RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1 :
Quali 6
Finish 4

A nice race (instead of the fact that my suspension was broken in the first lap), a good fight with Dave Stephenson.

Race 2 :
Finish 12

Some mistake, making myself going out of the track too offen...
Sorry Michael Hermann, for the touch at the lap 13.

• Steve Perryman

That was certainly a fun couple of races, Mallala is a very nice track in my opinion.
I found throwing the mini into some of the corners was a good way to improve upon lap times, but that only worked for the 2nd gear and faster corners.

If there is a way to have side mirrors, like Rfactor, then please let me know, as it is really hard to know where the car exactly is when right beside me, especially in
those tight corners at Mallala. If no option, then so be it.

Race 1 started 9th of 13, and thanks to those that ran out of fuel, came 5th.

Race 2 started 4th, and because my comp crashed after the race, I lost the replay.
Michael was closing in on me, and eventually He tapped me in one of the tight corners, but redressed, I was a bit slow in passing because of not being sure whose fault it was, no problems anyway, all part of the fun.
Later he got me, which also let about 2 others through, 2 of whom had an incident in T1 shortly after, giving me 6th back.
Near the end had a go at passing Luc Mangos, but tapped him, redressed, no place lost so 6th it was.
If anyone could post the 2nd race somewhere for download it would be much appreciated.

A good start to the new year, looking forward to the next 51 weeks.

first race :
Quali : 4
finish : 2

Good race, great battle with my team mate Luc.
After a moment make an error and down a the 4th, but with the fuel problem finish 2nd, damned fuel.

race 2:
start 7
finish 2

Good start again but little hurt at 2nd turn, go out, lose time and restart. David was really fast i can overtake my other team mate (Sebastien) but i stay in 2nd place to the finish .

Total finish first with 16 points, but it's a pity to the fuel mistake at the first race.

I again was lucky to be able to join late, but I enjoyed this one. I also liked the track, except for the blind pitlane re-entry which is rather dangerous, but realistic to the actual track. Unfortunately, I had forgotton how to drive the MINI and had no practice, so I couldn't find any pace. So decided the safest thing for me was to start at the back (where I deserved to be) and try to stay out of trouble.
Race 1. Off the line, I immediately dropped to last, but after the usual off tracks up front, I was up to P7. However, I missed the hairpin braking myself, and dropped another 3 places. I then had some fun racing with Steve and Mark. Mark and I kept swapping places by taking turns at running off the end of the hairpin LOL. During this, Wally was slowly gaining both of us. To my amazement, I finished P6 after, I assume, people were running out of fuel.
Thanks to Michael H for giving me his setup, which included more than enough fuel. :handshake:

Race 2. Starting from P3, I thought I had better concentrate some more. I managed to run with the leaders for many laps, but kept getting passed under brakes at the rotten hairpin. I think I was too careful after driving the GT cars. I got a bit of a hip and shoulder from Michael S as he passed at the hairpin (no probs Michael, you bounced sideways off the curb), which damaged my suspension, but it didn't seem too serious. Finished P4.

Thanks to all who raced, it was certainly different from our recent GT outings, the MINI's are certainly fun cars.

Great couple of races this morning for me :) First race got a bad start but someone left thier braking too late at the first hairpin and took a couple in front of me out :( this left me third with a 2 sec gap to the battle for 1st, held this gap untill 3 laps from home and then Michael stopped, wondering what was wrong with him I glanced at the fuel gauge! 1.6lt to do 3 laps:excruciating: managed to start the last lap then pulled over gracefully, On the upside this put me on pole for race 2 :) got a good start but didn't see Mark on the inside of me in t2 and we touched but got away lightly and was still p2 behind Warren, got passed on lap 2 and pulled a 6 sec gap but Gaeten then started to push hard and close the gap but I managed to hold on and take a rare win:clap: Thanks to Warren and RD for setting this up and hopefully cya next week :)

hmmm video is gonna be a problem at the moment , my system seem to not accept fraps in a gtr-e replay anymore.... was no problem before but my vista install is showing cracks after beeing on my system for many months now .

so i need to reinstall my vista , so perhaps after that.

hope to c you all tonight :| i'm gonna reinstall right now , with a new version of the great Vista :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%