Mods

Fellow Drivers,
I have not installed mods in sometime, I'm wondering if someone could give me some pointers. Or better yet, show me how to getter done that be even better. I tried searching for mods car/track install instructions for Stock Car Extreme but no luck...

Thank You,
Bart

Pretty much all mods are drag and drop installations, ie. you're copying files into the main directory of the game installation. Within the zip files will be a full folder structure that puts all the files into the various folders they need to go into.

I would suggest that you're careful what mods you install, there are some out there that just are not up to Reiza's standard and have poor FFB. On the other hand there are many tracks that have been converted and updated by skilled modders and they are well worth adding to the game.

First make a desktop folder then extract mod to it with Winrar/Winzip
Cut files from folder, ie: gamedata ect & paste to main directory
Tracks paste to locations :)
Why do you guys insist on making this more complicated? :confused:

Open the main directory for the game. Open the zip file. Have the zip file window next to the directory window. Drag files into directory. Say yes to overwrites.

Most mods are packaged so that they can literally be dumped (emphasis on the casual nature of dumping) into the main directory. Most modders are doing anything they can to make this whole thing easier for everybody, especially those sheepish about it.

Just remember. Drag and Drop. *whisper* drag and drop.

Well after several tries no luck, I have tried all of above. I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that the game was purchased via Steam or not. After install the cars are not showing up in the menu, not sure where to go from here... :roflmao:

I have installed several mods into AC without any issue. I'm not exactly illiterate in this department, but this particular sim is giving me problems.

Last edited:
not showing up in the menu,
Which menu is that?

Are you going in to the game via the "All Tracks and Vehicles" menu? You'd have to use the yellow arrows (that nobody ever sees) in this pic:
maxresdefault.jpg

There are several different kind of mods.

Some have their own menu screen (Blancpain, Porsche vs. Ferrari...), others are only selectable by accessing the "All cars" menu.

But in the beginning i also messed up putting the mods in the right folders.
Now i basically extract all mods into the main game folder and it usually works ;)

For mods, if you see in the .rar a gamedata and a rfm folder, put both in the root directory of the game and overwrite. Arrows will navigate among the cars.
For tracks, if you see a folder with a track name, you have to put It in gamedata/locations folder.
If you see a gamedata folder, put It in the root directory of the game and overwrite.

But first, find the root folder. Something like steam/steamapps/common/ etc, dont have It in mind

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%