Mods that may appear as a straight release for rFactor 2

With WSGT2 confirmed for rFactor 2 already, which other mods, planned for rFactor 1, do people feel are likely to spill over the release date of rFactor 2 and as such be released for that exclusively or alongside?

Big hitters coming up over the next few months:

V8Factor Unleashed
F193 Historic F1SR
Enduracers Service Packs
HistoriX 2
DRM 2
F1 94 CTDP
Prototype C VLM

Which of these do you think will make their debut in rFactor 2? Any others I've forgotten?

The downside for me with the current rFactor is that 90% of the mods is old converted crap from games that are a decade old. I love the original content that has been created the last two years for sure. Modding teams that take the time to release a mod and only go for quality get my vote.

Hasty releases for ego-boosting that we see far to often I don't need in rF2. I really hope that there will be quality check system for rF2

- A mod gets uploaded to a central place where everybody can test it
- A good rated mod gets official approval
- Mod is made available for everybody (auto update system a la iracing)

Indeed, keep on dreaming :D

The downside for me with the current rFactor is that 90% of the mods is old converted crap from games that are a decade old. I love the original content that has been created the last two years for sure. Modding teams that take the time to release a mod and only go for quality get my vote.

Hasty releases for ego-boosting that we see far to often I don't need in rF2. I really hope that there will be quality check system for rF2

- A mod gets uploaded to a central place where everybody can test it
- A good rated mod gets official approval
- Mod is made available for everybody (auto update system a la iracing)

Indeed, keep on dreaming :D

I watched a interview with ISI's Gjon by Virtualr yesterday. It's a older one but I hadn't seen it before. The point is it seams that what your saying here is also something that ISI want to try and clean things up. More to stop all the mismatches that all these updates are causing. It's very hard to just go on any server and race these days. Get mismatches to often. Some update you don't know about for the track or mod. The idea of having a central base were mods, Tracks and updates or patches can be sorted and tested before public server havoc starts to rF2 would be a good idea but the downside is who gets to control this? Simraceway?? There had to be a reason for them taking over every thing like they did. With iRacing keeping control is easy. You have to use their servers. You pay them for every thing so as soon as you connect to their server your updated before you can continue into a race session. Simple. Not a member so I really don't know but this seam the logical way of doing updates.

The only way for rF2 to have this feature is by paying for it. rF2 with a auto update feature setup vigour matchmaker perhaps? Or all off us use SimSync. Some leagues use this. It needs to be installed on the server and your PC. Then you use it to Sync your rFactor install to the server.

I don't mind paying a monthly subscribtion to an auto update service if that ensures top notch quality and no more mismatches :) If ISI needs a ****load of bandwith for a good prize they can send me an email as I know a good address :)

I think we all would like to know that :) What I never understood Arnold, how can you make a mod for rFactor 2 when you don't know how the actual game will look?
It's very easy - all modelling is done outside the game which is 70% of the work - just make the models high-poly and then you can take detail out as you require.

Then 'all' that needs doing is getting the models in-game, which is a tricky and fiddly but comparitively easy job, physics work and integrating sounds - which you will already have but will be unsure of the way the game mixes and uses them.

I've read a very interesting suggestion from a guy about the tyres.

He said would be great to have certain default tyres for each car type the modders can use, so at the end all mods use realistic and "certified" tyres in their mods, they just build the cars.

I think is a cool idea because a good tyre model is basic to have a good mod.

Cya!,

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years