F1 2013 Modifying ai_track.xml files

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
For F1 2013, does anyone know how to modify the ai_track.xml files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\tracks\circuits\melbourne\route_0\era_2013?

I know how to convert the files to readable format, but I'm not understanding how to manipulate the gate parameters and coordinates.

I swear at one point I remember seeing someone who made a program to load the track files, and you could visually see the AI's racing line, or the track limit coordinates...something like that...anyone remember anything like that?

TL;DR - I'm working to prevent the AI from backing out so easily when trying to overtake (F1 2013 is the latest F1 game my poor little laptop can handle, so in my spare time I'm trying to make it more challenging for the player.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a hand

Not sure who's looking at this thread anymore for F1 2013, but I've successfully made a proof of concept that makes the AI not back out when trying to overtake.

This involves modifying the gates in the ai_track files. The problem I'm having is "seeing" what I'm doing with the gates.

My question - does anyone know what makes the gates visible in the Young Drivers Test? If we can find that out, hopefully we can then make all gates visible, and then I'll be able to see what the heck I'm doing.

Thoughts?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years