RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Le mans indeed!!!! But, please, Eric, consider a little less time... :D
Although I loved the fact that you can think about getting some positions like 5 or 6 times during the race...

Btw, Chris, what happened with your pit stops? Were you waiting until the game started your car back or you started by yourself. You were losing some important ground in the pits. But even with that time loss in the pits, I couldn't pass you...

• Bert Van Waes

Great report Bert!

Tx mate!:)

I'm trying to do it always with the pics now, I just use some stuff in Photoshop so the pics have some more action in them. Just some of the stuff that the graphics engine of Simbin is missing imo. And some other general foto touch ups wich are usable on screencaptures too.

Later

Just a short review of a frustrating Mini Friday Debut for me.

Love this track. Won here in the 87's in March so felt confident of having a decent race.

Found Mini's to be quite difficult round here especially the fast corners like T1. Although I felt they were very good over the curbs which I thought I'd heard others concerns about.

Qualified 9th so pleased with that.

Made a good start and got alongside someone, but got squeezed towards the wall and just managed to get out before contact with both the other car and the wall. This meant I lost a lot of speed and dropped several places. But my race turned worse coming into T1 where I got a massive shove from behind. Not sure who as I've not watched the replay, but I know I was running the same speed into the corner as the cars directly infront! I'm not that annoyed about that as accidents happen, just frustrated as that was the start of a very bad first lap. Rejoined 2nd to last, but started picking cars off quickly only to have to take to the grass to avoid a collision with a car that had been spun out only just missing them. Then again in the downhill section towards the final complex I had to run wide and then spun to avoid a scattering of cars. Someone waited for me (thank you) though they didn't need to as they weren't the reason I went off, but I appreciate the sportsmanship.

So a dreadful first lap:dont-know:

Pushed hard and made my own silly mistake which resulted in a puncture a couple of laps later. Had to pit and made sure I didn't take fuel as I was going to continue with my planned stratergy. Then managed to start closing on the guys ahead over the next 20 mins and started making my way up the positions though I was best part of a lap behind. Then I came in for my planned stop by now running 8th (I think). Hit enter to confirm then realised that the fuel was still cancelled from my early stop (NOOooo!!!) So had to pit the next lap as I only had a litre left!! Pretty much screwed any chance of a good finish. Plodded on and got stuck behind one of the cars on the lead lap for several laps whilst my nearest rival was just ahead and couldn't risk making a pass and ruining their race.

So not good really, but planned to go the distance for the experience as I hope to be entering more of the Mini Friday events:)

Thanks all for the eventful race and look forward to hopefully racing next Friday:wink2:.

Yes, Chris, you can. When I discovered this sometime ago, I understood why I was always the slowest in the pits. :D

Watch this. When you're fueling in pits, your car engine stops. At this point it's impossible to start your engine. But when they start to change the tyres, you can start your engine, so you can drive out at the moment they put you in the ground.

For this you need to map 2 functions. Ignition and starter. During the tyres you press the ignition button you pressed first, than the start button. Your engine will start and you're ok to go, and like 3 or 4 secs faster. :D

But about me being quicker, you're so nice!!!! :D We were in the same pace, maybe I was .1 sec faster sometimes, but I doubt it, because you were so much more regular. Congrats for that!!!! Congrats for the win btw. Nice driving with you. :)

• Matt Crouch

I don't have starter mapped, I just do ignition, clutch down, first gear and it starts. Just make sure you do it before it happens automatically or you turn your engine off instead of on :heh:

Just had some practice and a race. offline ofcourse.

timing i could set was 1.55:699. Anyway that was enough for 1st offline place.

Its to bad that online racing times are so much faster, and then i start from behind.

Also could manage a topspeed off 235 km/h but then you have to brake so hard that it isnt easy to get the 2 corners after the oval.

i havent used any setup yet. Need some larger brakes i think, carbon would be nice.:wink2:

• Theo Loonstra

Sign me up please.
Car: Seat Leon

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1115

Skin link above
theoleon_j61.jpg

Yes, Chris, you can. When I discovered this sometime ago, I understood why I was always the slowest in the pits. :D

Watch this. When you're fueling in pits, your car engine stops. At this point it's impossible to start your engine. But when they start to change the tyres, you can start your engine, so you can drive out at the moment they put you in the ground.

For this you need to map 2 functions. Ignition and starter. During the tyres you press the ignition button you pressed first, than the start button. Your engine will start and you're ok to go, and like 3 or 4 secs faster. :D

But about me being quicker, you're so nice!!!! :D We were in the same pace, maybe I was .1 sec faster sometimes, but I doubt it, because you were so much more regular. Congrats for that!!!! Congrats for the win btw. Nice driving with you. :)

Thanks for the tip Aritan.

Being honest, at the start of the race my objective was just to try and keep up the pace with you, I know you are faster because I have seen in the RDTCC. It was a nice surprise to find me in front of you, after that I just concentrated on consistent laps all the way through.

I must be more careful at the start, bad driving in Turn 1,2,3 is costing me a LOT of time and also slowing others down.

I don't have starter mapped, I just do ignition, clutch down, first gear and it starts. Just make sure you do it before it happens automatically or you turn your engine off instead of on :heh:
Interesting, Matt. The way I told Chris is the right way to do it, but if this way you said works also, it's even better, because we only need to map 1 button!!!! :D

Thanks for the tip Aritan.

Being honest, at the start of the race my objective was just to try and keep up the pace with you, I know you are faster because I have seen in the RDTCC. It was a nice surprise to find me in front of you, after that I just concentrated on consistent laps all the way through.

I must be more careful at the start, bad driving in Turn 1,2,3 is costing me a LOT of time and also slowing others down.
Np, Chris. Test Matt's tip too, because it seems to be even better. :)

About the other thing, don't so harsh on yourself. You're a very nice driver. Very competitive, really!!!! That episode on RDTCC it's part of the learning process. I bet you're more carefull now and you're only get better and better. I can tell you for my experience. I was a messa at the starts. Now, especially with the GT's, I have a very strong start, even better then some Alien's, but only the start :rotfl:. Now I'm so carefull at the first turns that sometimes I even prefer to lose some positions in the begining to be safe. It's better for the race, for tha fun and for everyone!!!

See you later in RDTCC. :wink2:

I was just driving it. And my motorhealth was after one lap at 60% so it needs some finetuning:rotfl:. But a great track it is.
Yup, this track seems to be very hard on engine health, no thanks to long straights. The twisty sections of the track are a lot of fun, but I can see the long straight getting to be very boring over the course of a long endurance race.

Just did a couple of laps using my setup from Paul Ricard in the M3 and got a 3:52.9 on my 3rd and final lap. :) I would expect the pace in the GTS class to be right around 3:50, give or take.

Yup, this track seems to be very hard on engine health, no thanks to long straights. The twisty sections of the track are a lot of fun, but I can see the long straight getting to be very boring over the course of a long endurance race.

Just did a couple of laps using my setup from Paul Ricard in the M3 and got a 3:52.9 on my 3rd and final lap. :) I would expect the pace in the GTS class to be right around 3:50, give or take.

Maybe the 77 version is the better option then?

I didn't liked Dubai. Very tight and long corners i think that would be a big problem with backmarkers. I tried Singapore the other day and i liked it. Long track its a street track but there is alot of room and there are a couple of little straights. But i think we have a lot of time to think for the next event ( if there is a next event. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%