RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I think Spa is a more physical track than say Road America, I noticed we had a few more no shows and DNF's. I would like for your feedback as to the *Special* Multiclass 90 minute races as to understand what, if anything, I can do to ensure we can get larger, more diversified grids.
I realize last minute real life comes in, and I am not busting anyone's stones. Just want to bring the best variety. Thanks.

90 minutes too long?
Three classes too many?
Cars, Track or combo just wasn't my thing?

As long as the class fits the track, it's all good. Not to long ago I saw an FR2 race at Laguna Sega posted and I was like, "no F'in way". That's a terrible combo.

The multiclass thing is rough though. Too many blue flag situations that could cause some guys to get upset at slower class cars.

As long as the class fits the track, it's all good. Not to long ago I saw an FR2 race at Laguna Sega posted and I was like, "no F'in way". That's a terrible combo.
Out of curiosity, what would make FR2 at Laguna Seca a poor combo choice? They race everything from minis to IndyCar there.

Couldn't even get the game the start earlier. But I do think that was due to the update not updating. Tried again an hour later and it was fine.:geek:
And now I see there is a bigger problem. Of all the times why now. I hope it gets fixed. ;)As I do love this combo.:thumbsup:

It wasn't me but I heard the comment. I haven't seen any empirical evidence either way and I don't drive consistently enough to be able to tell if the fuel load is making any difference or not. I would think that it's only relevant to the top tier "aliens" where every thousandth of a second counts. I just play it safe by running quali with a light fuel load and fill the tank for the race start to save time on the pit stops. If no pit stop required I calculate the required fuel load and add 2 laps worth.
I can say that running a light fuel load during quali never got me a faster lap than on any leaderboard. But On some cars more fuel makes it more stable. That’s what I have noticed

Sorry about that - I try to stay out of the way of faster drivers. The blue flag alert always causes me to tense up.

No worries at all. Really. We were racing and you did not try to do something stupid, you got on the grass and lost control. Hell, I know I bumped someone coming out of Le Source and going into Eau-Rouge on the first lap and if not outright put them into the wall made them scrape the wall. I also know I hit P3 from behind while we were both going into the Bus Stop.

Both times I did something stupid: The first time I did not even see the car beside me and squeezed him into the wall as I drifted right to get an angle on Eau-Rouge. The second time I was gaining on P3 and had the inside line, but not the position. I failed to account for loss of aero and slid right into him.

What you did was excusable. What I did was, as I stated before, stupid.

Last edited:
This was my first multi-class race. I enjoyed it!
90 minutes was a long time though.

In the league I currently race in our races are usually 90 minutes with the longer races (Le Mans, Spa and Daytona) being 2.4 hours long. We did Sebring last season and set it at 2 hours. 90 minutes is a sprint race to me.

It wasn't me but I heard the comment. I haven't seen any empirical evidence either way and I don't drive consistently enough to be able to tell if the fuel load is making any difference or not. I would think that it's only relevant to the top tier "aliens" where every thousandth of a second counts. I just play it safe by running quali with a light fuel load and fill the tank for the race start to save time on the pit stops. If no pit stop required I calculate the required fuel load and add 2 laps worth.

It was me that made that claim. Both last night and at RA I tried turning laps with 5 gallons instead of a full tank and was no faster, no matter how hard I tried. For me just pounding laps in practice, finding the quicker line and the best marks, worked best for me.

Oh, one other thing: I was able to gain a few tenths by watching Bock practice. He was using a lot more of the kerbs than I was in practice so I started following his line, especially the line out of Paul Frere. He was putting two tires on the green at the approach and was able to carry more speed through the apex. I tried it and took 2/10ths off my time. Used the same line through the race.

In the league I currently race in our races are usually 90 minutes with the longer races (Le Mans, Spa and Daytona) being 2.4 hours long. We did Sebring last season and set it at 2 hours. 90 minutes is a sprint race to me.

One driver for 2.4 hours? Wow, I'd have to wear a "piddle pack". :roflmao:

Well this time I'm sure it's a 40 minute race, so I'm in. Thanks for including all the years so we don't have to buy the new DTM. @sc4dr I'm looking forward to a good fight, haven't seen one in a few weeks, gettin real tired of missing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back