RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Kyle Evers

Sorry I couldn't make it guys! I was at my friend's house all weekend. As much as I love sim-racing, spending time with my friends is more valuable.

Great fun, looking forward to next time. Really fun mod, too little of practise though...
Don't know who I collided with, sorry about that hope you could continue, it happend so fast and I tried to pass in front, really poor lastminute-decission, got a flat tire limping back to pit.

Great race even after I had an awful start. Cars all over the place I panicked. Qualied 6th, was upto 4th by turn 4. Then was somewhere in 16-17th. Kept the car on the track to eventually finish 7th. This mod is fantastic. The sound of the cars especially the Merc is the best I have heard. Great track choice. Aplogies for the knockouts.

Cheers Eric and RD and all who joined.

Well done Cristian, I thought those wheel nuts I removed would have done something.

Abdul

Well..that race lasted long...not even 2 of the 30 laps completed. Side by side with Abdul i think it was, we touched, he started to spin, i eased off, and someone hit me, sending me skywards, over the fence and into a pit of oblivion, falling at 300mph into blackness. Couldnt remember the car reset button so had to retire :(.

Really sorry Nick, that was me. I was sneaking up the inside as you and Abdul went slightly wide then Abdul spun and nudge you into me, it was the slightest of touches on your rear then you went skyward. I only know this from watching the replay, in the race we didn`t seem to touch, but when you went flying I wasn`t sure so I waited till I was half a lap down but you were nowhere to be seen.

Thanks for setting this up and all your help to get it working Eric.

It's official. I freakin' :love: LOVE :love: this mod. Absolutely brilliant Gunthar!

Qual: One of my best ever qualed 7 of 19 and even that was .5 sec slower than I ran in practice.

Race: For a change I didn;t choke at the start. After T2 I was still 7th. Astonishing. Picked up a few places due to accidents and settled in 5th running about 3-4 seconds behind Steve Emmons. I had a late pit strategy that was working to perfection. Steve pited and I made up the time with 3 of my fastest laps. I pitted at lap 19 and it looked like I would come out ahead of Steve when disaster struck.

I accidently hit the limiter button and it turned off. My speed shot up and bam stop and go :crying:. Didn't panic and served the stop & go and settled in 5th place. Bob Miley made a hard charge in the last lap and despite my previous history of choking, I held a defensive line and it was the Bob M that made the mistake. Sorry to take a defensive line against another Killer B Bob, but I simply had to protect my best finish ever in an RD event: 5th place:party2::party2::victory::victory:

Thank you for a brilliant mod Gunthar and Eric for organizing such a wonderful event.!!!!

Party time!!!!:party2::party2::party2:

Very nice race and I ve take pleasure on this track with this mod

Sorry Abdul at the first lap for the hit and Bob, my apologies

Bad start for me and my front tyre left very used after 10 lap , I m pitting after 15 lap but bad strategy , I ve fuel tank and I ve lost many times for my second run

Thanks eric for this event and Ghunter for this mod :good:

Joao what tools can we use for engine health, I would be interested in trying those
For in game infos on engine health, I think there is only 2 options: XD (the one João mentioned) and MotecAdd DX. They both are really good.

MotecAdd DX has more options and is constantly developed by Alekhine. You need to donate 5 euro to use it, but you can use all the MotecAdd versions for Evo and rFactor (in game verions, dual view version and network version).
XD has fewer options, but almost everyone that played GTR2 knows it, because it's the same software. It's free.

You choose! :rotfl:

PS: Motec I2 Pro for setups is a must have, but you need to go back to the garage to open the log file in Motec!!!! :)

Very fun mod and fun race. With the fixed gearing, the car setup and your driving skills really get tested. My choking skills were displayed with me losing most places by gunning it too hard and spinning in the corners.
Abdul, thanks for waiting for me:) I'm not sure why you waited again on the straight.
Thanks for setting this up Eric and thanks RD!

Very fun mod and fun race. With the fixed gearing, the car setup and your driving skills really get tested. My choking skills were displayed with me losing most places by gunning it too hard and spinning in the corners.
Abdul, thanks for waiting for me:) I'm not sure why you waited again on the straight.
Thanks for setting this up Eric and thanks RD!

You went wide avoiding me 2 corners before the straight. I felt it was my fault squeezing you wide until you went on the gravel.

Fernando and Steve sorry if i taped you but on my screen i didn't touch you at all.
Other cars were lagging for me but Fernando and Steve you two were lagging really badly.
I decided to leave the race in the end as i didn't want to ruin anyody elses race.

I hope for some more DTM Races :good:

No worries Ben.:) I saw you catching me up and was going to make sure you were able to pass me on the straight so I was kind of wondering if that was the problem. I didn't have any damage and was able able to continue on to the end. I saw some lagging, but it seemed intermittent...

I'm really liking this mod a lot and hope we do some more races with it.:) Had some initial problems getting online due to installation issues, but finally was able to get things sorted out. Many thanks to Gunthar for a great effort.:thumb:

Qualified P9 and finished P4 which is my best result to date. I atually finished!:) I used a 1 pit stop strategy, but it would have been interesting to have tried it with no stops. Had some problems getting into a rhythm as compared to practice, but started doing better towards the end. Think I'm tensing up during the race. Something to work on I guess...

Also had one of those famous gtre graphic gliches where the game just freezes and you have no idea where you are. Screen went black. I just waited it out and it unfroze (thawed?), but I ended up in the gravel losing about 20 seconds to whoever it was I was chasing.Was able to keep going though, but the graphics or frame rates were kind of glitchy after that. Made it harder to drive after that...

Thanks to John Sydenstricker for very giving me good room to pass. I was worried about Bob Luneski behind me. The gap would vary between 7-9 seconds and one little mistake and the place would have been his.

Great mod and loved the track. Did I say let's do more DTM?:)

I would also be interested in trying out the V8 supercars.
Hint, hint...:) Didn't realize until just the other day that it was available for gtre. Loved it in rFactor.

Thanks to Eric for organizing things.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years