Modification of G27 shifter buttons

Hi,

I have bought myself a G27. Its a great device for race games. It looks good except for the buttons. I have painted the buttons on the spokes in silver. Thats much better.
The thing i would really like to do is to change the 4 red shifter buttons into switches. Does somebody know if this is possible?

I think he meant is it possible to use toggle-able switches.. maybe.

Which is an interesting subject concerning the Matrices of the shifter or G27 in general (can you push all 4 buttons down and still use every other function of the G27). Also, most games require external scripting if you want to say toggle up a switch and have headlights come on. For example in rFactor, it is looking for a momentary ON and toggles internally (like using a button or key press). So you would need an external script (autohotkey most likely) that when it detects joy button 84 is ON to momentarily send one arbitrary keypress to your game. Then when joy button 84 is no longer ON it would have to send that same keypress again to shut the lights off.

Using momentary switches is the same as having buttons so that is a definite yes it will be fine. I have actually requested the ability to use external toggles to the ISI people on the ISI forums concerning rFactor 2.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/92-rF2-Wishlist-Various-Sources

Upvote 0
true didnt think of that,
but trying to fix it with a script you would still have the same problem wouldnt you because the buttons would cause the lock up internaly in the shifter, you would need to make a curcuit internaly so the switch would just work like a button, or make a swtch type mount ontop of the exisiting buttons so when you flick the switch it just push's the existing buttons!

Upvote 0
I have "solved" my problem. I have bought the VRinsight toggle & tact switch panel. I have bought it for DCS Black shark but now i have also configured it for the Race On serie, which works very nice!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years