F1 2013 Monaco - Please Help!!

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I have had all 4 incarnations of this series. In 2012 I could win at Monaco on Pro AI. This year I am 4 secs off the Caterhams on Intermediate level. I have spent hours on the TT I have watched other on Youtube but I cannot push any harder. If I brake any later at any point I hit the wall, if I try to get the power down any sooner I hit the wall, if I try to brake later with an early turn in I burn the tyres in 5 laps.

I am 10 secs away from last year and cant see a place I can even make up a 0.100 secs. Any help appreciated, (I dont think its down to practice this time).

Btw on the other tracks I compete fine on Intermediate or Pro levels.

Hi Salut, thanks for the tips. I'm playing PC via Steam - unmodded. I do not like Monaco, either in the sim or watching a real race on TV. Had it been anywhere else it would have been deemed too dangerous and taken off the calendar years ago. Races in Monte Carlo are traditionally won in qualifying and pit-stop strategy. Not my idea of a race.

I'm quite happy to sit this one out :)

Monaco is my favourite track in the calendar which for sure has helped with learning it. For me it's all about a LOT of practice. I remember the time when my average laps (and fastest ones) were 1:16's... Right now my best time is a 1:10.6. I've just had to drive a lot on it and get used to the feeling of being right next to the walls and taking multiple risks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.4%