RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm starting to love these RDVLN events!!!! What a great event!!!

Quali: 2nd
not great, but very good. 2nd. I dont think I could have beaten João. :)

Race1: 15th
Terrible race. Great start! Passed João and there I was, 1st place. Made a little mistake and now I was 8th. :( Continued to make mistakes here and there and spinned. Colin (was you, right?) hitted me when I was spinned and I lost everything, front and rear bump and the engine. :) Not your fault, mate, don't worry!!!

Race2: 2nd
Well, great result! After a good start (2 positions), I took advantage from the bumps ahead and were like 3rd in the end of the first lap. :) Then I passed Yves in the long straight and stayed in 2nd till the end. Great pace there, Gary!!! João was incredibly fast also.

Thx for the event, Yves! I hope I can be here next monday. :)

Cya.

Sorry for not updating my status last week but i should be able to race this week and im looking forward to it as it has been a few weeks for me since my last race. hopefully the break might have helped my driving skills.

970175RDVLN_Cat_flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDVLN
Class: Caterham CSR200
Track: Nordschleife
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes ( 19:00 GMT )
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 2 x 3 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Kennett Ylitalo
  3. John Sydenstricker
  4. Bob Miley
  5. Rob Goldthorpe
  6. Peter Duivelaar
  7. Stefan Beemsterboer
  8. Dennis Phelan
  9. Freddie Besems
  10. Christophe Berton
  11. Philip Antonia
  12. Gary Lennon
  13. Neil Tennant
  14. Jan Wikström
  15. Yuri Braham
  16. Mtommi Tam
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Péter Bártfai
  19. Lewis Fergusson
  20. Tim Hogendoorn
  21. David Zafiu
  22. Steven Mussett
  23. Mark Birney
  24. Willem Fischer
  25. Tyler Scurlock

Sorry for not updating my status last week but i should be able to race this week and im looking forward to it as it has been a few weeks for me since my last race. hopefully the break might have helped my driving skills.

No worries Paul. We had 20 drivers last event which tied the record number of entries to a Friday event. If you are going to miss this even though make sure you update this time.

I have a feeling we will get over 20 entries for this upcoming event we have 13 entries and it is only MONDAY!.:honk::honk:

I expected a lot of these races since i had a full setup ready for Streiff. It didn't happen like i thought..

1st Race. Followed the pack with confidence. Then the first fast section begun. There is this turn which you normally can do flatout 5th gear. I learned now that following a car you don't have the same grip as usual. Understeered in to the grass, spun and front aero-package damaged. Lost a full 1 and ½ minutes with pitstop on that lap. My pace was otherwise decent, with out the mistake somewhere around midpack finish.

2nd Race. I looked at the replay and Peter went wide in the same corner i mistook in the 1st race. Just the same understeer but now it caused a chainreaction. I tried to miss the end-result of that carnage but i barely hit Dennis who was spinning out of control. A meager 20cm was all that took this time, just a tap but when your doing 220km/h there is no slight tap with a stationary object. It means "damage is not repairable".. I back and forth the replay, it was soo close.

To get this part correctly, you have to have slowmotion in your head: I see a huge cloud of smoke 200m in front of me, i drive flatout, people are right behind me, can't really brake so i ease off slightly. The smoke barrier comes closer finally blocking the view completely. Drove in to the smoke wall flatout and in a millisecond later the sky is blue, world becomes clear. The picture in front of you embeds in to your head and you pray that you live thru it to tell the tale to your grandchildren. Dennis's car was still moving sideways after his crash, it is blocking the right side off the track and slowly moving across the track to the left. Split second decision. If i try to swerve hard left i am gone, too much speed, have to steer away smoothly. BANG. The fronts touch, you spin and stop. Engine steams, everythings quiet. You don't even hear the roar of the cars who were behind you, lucky enough to escape that carnage, whiz by. Just sitting in the car afterwards and thinking what happened, remembering that life is sweet....

Okay, a bit prosaic, i admit... It was just like days-of-thunder, sh%t film but that part of it is great. Dive head first in to the war zone, don't see anything and suddenly you pass that great wall of smoke and the situation folds itself in front of you.. Wau..

I had installed the more realistic tire smoke textures and the crash was amazing. Those textures do block a lot more than the standard ones but i think the payoff is good.

I'm a permanent figure here if this becomes a monday night feature. I love green hell.. It so much more important to survive here when you know that it is a long way home.. it would be great to have to walk to paddocks after the crash..

Aritan if you want just add those lines in your ini and if you send me the psd file of your exterior windows i will make the necessary changes for them to show correctly in game so your skin will also be available for STCC BMW.

[BMW 320si E90 STCC]
body=name of the body file .dds
windows=name of the windows file.dds

Do you guys know if I can use my BMW WTCC skin in the BWM STCC?

Eric, I'm in btw. Let's race this one, what do you think? :)

Nice event guys, had lots of fun…

Although I do know the circuit very well, it had been a few months since I drove a GTClub class car on the Nord. As I think this is best class to learn the track (well balanced cars and not too difficult to master) I was tracking the event subscriptions for a few days just to see I might had a place if I got early home today.

