks to all for the great racing and Buxton for setting it up.

Race 1 (6th - class win)

Due to a mistake in T1 during Qual I started way down in 14th. Got a good start though and instantly made up a place prior to entering T1. Thanks to a number of incidents on track, I soon found myself behind Lee D and the race was on. The gap was a fairly consistent in the .5 to 1 second range. I applied as much pressure as I could and after a few laps Lee made a mistake and managed to slip through. At this point I put the pedal to the metal and pushed as hard as I could. Made a few small mistakes, but the gap again seemed to be a fairly consistent .5 to 1 second between us. I was really hoping this battle would go to the line, but unfortunately Lee got disconnected. The rest of the race was fairly lonely and I finished 6th overall, giving me the class win in GT-Sport.

Race 2 (6th - class win)

I started race 2 in 4th with all of the GT-Pro cars close behind. I knew this would result in a number of incidents as people were eager to get through. I did the best I could to stay out of every ones way and avoided crashes as they were happening around me. Some of the passes done on me by the Pro guys weren't so cool as they were done with force and could have ended badly for both parties. Once things settled down a bit I once again had the class lead, this time with a GT2 Corvette trying to chase me down. He stayed close for a few laps and eventually I saw him run off track in the rear view mirror. From then on it was a fairly lonely race. I made my only real mistake on of this event on the second to last lap as I broke concentration for a minute resulting in me missing my braking point and running of track. While I did strike the wall, I was lucky to not do any real damage. I tried to get back on track as fast as possible as I watched the gap between me and Buxton drop from roughly 10 seconds down to about a second quickly. He passed me down the front straight and I really thought I would was going to finish in 7th, but in the second to last corner he spun and slipped through to take 6th and another class win. :)

Overall, this was a very good event for me. Still not the biggest fan of the Brands though, although todays results do make me like it a little more. :p

Hope to do this again soon.

Ok i'll post up a teaser for you guys.

Ran a quick test and squeezed out a 36.3. on full race fuel

I have at least 2 more se4conds peer lap in the trunk somewhere......

The track is BRILLIANT for these cars! Cannot wait to race to,orrow night!

GOing to be a great event so sign up and get out here to,morrow!!!!!!!

Proper job to freddie besems on the start of race2

heres to you

TE17B_B_WellDoneBear.jpg

on my replay, i can see a bmw z4, maybe you can check your replay and see whats happening.

otherwise fill in a report. thx.

and yes indeed you had a very quick start.

These GT nights are great, every race I have taken part has been an eventful enjoyable race, I think the smaller tighter tracks are much better than the bigger faster ones, np with the contact Nicolas thanks for waiting and thanks Mr B for setting it up.

First Evo event with new beloved G25 :D.

A couple of lovely clutch pedal starts and i even moved my left foot back to the brake pedal for T1 both times!! :D,i also think thats the first ever races ive done at Brands in any cars with zero contact,with mixed class GT's and a full grid i expected more mayhem,lovely driving from anything i was ever near to :good:.
I mainly found myself in a bit of a no-mans-land for big chunks of both races with the odd blast past by a recovering Pro or Sport,some nice chuckles late on with the Buxters playing with my emotions :p.

Glad to finally make a notorious Buxto GT night,looking forward to another! :good:.

Thanks to D. Buxton and RD :good:.

Philip, i'm still recovering.

indeed you normally beiing much faster. and i thought you must be in love with my Spyker so many times you were kissing the butt of it. ;) :)

:rofl:

Yes I did rub it up a few times. I didn't realise how nice the Spyker sounds. It has nice wheels too:).

Thanks for being a good sport though mate:good:. I promise next time we race I'll be a little more respectful of you car and your space:shame:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back