• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Monday July 13th - RDVLN Serie - GT-Sport @ Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2009
I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid it's best for me if I do not participate this time. I have a pretty important test tomorrow and I just noticed it's a little bit harder than I thought. Sorry for being so late with this, I hope you all have fun.

Lewis Fergusson

1000RPM
Jun 21, 2008
Just found out I have to go out tonight now, throughly pissed off that I can't race.
Sorry about this but I really can't help it.

David Zafiu

1000RPM
May 12, 2009
OMG Guys....very nice and heavy race :D. Sadly i was having problems with the pedals from my steering wheel.The brake pedal was pushing it a little bit without my foot on it and this was slowly me down very seriose.
Anyway.....nice race all of you....having fun all of the race you guys. :D
See you next time and thanks to RaceDepartment and Yves for this great event and more others.
CHEERS!!!

Mark Birney

3000RPM
Sep 13, 2008
Feel sick :(

Qualified 7th
Race 1 - 7th:
Managed to avoid T1 chaos (slow starter held up everyone). up into 4th, but fell back as the Spyker was a bit nippy.

Race 2 - 7th:
Started 2nd after the reverse grid, had a bad start but stayed 2nd. Lost positions for the same reason, couldn't hold the Spyker while pushing. I had a little wobble in the back end, but held it and as I re-entered the track, Andreas went up the inside and knocked me into the barrier. No worries mate, accident :)

7-7-7

That's enough Nords for me. Getting a tad bored of the track. The Radicals were by far the best cars around Nords I must say. Great racing, thanks for organising, see you again :)

Gary Lennon

3000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Both good races for me,a setup change between races was a good idea and i felt slightly better pace for that,more than once i was sure i was going to fail slowing up enough not to smack in to the cars ahead,got caught out a couple of times but just managed not to touch anyone :).
Thank you Yves and RD :good:

Jul 28, 2008
Thank you for for this great event.
First race went great untill i made contact with someone and had to wait for him.Dont know if it was my mistake or his or just a racing incident,but it set me back to 18th place.Great race after that and maneged to finish 6,and had some great fights allong the way.
The 2nd race went even better,started 3rd and after some nice fights i was in 1rst spot.Did some nice laps and just maneged to hold on to it in front of Joao.Pfffff, very lucky it wasn't 1 lap more....
Was really great fun guys, i have to do this more often.
Thx again for the nice races and lots of fun,

Cheers

Aritan Maia

1000RPM
Nov 25, 2008
Yeah, I'm kinda losing the interest too... Too much Nords in such a short time. But maybe another week... :D

Quali: 3rd (or 4th, can't remember)

Race1: 5th
Had a terrible start and when T1 came, I think David had some problems and hit me. I went out of the track and when I came back David spun and I stopped in front of me. :) I hit him and stayed in 4th, but with the car with very weird behaviors. I was very slow and lost 4th to João and stayed 5th till the end.

Race2: Retired :(
I don't know what happened, but I started good, mantained the 4th position but when I lookd at my mirror, it was gone and I got desperate. :) I couldn't see anyone behind, so I chose to pull the car and let everyone pass. What a strange feeling not to see anyone in your mirror. Tried a few more turns, passed 1 and another but without the mirror, when I started to fight for a position I missed the mirror again and chose to retire.

Thx a lot Yves and RD!!!!

Dennis Phelan

8000RPM
Premium
Apr 8, 2009
First race went great untill i made contact with someone and had to wait for him.Dont know if it was my mistake or his or just a racing incident,but it set me back to 18th place....Cheers
Martijn, I moved over on you and you "had the corner" I just didn't see you, there was no need to stop for me. But this is why RD is so great, the racing is fun and people are willing to do what's right!

I couldn't find any of these cars easy to drive. I ended up in a Bummer and I can't drive Bummers! Thank you all and Thanks to Yves and RD!

Yves Larose

10000RPM
May 28, 2008
Sorry guy's for not showing up, i was about to start the game when the power went down and it just came back :disapointed: hope you had fun

Bruno Said

25RPM
Oct 13, 2008
Qualy: 1st :clap:

Race 1: 1st. I had a very quick start. The 2nd place was very fast in the straights, but in the corners I was faster. We were very close, about 2s, when he had a mistake at the end of first long straight.

