Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement]

Misc Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
ParkYongLee submitted a new resource:

Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] - This mod is the base for my [Modular Mods] system, for easy c&p mod using w/o overwriting game files

Description:

This mod is the base for my [Modular Mods] system, where the goal is to be easily able to copy & paste, add and remove mods into F1 2020 without overwriting original files or losing trace of active mods.​

Requirement:

As base part of [Modular Mods], every mod that has [Modular Mods] written in the title or description must have these base files...​

Read more about this resource...

I will change and update my other existing mods to fit the new modular system. This will happen today. I will also release the reverse grid mod later.
For fomswap files, I will wait for feedback due to performance effects in used video memory.

I'm guessing but am not sure if it's a troll or true. There is a review stating it is crashing his game.

Well, I am playing fine with all it - so if anyone is experiencing a crash with just this base ... (Why?)
Tell me if you are playing in DX11 and if removing the start_screen.erp from the _ACTIVE folder resolves it.

Again, I have no issues at all. I would not publish a mod that would crash a game on loadingscreen, if I would be aware of such a problem, lol.

Maybe he tried playing online ... no comment on that :D

Do you have more pics of this?
Like what exactly? I mean it is just the base, a folder, a subfolder and two changed assetgroup files (one for cosmetics, not really needed) for the real modular mods to be loaded and working completely modular.
What kind of pictures to you intend to see? It is like an lucky-go-easy manual mod managing with mods I released and will add to this pool.

Last edited:
ParkYongLee updated Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] with a new update entry:

fixed infinite loading screen, when removing the start_screen.erp

If you do not like the new modded start screen and want to use others or the default, replace the start_screen.erp in _ACTIVE with the small file start_screen.erp from _Modular_Mods, else the game will endlessly trying to look for the start_screen.erp ...

I'm sorry for that issue, I did not test that simple case, but as the file is set...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ParkYongLee updated Modular Mods - Base Files [Modular Mods Requirement] with a new update entry:

- updated the assetgroup file for "MyTeam for All Teams" usage

Changelog 1.1:
  • updated the assetgroup file for MyTeam for All Teams usage
  • added a green chromish Safety Car mod for fun (inactive)
  • added brighter steering wheel LEDs for F1 and F2 (inactive)
  • added an entry for tyrecompound as modular usage

updated the assetgroup file for MyTeam Livery & Package template

Changelog 1.2:
  • updated the assetgroup file for MyTeam Livery & Package template

Mate awesome job, love this,

Do you think you can do templates for Driver Suits, Team Racecrew, pits, umbrellas etc, Team Emblems, ai driver helmets?
It would be technically possible, but no, I am not going to create those. It is a bunch of work to do for something I myself never use or change.
Also since it comes with loading textures from multiple erp, it will be different than for cars. So the video memory usage might be overkill if used for all teams.

For F1 Team Emblems, I will do it. To replace general texture files is easier to handle than to do it for things like driver suits, that are being loaded originally from multiple erp archives.

Last edited:
It would be technically possible, but no, I am not going to create those. It is a bunch of work to do for something I myself never use or change.
Also since it comes with loading textures from multiple erp, it will be different than for cars. So the video memory usage might be overkill if used for all teams.

For F1 Team Emblems, I will do it. To replace general texture files is easier to handle than to do it for things like driver suits, that are being loaded originally from multiple erp archives.
Is there anyway you can describe to me exactly how to make the templates so I can make my own?

Is there anyway you can describe to me exactly how to make the templates so I can make my own?
If you can understand this:

ERP_HEX_Tutorial.png

We could talk about it, else forget it ;-)

E: 2023, updated the graphics

Last edited:

added ui_teams_logos.erp and ui_drivers_nationality_flags.erp

Changelog 1.4:
  • added ui_teams_logos.erp and ui_drivers_nationality_flags.erp to the inactive mod pool, which can be used to change F1 team logos and nationality flags.
View attachment 453121

Might be useful for F1 2021 season mods, or in general.

Future Updates:
I might release a modular mod, that creates the easy possibility to use F1 2019 chassis, without using any F1 2019 content in the mod itself. Not sure about it yet :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years