Brakes

Brake Pressure: 95%
Front Brake Bias: 56%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 22.6
Rear Tyre Pressure: 20.7

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 7

Notes: And it's another race win! Qualified in 3rd and was able to pass Vettel early on, but Bottas was quick. The key was doing a 1-stop strategy, starting on the Ultras and ending on the Supersoft while others do 2. Just to ensure the win, I came in with 15 laps to go for Hypersofts, and was able to gradually claw Vettel back in for the win. Bottas should've won, but the eagerness to get by me picked him up some damage on the front wing I believe. Bottas was keen to do 3 stops to others around him doing 2.

I think I went about this setup slightly wrong though. The car is more front limited than back limited, so I'd likely put front camber and anti-roll bar down one, and put the back camber/roll bar up a notch. It's still fairly balanced anyways (as is), and I' m glad I didn't stick Ballast on 5 like I was planning. I actually think Ballast 8 is possible, but you might have issues with stability in the pool section. If you do try Ballast 8 I wouldn't change any other settings, as the fronts should feel less pain while the backs get more. Speaking of the pool section though .. man, these cars are so big and the track is so tight (12-16 far more difficult compared to past games), it's an absolute nightmare keeping the front tyres out of the wall .. and keeping within track limits.

I have damage and strict rules on, and the lack of grip from the setup made it hard to judge braking at times. Front left tyre was overheating the most, especially on the ultras, but not so much with the supersoft. The SS tyre lasts a helluva long time. The pace isn't there compared to other setups, but the tyre wear is really low and you want to make fewer pitstops as track position is vital.

I'd also not changed ANY components in my career, so with my ICE (62-64% wear) cutting out, Turbo Charger wearing, and a Gearbox on its last legs, it all combined to dull my speed down the straights; to the point I couldn't beat the "Average Speed Trap" objective in the practice sessions with front wing on 5 and slipstream from another car! Luckily I saved these upgrades for Canada where it's far more important.

You may have noticed (6-7) in brackets on the front wing, this is for those drivers who are confident enough that they don't need it to be on 8. What I did was started with 8, and tweaked it after my first pitstop to 7 after losing some fuel. So yes, the setup does have low grip. Yes, you may struggle with some overheating. But will it get you from start to finish with 1-stop? Very possible. Just drive super clean on the Ultras and get as far as you can. Don't be upset about holding the pack up if you're out front. But if Bottas or another driver does get out in front .. you need to be quick, but you also need to be clean.

Don't let the leader get too far ahead of you or it's game over. Your qualifying lap has to be stellar to make it to the top 3. Again a ton of notes, but it's not like we're seeing millions of setups posted around here, so feedback on my own setups would be beneficial for all who do come here looking for something decent to drive with. See you again for Canada!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%