RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Crouch

Had some lag issues which did cause / exacerbate a couple of incidents, will post some more feedback in the other forum though.

Race 1 - Got a pretty good 4th position in quali. Did a whole load of practice starts in warmup and beforehand, but I managed to mess up my start and swerve into the wall. Got going but tapped Daniel on the way into the hairpin (mostly my fault [sorry] but a bit down to warping), then got a hit from behind which pushed us both round :wink2:. Don't think I had any damage, carried on and came up behind Nuno. With the warping issues I pushed him off once when from my POV we didn't even touch :). In the next lap I was expecting him to slow down for the chicane, but lifted off over a kerb and spun it into a wall leaving my steering off by 45 degrees. Got that fixed (went fine) and raced on. Then a bit later I hit nuno again, but the fairly minor tap sent him spinning wildly off. Retired after that with damage when I nearly hit Tyler in P1.

Race 2 - I came from a much lower place up to 4th and then into 3rd. Wasn't so close to other people this race and didn't seem to have any warping as a result. Kept it in 3rd for most of the race despite spinning about 5 times in the second half as the tyres wore off. Ivo very nearly got past me after my final spin on the penultimate lap but I just got away in time.

Had no issues with the mod overall and was pretty fun to drive.

Very frustrating event. During practice, quali and warmup, I was doing fine. I felt very concentrated. Lost FFB on race 1, will be looking into it. I just feel like driving for now, very diapointing as I felt I could manage good results. Enough for now, I'm out to break bricks to cool down.:damnit:

This first F1 event was superb.
These cars are burning you down when you make an Error.
Ok first race someone was on the inside of me when i needed to steer the corner. Really sorry to hit the guy inside me. It was a blind spot or maybe an overbraking?

second race.
I was on pole and managed to hold it for some laps. After those laps i made mistakes all over the place. I finished 5th.

Eric. This was superb, let the League begin :).
TNX ERIC AND RD for setting up this first test event.

Race 1

I qualified in 14th I think and was sitting on the grid waiting for the other guys to join when I noticed I had put fuel in for 20 minutes and not 20 laps, no problem I thought, I would hit escape adjust my fuel and start from the pitlane, oops this isnt rFactor race over.

Race 2

Got off to a reasonable start and stayed out of trouble and was running about 12th and was catching Jan in the Spyker (I think) he said in his post he had lag and every time I got near him the lag was terrible and made any attempt I might want to make to get by him a recipe for disaster, I ended up giving Jan a knock due to the lag and he went into the gravel, I waited for him to get going and we resumed racing, later on about lap 13 or 14 I was given a knock myself in the hairpin and spun round by I think the race leader, he seemed to come out of nowhere and this could have been a lag issue, I had suspension damage and had to pit and ended the race in 11th I think, all in all an enjoyable expierience that can only get better.

OMG

Best Mod in GTR Evo? You bet it is. I enjoyed the races alot.

Race 1

Qualied 4th. I managed to practice a few starts and was ready for "Go Go Go". Green light and had a good start. 2nd by turn 1. Went wide turn 3 with the heavy fuel load. David collected me, Sorry for that David. Joined the race at 18th and last position. Suspension damaged cruised to the pits for repairs. Reik who was 1st was coming fast and I literally shouted out loud "Come one Crew". Didnt want to be lapped this soon as I knew I had good pace. Came out of the pits just infront of Reik who I had to let by unfortunately. A few laps after my tyres were all warmed up and my pace matched Reik's. I unlapped myself at Adelaide. From there it was full concentration lap after lap. Finished 4th. I really was one with the car. Strange as that might sound but I just love these cars. My tyres for race 1 was Super Soft.

Race 2

Started 5th and by turn 1 I was 4th chasing David. I stayed behind a few laps to see what I can do to gain places. David passed Bob and I was still at 4th. After a few laps I was ahead of Bob, David was 2nd with a few seconds ahead of me. Put on my concentration hat on and started chasing him. A few laps after David had a slide at the start finish line. 2nd was mine chasing Jason. With only a few laps to go I was 4 tenths behind him. He drove like a pro. Couldnt pass him, couldnt outbrake him couldnt do anything apart from staying behind him in the dirty air with oil from his car spilling on my visor lol. Made a mistake at lap 19 and off Jason was gone. Finished the race 0.9 seconds behind. Well done Jason.

I was tied on points with Jason for the overall tally.

With F1 tyres matter and this mod has translated exactly that to the game. The super soft tyres were excellent in the beginning but after 15 laps grip is gone and struggling to keep the car on the track. For the second race I picked Soft tyres and these proved to be the better choice. I wasnt up to speed straight away but gradually the tyres come on and I could push lap after lap. Tyres lasted until last lap without major grip loss.

The only problem I have seen, is that I have noticed while loading the server and cars, it takes alot longer than loading STCC server or like the Endurance server yesterday. Other than that this is a great mod, congrats Mak Modding Group.

