Tracks Monaco Mod Idea

The Monaco Grand Prix is this weekend and I was just talking Formula One when I had an interesting question. Would the racing at Monaco be improved if the track was wider? So essentially the idea is you make Monaco about 15-20 meters wide and made pretty large run-off areas to see if the racing would be better. Now to make this clear. LEAVE THE LAYOUT AS IS. Do not change any of the turns. Only widen it. This also means keeping the elevation change that it has. Now I am not competent enough to do this but I'm pretty sure someone here is. If so, please let me know.

I do think it could help with overtaking on the straights (DRS especially), but not only it is impossible to make the track wider, but I think it would take away what the essence of the Monaco GP really is: incredibly low overtaking possibilities, such that it only rewards those who are talented enough to make a succesful pass on this cluster**** of a track (e.g. Leclerc in 2019). I think many fans would complain if there was a change regarding track width. In conclusion, maybe widening the track would help with overtakes, but it would take away the challenge of racing at Monaco imo.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back