Mods and licenses?

Hello Guys,

I am quite new here, but not new to sim racing.
To be honest I registered because I need a professional answer from people who are working on mods. And here in the RaceDepartement I think I can get a useful answer.

My question is whether or not it is legal to "convert" cars from GTR² or GTL to GTR EVO. I read the Q&A Interview RCS where SimBin answers some questions and states what they are not going to intervene if the question is about converting content from "old" to "new". But all in all because of license issues they are not directly allowing it.

So, what do you think? Or does anyone exactly what is allowed or not?

I was thinking about this because the league in which I am driving is going to change the simulation, using next season GTR EVO. And we would really appreciate to include the PTSIMS Addon which contains Ferraris, Maseratis and Lambos.

Regards

Michael

Well if you do use the PTSims addon, nobody is going to stop you. It even has its own thread on the RSC forums which are considered the official forums by Simbin.

Originally Simbin was completely against these conversions but they eventually announced that they would allow conversions from older to newer games.
I guess because them not allowing the conversions certainly didn't stop them from happening anyway, and it would balance out all the illegal conversions going the other way.

mmb83, any other questions with regards to mods, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out or point you to the right person or direction :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.4%