RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Late report

Eventually I've managed to get a look at the replays of what I felt to be a good race night for me even thoughi didn't manage to score any points or finish up on the podium.

First thankd to Keith for the honda set-up as usual a bit lose at the back end but pretty predictable and controllable.

Didn't expect much in quali as i'd been way off the pace in practice and I didn't disappoint mayself going off in turn 1 of the hotlap. gave it up there and then to sit last.

Got a good start jumping 4 or 5 places then diving down a wide open gap fior the inside at T1 to see a couple of cars off-roading on the "lawn". Picked up a couple of places there and a couple more after there was a bit of carnage coming off the "rise". 4th!!!!!

Ran my ususal long stint to pit at the end of the window only to get a stop/go for speeding on the entry to the pit and another on the first stop/go. Down to 10th. Funny that you guys were changing lefts only I changed fronts and after 1 lap, the balance came back after and there didn't seem to be any uneven wear. I guess that since I'm so slow, I'm easier on tyres than you aliens. Even with the two stop go's i finished 10th but the laptimes had come right down.

2nd race start from 10th, again a good start making p a couple of places. Well placed into t1 but got a slight knock on the rear quarter that sent me a bit sideways. Highlight of the race was nipping down the inside of Eric on t3 I think it was my first genuine racing pass. went down hill from there as I sailed off at the last turn on lap 1 and did the same a coupel of laps later losing rear aero. pitted early on lap 6 bu then went off on turn 1 with a damage not repairable.

Finally getting a bit of time to add my race report.

Another GREAT event! I had a blast! OK it's my home track and got more laps here IRL than Keith has going to the Beer Cooler so that adds to my joy!:rotfl:

Quali super pole was ok. Ran a low 54. I thought a 53.7 was possible but my POS MOMO red wheel decided to suddenly orient itslelf offset left and it dropped wheels off after the climbing turn and that checked my speed a bit. gotta get aG25 soon.:dance2: So I grid P5.

The flag drops and Rhys gets a jump on me and heads to the grass on my right but can't pass. It might have been evasive more than agression? I enter Big Bend in P6 and 3-4 lengths behind the front pack. I suck in FWD cars.:giggle: Yves, Abdul, Keith,Peter and Brandon are 1-5 rspectively at Big bend. I have Dennis on my outside and even with me. He lifts and I enter in 6th safely. we all hold position thru big bend and I gain big exiting and entering the left hander in the "esses" on Brandon. I put the wheels up on the curb and it shoots me into Brandon who is a 1/2 car width wide of the line and he turns sideways and we both go off on the outside. Sorry Brandon my Bad:bad: I wait for Him and we set off again in P12 & 13. Robert Isles comes off the righthander entering "NO Name Straight" and just swipes my passenger side a hair. I am P14 now. oh well now I am going to get to race a few guys working my way back up the order! good plan Eric:drool:

I bump draft Robert down the 1st 1/2 of the main straight. he ends up wide entering big bend and runs through Dennis's lawn! I am P13 and climbing! ha ha ha ha ha I get 1/2 way thru Big Bend and I see BRandon, Rhys, Yves and Abdul off on the outside. I gain 4 spots to get to 9th. OK thats fortunate for me.:dance2: IT seems Dennis has gone massive agricultural and he is preparing the fields to plant corn in 2 nice neat rows from the entry to the left hand esses all the way to the entry to no name straight!:wink2: I am P8. huh luck is with me so far. 5 cars 1/4 lap!

I get on the wheel and start closing on Paul wood about 1.5 seconds a lap. Phillip A. runs off the track exiting Diving turn and Paul and I pass. I am P8 and driving well. I am gaining on almost everyone in front of me as they are now visible. Then Willie extends Dennis' AG work from where he left off to the outside of no name and we all pass him while he fights for control in the grass. Johan is out there w/ Willie now in a solo slide.

I am flying onto no name hoping they won't enter to for into the line. John gets it going in P5 I am following in P6 about 7 lengths back. 3 laps I cannot pass Johan or even get a chance. He is driving very well and holding a lead on me. Brandon has crept up behind us now.

Flying down the straight I drop off the track (MOMO POS problem again like in quali). Johan cooks the entry to big bend and hits the escape road. Brandon goes inside me and we nearly collide. HE check sup to avoid me and PHILLIP A shoots on the insode of him to take P6 from Brandon. Brilliant move!

I close on Paul wood and he and I pass XOSE who has an unassisted off exiting the diving turn. I am P4 and Paul is P3. on lap 7 or so. Paul gets sloppy through the big bend /esses complex and drops off the track entering no name. I slide to the curbing on exit and just swipe Paul. Sorry Paul I couldn't change line in a drift. I am P3 and on for a PODIUM. MAYBE

I run out the stint and assume P1 when Yves and Keith pit. Now I have to pit because I know those guys will lay down very fast laps on the fresh rubber.