Qualifying (1st)
Felt immediately at home once I hear the "scream" of the Z4 engine high reving, did a 08 which isn’t a bad time for a 2 lap setup at the Nordschleife with the Z4.
Race 1 (1st)
Not much to talk about, had pole but Aritan got the better of me when starting (I prefer to be 2nd at the Nord’s grid, inside line is safer).
When I was settling to 2nd and thinking where I was going to overtake my illustrious adversary (and his high top speed vehicle) he had a small distraction at the heavy braking Aremberg area.
From there since I had the event fastest pace was a bit of dull race… did a quick 2nd lap (09) just to make sure no one had any "ideas" :wink2: and took it to the finish. :fwd:
Race 2 (4th)
Now, this one was a very different “animal”, had lots of fun within the peloton and also did a few mistakes…

Did a so-so start from 8th, managed to climb one position and after an accident in front climbed 2 more positions. From here the things started to spice-up… :smile-big:
Péter (or me, but I think it was him) was lagging badly and his car jumped forward and backwards on the track so I had to do the all flugplatz area slowly and afraid of bumping into him.
Next since with all the hurry of arriving home and connecting to the server in time I forgot to restart my machine… the thing was since Saturday without a restart :neutral: I only noticed this in the end of the qualify when I started to observe little freezes on certain circuit areas (Aremberg, the bridge area...). In the first race it wasn’t important as I was 90% of the time alone, but in the second a few of these GPU mem freezes came in very inopportune times :(
Yet on the 1st lap, when I was 3rd, after one of those, I saw Philipe's Viper at Wehrseifen kind of going straight… right there I though, I bumped him, but wasn’t sure (I asked as soon as I could) continued (didn’t wait) but was a bit unsettled with the business (later Philipe confirmed I did touch him slightly and for it I’m very sorry).

Later at the karussell as I was distracted looking for him in the GC I went too much on top of the Yves DB9, had to brake and the car did what in an aircraft is called a yaw turn and bumped the wall and I had to let the full field go by including Philipe… so, as you can see, there is justice :D

All this might sound bad but actually it was quite fun, since from the back of the field I now had to do the best I could… it was fun to tackle with many of you guys (thanks), sorry to Ivo because of that small touch at Metzgesfeld but my Z4 understeer little too much for what I was expecting. Let him go by and return later to my charge forward that in reality could only reach 4th unless some of the front 3 guys had a problem.

With all the bumps, with it the car losing top speed on everyone of them, I only managed a race pace a little slower than in the first race (12-13) and settled for 4th on what was the most fun race of the evening for me.

Conratulation to Gary for his overall victory, and also grats to many of you who showed a grate pace but just didn’t had all the luck to your side.

Thanks everyone who participated as it was a very good event on one of my favorit circuts and a final thanks to RD and Yves for the server and organization.

PS- Some of you (me included) were talking about lap times around the Nord and wish car is faster doing it and so on…
The GTclub class is one of the most “unbalanced” car classes in evo, as some cars have clear advantage over others depending on the track type. Overall if we put into equation race duration (endurance) circuit type (slow, fast, tight…) the class is balanced (over a championship for instances). But here at the Nord (and other long straight tracks) on a sprint race there is a clear winner and it’s no secret that is the viper even if it gives less room for error (for instances ask Aritan at this event).A viper coupe can go around here doing about 55’s wish clearly puts him among the GTS class times as it gives about 30 km/h top speed more than the slowest (top speed) car in the class, the Vertigo (who turns the best in the class). A Z4 for instance can do 02 and can more or less regularly go into 05, a Vertigo has really to make up in the tight parts to be able to do a 09… all these times are qualifying lap times (short laps) not time-attack arcade mode….

Conclusion, in a race a GTClub viper is a real monster to contend with as for instance in the tight parts the vertigo is much faster but can’t easily overtake (the Nord has very few overtaking points and is narrow). On the overtaking areas, the big power hill for instances, the vertigo goes about 250km/h top and the viper goes 280+km/h… the vertigo doesn’t have a slight chance of doing a draft passage, so my final appreciation goes to all vertigo drivers today :wink2:
Sorry for the long post.

Conclusion, in a race a GTClub viper is a real monster to contend with as for instance in the tight parts the vertigo is much faster but can’t easily overtake (the Nord has very few overtaking points and is narrow). On the overtaking areas, the big power hill for instances, the vertigo goes about 250km/h top and the viper goes 280+km/h… the vertigo doesn’t have a slight chance of doing a draft passage, so my final appreciation goes to all vertigo drivers today :wink2:
Sorry for the long post.

No sorries, i finished last and look at my post.. :desire:

I really didn't know that the speed difference is so huge. No wonder guys were pulling away almost 7 secs in the last straight alone..

...To get this part correctly, you have to have slowmotion in your head: I see a huge cloud of smoke 200m in front of me, i drive flatout, people are right behind me, can't really brake so i ease off slightly. The smoke barrier comes closer ...

:sweat:
I remember well this action on the 2nd lap... I 'm a little embraced as I went through there flat out, there were people spinning to the right and people spinning to the left at about 200 km/h... in RL I overtook 3 people under yellow flag without even blinking, instant DQ :shame:

The truce is that I aimed to hit everyone one of you, kind of like a pinball, but as always happens when I aim, I failed :D

Very nice 2nd race :wink2:

Quali: 2nd
not great, but very good. 2nd. I dont think I could have beaten João...

Don't think Mr. Aritan, use your instinct, your place is behind me, always...:snail:

Speaking of it, what were you doing in front of me at the 1st race? And if I remember correctly you came a good 25 secs in front of me in the second... all violations of the above rule, won't easily forget :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back