Eric, RD this wouldnt have happened without you. Thank you very much for the support and dedication.

I'll be in my trailer home at the back of the pits.

ohhh a screenshot of the cars on the grid. And also with Lewis win today, thought a taking a screenshot of his Macca. :)
Res of the pictures are 1920x1080.

Attachments

• capture_2009-07-26_21-29-14 (2).jpg
    capture_2009-07-26_21-29-14 (2).jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 217
  • capture_2009-07-26_19-35-49 (2).jpg
    capture_2009-07-26_19-35-49 (2).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Matt Crouch

In conclusion, this mod is bad for my teeth. Until I got to know magny I kept clenching my jaw round every corner because of the speed :D

Server 1

“Invested” my efforts 95% in another event, only yesterday and today did an effort worth mentioning regarding this event. The objective was always not to be a liability to any of you...

Qualify (Last or 2nd last)

A 13... Far from the 10s some of you are capable of doing but not too slow I guess.

Race 1 (DNF- 12laps-Suspension-11th)

I was marveled as I was doing considerably well in 6th (amazingly at one time was even 5th early on), then come lap 12 and lost it... very simple actually.

Exiting the first turn (was using the "Sting" setup btw) I was constantly accelerating earlier and earlier every time I was going by. Waiting for the warning from the rear... it came, but very fast, and I only caught the car in the barrier (or better, the barrier caught the car, I didn't :p); instant race-over message :(

Race 2 (6th)

The first turn was "interesting" but the good part is that these cars not only accelerate much, but they also brake much too... Navigated near 10th early on to climb later in the order with the other misfortunes. This time only did a 360º that everyone managed to avoid, thanks. :D The 6th, well, was a gift :)

Very nice races, enjoyed the car very much as it feels more "alive" than the F3000, I've yet still too learn the car limits specially under braking.

Interestingly, I feel very much like Abdul does and found similar qualities with the SS and S tires, right down to the lap. I also love the feel of the car - what an amazing mod.

Qual

I don't even remember where I qual'd but it was my usual "near the back" somwhere qual. I rarely qual well, so that was normal for me. I just couldn't get a really good feel for the car because I was not quite comfortable with it yet.

Race 1 - 6th Place Finish

I started around 12th or so I think, but had an amazing start! I must have passed at least 4 or 5 cars by turn 1 and was able to keep it on the black stuff. I actually got up to 3rd place at one point, but then because I had the SS tires, I started to spin out a few times which made me lose positions. I also had two stop n go penalties for cutting the track. It just didn't feel right (because of the tires I believe, and lack of practice) - no to mention, I don't like this track much. :messed: I ended up finishing 6th.

Race 2 - 1st Place Finish

I started Race 2 in 3rd spot since I finished 6th in Race 1 (reverse grid). Again, I had an amazing start and was in first spot by turn 1 and was able to keep it the entire race to bring home the win. The main difference for me was the tires and the practice with the car from the first race. I used Soft tires and they did not wear off after 15 laps like the SS did in race 1. I also learned the braking points better and the turning speeds and especially exit speeds. I did cut the track once, but no penalty, and I did not spin out. It was largely an error free race for me especially compared to the first one. Yipee, I love this mod!

I must apologize to Ollie for spinning him in Race 1. Ollie, I do not have time to type anything during the race, so I just wait to let you go by and save the apologies for the forums after the race. If anyone is waiting for a "sorry" from me on track, it will rarely happen - I just don't have the time or dexterity during an actual race to type stuff. I will always try to give you the postion back though and apologize in the forum afterwards.

One last thing I would like to suggest for future test races: I think Eric should make TeamSpeak or Ventrilo mandatory for everyone on the track. it is so much easier to communicate questions and things to test, and general coordination for test races. I would not say make it mandatory for the F1 season coming up, but for test races, there could be a lot of information to glean verbally during a race. That's my 2 cents. :handshake:

Again, thanks to the mod team and to Eric for making this happen. I am really looking forward to racing a season with this mod. Wow.

• Bert Van Waes

Great event there guys in S1

Qualified in 8

Race 1:
Had a bad start together with lots of other people and came through allright i thought. But in the middle part of the track smbd spun their car hard into the left hander and came back on track to hit me. Supsension damage and on to the pit. Fixed it and came back on track 12th i think. hunted back for top 8 and managed to do until lap 9 or 10 were i ccrashed hard and lost front left tyre and wing.
I could crawl back to the pits and ordered them to repair all. But the engineers decided to withdraw me from the race....

Race 2:
Started 12th and had a very good start, on the big straight i was in 6th p. and going strong.
In lap 2 i spun in the hairpin at the end of the straight and smbd hit my behind. Suspension damaged again. But while i was deciding to pit again it all felled pretty ok. I decided to stay out and had some racing together with Pat, my teamboss. Who later spun. I finished 8th p and loved this race!! It was great

Tx RD, MMG, Eric and Gunthar

Woot woot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%