Race 2: 5th. I was starting at 8th place. In the start, I jumped to the 5th place and after 2nd corner I was 4th. Everything was perfect and when I was 3rd, going to be 2nd, somebody returned to the track pushing me off the track and I lost totally the control of the car. Here I started another battle to get the lost time of the accident. Finished in 5th, battling with Löffler again. Very nice battle.

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Apr 15, 2009
Fun race.

Q: Didn't one.

Race 1:

Fun first lap with Neil and Tobias. Lap 2 my chair broke and i fell backwards. So that ended kind of strange. :wink2:

Race 2:

Got a suspension problem at the start. Had a very scary moment when David had his pedal problem at Flugplatz 200 meters in front of me, and he slowed down very fast. In lap2 i hit Mtommi when i spun, sorry for that. Not the best race but a lot af weird and fun moments.

Thanks Yves and the rest of you guys.

A little movie i quick made. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDWq6cxw_4M[/ame]

João Andias

500RPM
Sep 14, 2008
Another nice event, had lots of fun…

Qualify (14th)
Wasn’t able to put in a time, the 14th was due to the practice time or I could have been last.

In this events we should “short lap”… the only thing against it is that a few people aren’t able to “short lap” and would had to reconnect until a new pit is given to them. In this event only Ivo wasn’t in position to short lap (I think).

Race 1 (3rd)
Overall all gave it all from my grid spot, the only drawback was a little touch from behind on turn 1 that meant 1 km/h top less when going up the hill.

Ended up doing the event (race) fastest lap a 54.7, yet a bit slower than what was possible for early race pace.

The race in itself was lots of fun for me has I slowly gained positions until reaching 4th behind Gary. Than it was hard (and fun) work to bring him in and do a typical draft overtake on the final go at the power hill.

Race 2 (2nd)
With grid inversion started 6th, but more importantly from the inside of the track wish permitted me to go ahead of Gary (5th) when the light went out (Btw nice start Bruno, 8th to 5th).

The initial plan was to tag along with my direct race adversaries and go by slower racers when they went.

Yet on the first lap, on the downhill to the bridge, Neil Tennaut BMW bumped Bruno’s car and imbalanced it to the next tight left hander, Bruno went into the barriers and I went by him.

While exiting Neil lost speed due to another grass incursion and I went for the inside line. On the left hander of the bridge we touched (2nd time) as Neil wanted to do the turn as if I wasn’t there. On the small straight leading to the tight right hander uphill I waited for him and let Mark and Gary go by, but he withdrawn without the front splitter (with all this was 4th now).

From there and with all the small touches (3) the car lost 2 to 3 km/h up hill and I was only able to do a very high 54 as race pace. Mark had a 360º at the karrucel so I climbed to 3rd and went after Gary’s BMW. Before the end of the 1st lap was second; but Martijn was comfortable alone up the road with a few seconds on hand.

From there and bringing Gary (3rd) with me (we did a nice 2nd lap) we went after Martijn. I gave it all and was lots of fun and really needed a bath after the race :wink2:. In the end it wasn’t sufficient as the power hill only brought me really close to him but not into position to do a move.

Overall 2 fine races where once more I had lots of fun and gave it all doing races like I really like, from back to front without being a liability to no one.

Congratulations to Bruno and Martijn, thanks everyone who participated, especially to those who gave me a good run.

Thanks Yves for putting this event up, thanks RD for the fine server (race & forum).

Neil Tennant

@Simberia
Apr 20, 2007
While exiting Neil lost speed due to another grass incursion and I went for the inside line. On the left hander of the bridge we touched (2nd time) as Neil wanted to do the turn as if I wasn’t there.
Inside line on a corner like that is stupid and selfish. Also caused me to loose my front splitter and have a puncture.

João Andias

500RPM
Sep 14, 2008
...Race2: no so gd

and nice sensible move there mr João Andias...
Inside line on a corner like that is stupid and selfish. Also caused me to loose my front splitter and have a puncture.

Neil,
As you probably noticed I didn't type sorry, neither at the time in race, nor now at the forum like I usually do (and did in this race in other circumstances). When that happened, I waited for you because I saw it as a divided incident (and see it now like that), unfortunately you lost the front splitter and opted to retire, I'm sorry for that and think it was overall unfortunate incident.
But I will recall you one forum rule (and for this I'm sorry), since we use real names here, can we please refrain the language and recriminations here? Thanks... Please bring any grievances you have with me to http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...n-serie-gt-sport-nordschleife.html#post352885 or PM me or/and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow RaceDepartment