Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement]

Misc Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a question, would modular mods work alongside other mods that modify the original game files like the realistic damage mod?
It depends. If you use a fomswap for example, then no - because those already have a performance file that loads first.
But you could use my performance template mod and export the realistic damage mod vtf files into the template - and this way have a modular realistic damage mod (the template is set to load before swaps, so it counts first).

Of course, if you use a damage mod, which has been created for original F1 chassis, for swapped chassis cars - a few minor things will not be correct 100%. But you probably won't notice those, beside the minor handling maybe.

Last edited:
ParkYongLee updated Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] with a new update entry:

added animation_incardriver_f1.erp in the non active folder to load swapped steering wheel animation

Changelog 1.6:
  • added animation_incardriver_f1.erp in the non active folder and its default incardriver_f1.scene.xml in the new "raw" folder
    • this new erp file can be used to load changes of driver/steering wheel animations for swapped cars
    • see the update notes of MyTeam for All Teams and F1 Teams for MyTeam
      [URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes and no. I have such templates, as I use them for imported cars from 2017-2019 but that is also the issue: The soundfile link is in the same file as model swapping. And as many people (especially 2021 mods) use fomswaps, there would be a conflict and one would have to edit import those manually anyway.

So, I am not sure if it's really helpful to make my templates public, most users will be confused in the end. They are already confused with reading an overview page :D

Hi question again, how do implement the steering wheel animation fix? I tried to put the animation_incardriver on the active folder and it didnt work for the fomswap i use. How do i troubleshoot that or am i doing something wrong?

Hi question again, how do implement the steering wheel animation fix? I tried to put the animation_incardriver on the active folder and it didnt work for the fomswap i use. How do i troubleshoot that or am i doing something wrong?
Like I did write: You have to edit the file itself. So you have to edit the xml file, change the anim name to fom (like it is written in the other mod's update), import the file back to the .erp.
The new erp contains only default values, as everyone uses different teams with fom and with F1.

Like I did write: You have to edit the file itself. So you have to edit the xml file, change the anim name to fom (like it is written in the other mod's update), import the file back to the .erp.
The new erp contains only default values, as everyone uses different teams with fom and with F1.

Is it possible for you to release a modular file for to fix the animation for the williams fom swap? EEA 7.1 doesnt work on my computer because it wont install the .net 3.1. If not, thank you for your great work anyway!

Yeah, no. It's not that I don't want to help you as it is a minor thing to do. But once I start doing these small requests, people will take the small finger and grab the whole hand, you know.

I already get too many pms about requests in different cases, so I have the principle: Either help all or help none.

Maybe someone else is willing to help you out. Many people use EEA after all and are able to do such small changes.

I'm just trying to get the mod F1 Team for MyTeam to work. Do everything as described in the Read Me Files. Select team, then this in f1_2020_vehicle_package and the erp in Active folder of Modular Mod. Base Modular Mod is also installed. And in the Base Modular Mod I find folders for enviroment, game pack and ui package. Do they have to be installed too?
I installed a mod for the tracks to have the real sponsors.
Thanks for the help.

And in the Base Modular Mod I find folders for enviroment, game pack and ui package. Do they have to be installed too?
Well, of course, why else would I include those?
And without, the modular mods would not even be loaded.
You could keep the ui package out, it is cosmetics for the start_screen.erp, though. The environment is for possible use of MoreDRS/NoDRS mods.
I installed a mod for the tracks to have the real sponsors.
Yeah, me, too, no worries there - doesn't get affected. (if using any DRS mod, just make sure you use the assetgroup files from MoMods base, not from the sponsor mod, if it is included there.)

Last edited:
Realistic Damage Mod
You have to adjust the vtf/xml file then yourself. Because a swapped car has different chassis values and suspension render positions. So one cannot use the F1 team's realistic damage file, because of the performance (engine/aero) change; and also not for fom_car/myteam because of the different chassis/render :D

With the MODS that you have done on DRS, is it possible to increase the detection zone time? for example that at 2 seconds difference it can be activated.

Thanks, your contributions are great.

Hi,
I don't seem to get any .erp files at all. Not to sure how to follow the English version as I may have the Spanish version of the Season 2021 mod, I have installed the Base Mod that you mention is required. Thanks in advance.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%