RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Frank Herfjord

That was great fun! I decided to jump in on this race after a welcoming racing club invite by Dennis.

Qualified third last. I haven't raced this track since my Forza days, so I was pretty happy wi-th this, especially since I haven't tried GT cars for more than 15 minutes before either.

Race 1: To my amazement, I was able to get a good pace in, and had a long, close and exciting race with Marty for 13th place. But in the end, I ran out of fuel so had to slow down dramatically and ended in 15th. But I had apparently squeezed Andriy off track along the way without noticing. I apologise for that. I should have left more room and will work on remembering to do so in the future.

Race 2: I was totally stressed out at the start when I realized that I had disabled my virtual mirror. I'm afraid this caused the sideswipe Gary mentioned. So sorry! As I was asking my wife to help me fix the mirror problem, I lost concentration and made my first major mistake going into the sand trap. After that, I just kept crashing all the time, getting less concentrated every time.

On lap two, both me and Andriy make the same mistake as mentioned, and I smash right into him. After that, the race got really silly as we were fighting each other, but fighting our messed up cars even more as we were struggling to keep them on track going 50 km/h in the corners :p The big dump in sector two was a hoot, as the cars flipped back like a speed boat before flying up into the air. But at the end of the lap, the unfamiliar lack of downforce made me smash hard into the wall after the super long straight.

"sorry, damage not repairable, race finished"... except it wasn't! Even though I got the radio message, I found that the car was still moving. The gears were stuttering, brakes were failing, and I had no downforce whatsoever. Whenever I touched the gas pedal, a big blast of smoke came out my exhaust. To top it all off, I realized that I had only 9l fuel left in the car. So now I had to go around the entire lap at minimum rpm, and tried to avoid touching the brake pedal at all. When I was halfway around the track, everybody started chatting since the race was over for them. But I was still having a blast struggling to finish the race as I was laughing all the way. And sure enough, I crossed the line with 0,5l of fuel left after an 11 minute lap:) A "different" race to be sure!

Thanks all for the great race, and a special thanks for all the well written race reports.

race was a bust, was presented with the choice to go too fast into a bend and understeer into the barriers, or brake as usual and get punted into the barriers.

race 2 i just took it easy and enjoyed the scenery, went from 21st to 6th with only 1 proper overtake required.

thank you yves for all the rdlvn events, i really enjoyed most that i took part in. thanks also to those i had good clean fights with - sorry gary i wasn't quite on pace last night so i wasn't able to fill your rear view mirror as usual. (and don't think i didn't notice that you just happened to choose the exact same car as me... ;) )

OMG!!! The end of the world is upon us I tells ya, 11 Hrs and only 13 sign up's "Were all doomed"

frazer.jpg

• Andrew Evans

nah mate, yer totally welcome to run it... format of these events allows me to be less strict about the whole sign in/out thing than other games like evo... as long as yer name is on the list when i run the results app, you'll be there.... :D

Phew, just finished the two day event, and again lots of fun. Cam, Glenn and I had a ball on TS, sharing stories of spectacular accidents, insults about french cars (Cam was in love with the Clio :poop: I think), lots of cursing about bumps and hopeless co-drivers, and the odd mention of Cam's unfortunate health affliction. 'ear, 'ear I say.

Thanks for setting this one up Andrew, a nice change of weather and track surface.

i dont think i can attend but i have a request. If you would do some more races on tracks that are already on the game so i don't have to download a track just to race one event. Class don't matter just asking if you can so i can do some races. i mostly will run friday night or weekdays cause i go to school. Thanks

• Matt Crouch

Arrr buxton me up, another oppurtunity to play annoying sound clips repeatedly.. unless I get a new mic..

although maybe I could redirect the mic through the other sound card which can mix them into one output and have another cable to my real soundcard. interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%