Monaco practice race Wed. 8th June.

Thanks to all participants and to setup sharers. I succeeded in finishing both races, although I only trained less than an hour since last race. I hope I'll improve my lap times for next week!

Sorry Fabrice for the tap in race 1. Nice battle Valter in race 2.

Grats all, no much incidents tonight... yet not easy at monaco.

Thank you Nicolas Rouge for let me go on lap 1 (2de Race) i have saw it on video ;) Np for the first race mate

Sorry Reik for the little touch on lap 1, race 2... finally beat the Champ is not verry different than other oppenents! :rolleyes:

3th rang in Q with 1.11.800s... the flying frenchman is in the place! :tongue:

Sorry for not being there guys, as expected I was still working till 7:30, by which time my brain was toast, I did manage a few laps on the 5 lap server a little later tho

Hope you had fun

Jim

Nice 2 races a bit better 2nd race but a general good training for me finished race 2 time.I was curious about soft and medium tires how long was possible drive now I know :)

THANKS ALL GUYS

great first race, got into 2nd behind reik and chased him down for 13 laps or so, didnt want to try any diving moves but ended up burning out my tyres chasing him, was great while it lasted, ended in 2nd.

2nd race started well, ended terrible, hit valter at swimming pool ( i dont know what happened to you valter but it looked as if you just slowed right down in the middle of the road), was behind nico for a while and tried up the inside of t1, he left room but got better traction on exit and stayed ahead, the next lap or a couple laps later i tried the same move this time from a bit further back, might have been a bit to optomistic of me, in front of nico 2 guys had a coming together so it altered how myself and nico took the corner, i slammed on the brakes and spun out nico kept going i think, i dont think we touched but if we did im sorry, if id anticipated trouble in front id never have tried the move, anyhoo onwards with some hard cracks on the wall i gave up.

some great practise though, looking forward to the real event.

it was good practicing this track today, lots of mistakes for me especially when tires start giving up, i ended up pitting for repairs in both races each after 13 laps and shifted to softs afterwards so i could not get a better idea if Nicos strategy of mixed tires would have lasted for 24 laps!?...but i saw Nico in the first race finishing high without pitting..

Some nice fight with Nico, Sean, Fabrice, Valter and Turnbull..:), very easy to have contacts here, this is definitely one of those tracks where we really need to dial down the optimistic part of passes..:)..

Cheers guys, good job all..

Great fun Anthony.
Yes fun duel Nicolas.
And thx Valerio for some nice laps.

Sorry David I had a blue flag and made a mistake when I slowed there.

The car didn't last the whole stint on softs, it got very hard to brake and turn in.
Now I must rebuild the whole car and do a lot of tire wear testing before the official race:)

I had a great first race where I was chasing Anthony for most of it. I did manage to try a pass once, at the s/f straight, we went side by side into t1, but I had to give it up and let Anthony retain his position. A bit later Anthony made a mistake and I managed to damage my car when I past him (my own fault). I stayed out though as I had a half a minute gap to 4th and just brought my car home to 4th. It was a pity, because I didn't get to see my lap times towards the end with worn tyres (because the injury made me so slow).

Second race was bound to be interesting, with the reverse grid order. I think I was 8th after a few turns and soon was chasing Anthony again and had David Turnbull behind me. After a couple of laps Anthony was going for it on the s/f with the car ahead of him. I was quite close behind, and David close behind me again. As we approached t1 I noticed that the car Anthony was passing was not putting up much of a fight and I thought I could pass him on the inside as well (I had to go in the inside if I was not to brake and go behind him). What I had forgotten about here was David, who was in the prosess of going on my inside. As I turned in to pass the car ahead I suddenly met with David, I guess we were three abrest at this time. I saw that David spun around in this prosess and it felt like it was my fault. I decided to wait and let David through, which put me on last place.

I was a bit confused and out of consentration at this point and made a mistake in the 3/4th gear chicane towards the end of the lap. My car was airborn and ended up in the mediterrainien :)

The incident with David felt like an incident where I was more to blame than any other. I will look at it and maybe make a small video, because it was quite a cool situation.

All in all I think there was a lot of great driving out there!

Here's my little late and short report.

Race 1 (Q: pole R: 1st):

I was very nervous and did hard to find a good rhythm. Christian R. did a very good 1:11:2xx soon and I thought I'd have to start from 2nd with a 1:11:4xx at this time, but finally I was able to manage a 1:11:1xx. :redface:

I had good traction at the start and was able to take T1 at the ideal line. In the mirror I saw David T. pass Christian R. who seemed to have a not so good start. It was my first long run in race trim, so I needed some laps to get used to the heavy car on med/med. At the same time David T. put a big pressure on me, chasing me very close. Even though I knew that he couldn't attack me as long as I won't make a mistake. Sometimes I had locking wheels before the harbour chicane and David came closer but I learned to avoid it later.
The last few laps David dropped off a little and we finished this order. My tires were completely gone and it was very fun to drive this slippery car through the last 5 laps. :cool:

Congrats David and Christian!

Race 2 (starting 8th, finishing 3rd):

It's a very rare experience for me to start in a bunch of cars. Doing this at Monaco made me worrying, so I decided to make it as carefull as possible. I had a good start again and held the inside line until T1, slowing down gently and early. The surrounding cars did the same (thx for that!) so we had no trouble through T1. But at the exit in front of us there was a little traffic jam, which caused a very little chain reaction. I slightly touched David T. and Fabrice touched me. I got a suspension warning but luckily didn't notice much, so we continued in an unchanged order.
Racing at Monaco so close with many cars was great. At the beginning of lap 3 I missed T1 and had to go straight on in the gravel there. Luckily nothing got damaged and I went on in 9th I think. Later I was able to overtake Valerio and Valter on the track. Both showed a very fair awareness there, thx! And I could pass others who made mistakes. The last laps I was in 3rd with a big gap to Christian R. in second and Saen in 1st. I was pushing like hell on worn tires. This was amazing fun with sliding and some big moments here and there. :rolleyes: :tongue: But we finished this order.

Grats to Sean and Christian!

Sorry Reik for the little touch on lap 1, race 2... finally beat the Champ is not verry different than other oppenents! :rolleyes:

No problem at all, it didn't harm me and there was no chance to avoid it. I'm only disappointed that it doesn't feel like an honor for you to beat me! :tongue:

btw, very good driving and awareness by everyone. This league reached a very high driving standard.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back