RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy: 1st :clap:

Race 1: 1st. I had a very quick start. The 2nd place was very fast in the straights, but in the corners I was faster. We were very close, about 2s, when he had a mistake at the end of first long straight.

Race 2: 5th. I was starting at 8th place. In the start, I jumped to the 5th place and after 2nd corner I was 4th. Everything was perfect and when I was 3rd, going to be 2nd, somebody returned to the track pushing me off the track and I lost totally the control of the car. Here I started another battle to get the lost time of the accident. Finished in 5th, battling with Löffler again. Very nice battle.

Fun race.

Q: Didn't one.

Race 1:

Fun first lap with Neil and Tobias. Lap 2 my chair broke and i fell backwards. So that ended kind of strange. :wink2:

Race 2:

Got a suspension problem at the start. Had a very scary moment when David had his pedal problem at Flugplatz 200 meters in front of me, and he slowed down very fast. In lap2 i hit Mtommi when i spun, sorry for that. Not the best race but a lot af weird and fun moments.

Thanks Yves and the rest of you guys.

A little movie i quick made. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDWq6cxw_4M[/ame]

Another nice event, had lots of fun…

Qualify (14th)
Wasn’t able to put in a time, the 14th was due to the practice time or I could have been last.

In this events we should “short lap”… the only thing against it is that a few people aren’t able to “short lap” and would had to reconnect until a new pit is given to them. In this event only Ivo wasn’t in position to short lap (I think).

Race 1 (3rd)
Overall all gave it all from my grid spot, the only drawback was a little touch from behind on turn 1 that meant 1 km/h top less when going up the hill.

Ended up doing the event (race) fastest lap a 54.7, yet a bit slower than what was possible for early race pace.

The race in itself was lots of fun for me has I slowly gained positions until reaching 4th behind Gary. Than it was hard (and fun) work to bring him in and do a typical draft overtake on the final go at the power hill.

Race 2 (2nd)
With grid inversion started 6th, but more importantly from the inside of the track wish permitted me to go ahead of Gary (5th) when the light went out (Btw nice start Bruno, 8th to 5th).

The initial plan was to tag along with my direct race adversaries and go by slower racers when they went.

Yet on the first lap, on the downhill to the bridge, Neil Tennaut BMW bumped Bruno’s car and imbalanced it to the next tight left hander, Bruno went into the barriers and I went by him.

While exiting Neil lost speed due to another grass incursion and I went for the inside line. On the left hander of the bridge we touched (2nd time) as Neil wanted to do the turn as if I wasn’t there. On the small straight leading to the tight right hander uphill I waited for him and let Mark and Gary go by, but he withdrawn without the front splitter (with all this was 4th now).

From there and with all the small touches (3) the car lost 2 to 3 km/h up hill and I was only able to do a very high 54 as race pace. Mark had a 360º at the karrucel so I climbed to 3rd and went after Gary’s BMW. Before the end of the 1st lap was second; but Martijn was comfortable alone up the road with a few seconds on hand.

From there and bringing Gary (3rd) with me (we did a nice 2nd lap) we went after Martijn. I gave it all and was lots of fun and really needed a bath after the race :wink2:. In the end it wasn’t sufficient as the power hill only brought me really close to him but not into position to do a move.

Overall 2 fine races where once more I had lots of fun and gave it all doing races like I really like, from back to front without being a liability to no one.

Congratulations to Bruno and Martijn, thanks everyone who participated, especially to those who gave me a good run.

Thanks Yves for putting this event up, thanks RD for the fine server (race & forum).

While exiting Neil lost speed due to another grass incursion and I went for the inside line. On the left hander of the bridge we touched (2nd time) as Neil wanted to do the turn as if I wasn’t there.

Inside line on a corner like that is stupid and selfish. Also caused me to loose my front splitter and have a puncture.

Here's my skin: http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-skins/3/hp-racing-bmw-z4-1020/

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile-big:

bmw%20z4%20hp%20racing_xsu.jpg

...Race2: no so gd

and nice sensible move there mr João Andias...

Inside line on a corner like that is stupid and selfish. Also caused me to loose my front splitter and have a puncture.

Neil,
As you probably noticed I didn't type sorry, neither at the time in race, nor now at the forum like I usually do (and did in this race in other circumstances). When that happened, I waited for you because I saw it as a divided incident (and see it now like that), unfortunately you lost the front splitter and opted to retire, I'm sorry for that and think it was overall unfortunate incident.
But I will recall you one forum rule (and for this I'm sorry), since we use real names here, can we please refrain the language and recriminations here? Thanks... Please bring any grievances you have with me to http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...n-serie-gt-sport-nordschleife.html#post352885 or PM me or/and staff.

Yeah, I'm kinda losing the interest too... Too much Nords in such a short time...

Infidel! Burn, burn... :devil:
There isn't such thing as too much Nord! :angel2:

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles at race 2, when that happens I press 1 (if it isn't 1, it is near :D) and cycle through the mirror options. Btw, I don't use the mirrors (they are there... don't you worry), I fully look back... :wink2:

...A little movie i quick made. :)

Nice movie, "an image worth a 1000 words", a movie... thanks:good:

Btw, just one thing by looking at the movie I saw you keeping the 5th gear too much time in (power hill 2 times), not important in a sprint, but the C6 would go faster if you changed the gear a little earlier
:wink2:

Corvette is about 15 km/h faster than Mosler in the straights...

As you most likely know better than me, it depends on the setup, we just can't have it all... but yes, the C6 is among the quickest (if not the quickest) cars of the class going straight (but not by 15km/h :wink2:).
In short, what I'm trying to type is that if the Mosler went straight as the C6, the C6 likely would have no place in the class :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%