I had finally workd on manual pit and had it down in practice. I bring it in and have all kinds of problems. :drool: I don;t realise the car in the pit space behind me is a ghost and I struggle to get in my stall. I then have troubkle restarting the engine! but this went sooo well in practice!

I exit in P6. Well done NIMROD! I gain a spot when XOSE pits. I am now chasing Yves and gaining pretty easily. He must have damage as this is not normal at all. I get right up on Yves on the main straight. He slides to the inside and locks me out of a pass. Well done Yves! Classic Big Bend defense! We are both gaining on Paul Wood while we battle.

Yves gets past Paul and I am bumper to Bumper w/ Paul entering Climbing turn. I get side by side on him in the short chute and pass him inside at West Bend. I drift wide and drop wheels. Paul fights to get me back and I hold him off exiting Diving Turn. Hope it wasn;t a surprise Paul! no contact so I think we're good on this.

I finish P4 behind Yves. It's a good race but I am disappointed about the pit stop.

On to R2! I start P4 and its an all HONDA front 4! then yves in the BIMMER to my right and Keith in the Peugot behind me. I spin the start and get passed by everyone to hold it togethr in P8. Willie Spins exiting Diving turn and I assume P7. Paul, Peter and Robert Isles Are just ahead about .5. I can catch these guys maybe! They get very close thru the big bend / esses and I close w/ Phillip right on my bumper. Robert gets a bit of an oversteer slide going at the end of the lefthander and peter and he both leave the track for a brief second. They both get on the race surface in the outer of the right hander offline.. I pinch in as far as possible against the curb to avoid contact. Peter and I make contact when he comes into the line. I put 2 wheel on the inside grass to avoid but no joy. Peter and Robert spin off outside. Sorry guys. I had nowhere to go. Since I didn't hit yo ufrom behind I felt I could continue in good conscience.

I am chasing Paul in P4. he bobbles the exit of Diving turn and I pass him entering Big bend for P4. Paul passes me when I drop off into Dennis's lawn. John passes also and I am P6 w/ Peter not far behind in 7th.After a few laps I repass Johan w/ a big slide job entry to Big Bend.

Back to 5th and feeling good!:) I catch Paul after 3 laps and pull a ballsy pass on the apex of the diving turn w/ wheels up on the curb to stay contact free.

Race_Steam2009-06-0211-55-27-51.jpg

I assume P2 as leaders are pitting again. I pit in P3 as Paul continues on. I TOTALLY nail my pit stall! BUT I CANNOT GET THE CAR TO FIRE WHEN UP ON THE JACKS! I reenter P9 and am not mentally well.:drool: I string out a bunch of good laps and am gaining on Rhys a bit each lap. He goes off track and I gain to P8. I am chasing Paul Wood again! And along my drive I nearly KILL WILLIE WATT! way to get out the way!

Race_Steam2009-06-0212-01-31-79.jpg

I catch Paul about the time Dennis drops off track exiting Esses to no name straight. Paul passes and I follow. this is the last lap! I bump Paul a bit on no name and he slides a bit right but holds it together! I lift a hair to give him room at Climbing Turn being off line.

I try to get inside in the short chute but no joy.
So I set Paul up for a pass exiting Diving Turn by tapping the brake entering West Bend to get space for a run off that next corner. Dennis fills the gap inside! he has inside wheels on the curb. We smack door handles and I go off outside scattering corner workers. Dennis drives off going down the hill. Paul scoots away to hold his position. Dennis. we're OK here on this contact. I looked at the tape and see it as a racing incident and I would have likely done what you did given the last lap and all. :laugh2:

So I finish P6 and again am thinking it could have gone better!

Lesson Learned: YOU HAVE TO HOLD DOWN THE IGNITION BUTTON TO START THE ENGINE! you don't just tap it!:rotfl: what a moron!:wink2:

Thanks Eric for putting this together!

Sights from LIMEROCK PARK!

the start of RACE 2!

Race_Steam2009-06-0211-33-32-81.jpg

Race_Steam2009-05-2922-33-59-48.jpg

johan B showing us that Scandenavians have mor FUN! nice exit from a really fast corner!
Race_Steam2009-06-0210-54-47-87.jpg

Verry nice you C6 Skin Aritan!!! GOOD JOB!
I will take the M3 because with him i managed to have a time around 6:57 per lap and with no verry hardly eforts. Hope that allmost all of the drivers will finish the race.If that happens,this mean that it was a great achievement.

I need a skin for my BMW M3 but i don't know how to make one.Somebody can make one for me?

Ran some laps w/ Dennis P today at Ledennon. Fun track! its clearly a drivers track. Every imaginable corner speed and sequence is there!

Ran in the low 1:31's on a modified Limerock set up in the 07 accord.. can't get it to load online as it said"server Error". I'll try later.

Should be fun! think "outside the curbs" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%