• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US Modern DTM @ Hockenheimring GP - Tue Sep 3 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Aug 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 03-09-19
  1. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +772
    Well, I'm :poop: in these cars but was going to sign up anyway until Dorian turned our way. We're almost dead center in the projected track and it's supposed to hit here Monday AM and not be gone until late Tuesday so I'll have to pass on this one. If by some miracle it turns or things change I'll jump in.

2. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I don’t know about you being poopy in these cars. I chased you on the leader board last night, you and Toban, for a good bit till I caught you. I hope Dorian (my wife’s name funny enough) steers away from you though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    @sc4dr you must be running quite a bit more downforce than me. I keep pulling away from your ghost by 0.6 through the first two sectors, then you go all the way down to 0.5 under in the last three turns.

4. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    :thumbsup:
    Be safe Mike, we'll see you soon!:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I think my ghost is with a default setup. I tried a bunch of different settings, and I was faster with stock. It's still early, so that might change!

At least on this track, everything I've learned from the other cars I've raced is pretty much out the window!

6. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    This is another car I cannot seem to get up to speed in. Gonna try to hammer out a good number of laps to get used to the car and track then go for time. I may do a race with the AI just to get the laps in. Otherwise I am gonna have to rely upon a steely gaze and cat-like reflexes to stay competitive.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. David DeGreef

David DeGreef

Ratings:
    +644

8. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I’m with Greg, even though I have set a couple decent laps, they are not consistent at all. Last night I’d never cussed at the monitor that much before. I ended up stepping out of my rig in pure disgust! Lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. David DeGreef

David DeGreef

Ratings:
    +644
    On second thought maybe you can't :roflmao:

10. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    try Glock's deutsche post livery, i was faster in it
    not to mention +100 to blocking

• Haha Haha x 2
  11. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    So I'm batting around the idea of starting at the back of the grid by not qualifying. I can do that right? @David DeGreef

12. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    Sure, but in a lot of cases it leads to unnecessary accidents and some bad blood. I'm myself against it, in pretty much every club event difference in pace between last and first place is massive, which may lead to contact caused by different racing lines. Of course that doesnt always happen and in itself can produce some interesting challenge and show

13. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Well, I did think of that. I'm not the kind of racer that tries to push through the pack at the start, and with a 40 min race I have time to just work my way through. I'm pretty patient usually. I'm just worried if I don't do the qualifier it would boot me or something stupid like that. I don't see anywhere in setup to add ballast. Is that even possible?

14. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I don't feel this way anymore. I'm actually really feeling them now (what a car!), that's why I feel like I need to do something to even the playing field a bit. I will leave it up to you guys. If the majority wants to slow me up so be it. We will figure out the best method to achieve it.

15. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    It was all a joke (atleast i hope so), and about quali, yes you can ignore it

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I know there is some ribbing going on, but also some truth.....

I don't want to make any ones butt sore! I don't have to win, just want to race hard, There is a difference!!!

17. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    Go as fast as you can :coffee:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. brc19

brc19
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    @sc4dr Drive it like you stole it. ;)

19. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    in.

• Love Love x 1
  20. emarchena

emarchena
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    I always forgot about DRS :cool: I'll be sure to configure it and most important use it

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.