Modding the Motorsport Manager

Hey guys,

I have got a few messages now, asking what it is about modding the Motorsport Manager. It is a few days out now and I think it is a really good game.. except the licensing. The game is made with Unity, so the graphic and many text files of this game are in .assets files in the main folder. Good news is, that the files are openable and editable. Somebody already get into the files too? Please let me know. I tested some things yesterday, screens below. More info's soon..

Motorsport Manager Reality Pack Version 1.1 DOWNLOAD

Changes I have done:

- correct names for all F1 Teams
- correct names for all F1 Drivers including reserve drivers and Team bosses
- correct Logos for all F1 Teams
- correct birthdays and countrys for teams and drivers
- correct F1 Logo
- no women drivers for all series, Women fake names changed
- correct Menu and TV Screen colours for all teams

Note:
Renault is not included yet, because there is a team limit of 10. It is Version 1.0, so be patient about updates and please let me know if there are mistakes in edited names and logos.

Download V. 1.1:http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8ats2jcmbngsjd/MM+Reality+Pack+1.1.rar

20161117003724_1.jpg
20161117003906_1.jpg
20161117003651_1.jpg

Last edited:
We finished a 2015 Mod including:

- F1 2015 Teams and Drivers
- GP2 2015 Teams and Drivers
- Formula 3 Euroseries Teams and Drivers
Additional Drivers from DTM, Formula E, etc.
- All Teamlogos (F1,GP and F3)
- 62 Sponsors (RealLogos and RealNames)
- Pirelli Tyre Texture

Things to do:

Rework videos for Teams and Series and some small changes on Logos!

Release on Friday 18.11

Preview are BETA

20161115202042_1.jpg
20161115202044_1.jpg
20161115202212_1.jpg
20161115202251_1.jpg
20161115202332_1.jpg
20161115202349_1.jpg

- Pirelli Tyre Texture

Things to do:

Release on Friday 18.11

Preview are BETA

View attachment 160103 View attachment 160104 View attachment 160105 View attachment 160106 View attachment 160107 View attachment 160108

Very nice work...

I am interested to know if 1) how easy is it to modify cars and designs and starting stats... I kinda wanted my team from Motorsport Manager Mobile game to be inserted in the current game ;) but have been spending too much time playing and not looked at properly modding it yet..

2) can you change the starting rules in the championships (including the tracks order in each championship) Because having different starting conditions would massively vary new playthroughs - as the rules have massive impacts on strategies all short/mid/long term strategies.

2) can you change the starting rules in the championships (including the tracks order in each championship) Because having different starting conditions would massively vary new playthroughs - as the rules have massive impacts on strategies all short/mid/long term strategies.

The rules will vary quite a lot through the playthroughs, as the rule-votings are different.

Car Design it self is a little bit tricky atm. Everything else is easy to change, but lot of work!
You can change rules etc. But we dont want to edit too much on these things. There is a risk to change the balancing too much!

Car Design it self is a little bit tricky atm. Everything else is easy to change, but lot of work!
You can change rules etc. But we dont want to edit too much on these things. There is a risk to change the balancing too much!

how did you change the names of the teams and drivers? when I edit them, some names are not visible in the game for example team names.

UPDATE: already got it ;)

Last edited:

- Pirelli Tyre Texture

Things to do:

Release on Friday 18.11

Preview are BETA

View attachment 160103 View attachment 160104 View attachment 160105 View attachment 160106 View attachment 160107 View attachment 160108
How did you edit the GP2 and 3 teams and drivers, when i edit them the game crash, i could edit all f1 teams and drivers and logos and was fine, confused?

The rules will vary quite a lot through the playthroughs, as the rule-votings are different.

You missed what I was asking. What I was after, is can you change the rules in your first season with modding? I.e., I believe GP3 has qualifying... But the default tier 3 has reverse grids... I wondered if that latter rule could be swapped to have a qualifying rule, such that it reflects gp3 better.

Obviously, over time the rules can change, but it's the starting rules I was talking about.

When you say 'can change the rules'... Do you mean swapping rules in and out... Or do you actually mean Editing the rules... I was asking about the first, but reading between the lines, are you saying the latter is possible and you can edit rules in their entirety.

I will have to look into modding this soon. ATM, the AI uses quite a predictable and unoptimisable tyre strategy, they tend to use two compounds of tire (mainly when using 40% fuel tanks! but also in 80% often too) but often, you can happily do the same stints as them, but stay on the softest tyre without a problem... The AI burns through their tires a little quicker too. it's a minor issue, but does need a little balancing.

In actuality, it seems my tyres don't wear much at all. And the starting Chassis Supplier parts seem to be underpowered... I.e., you can choose the cheapest in tyre wear and heat transfer, making a really cheap car, and I can't tell the tyre wear difference to if I had selected the very best tyre wear and heat suppliers,,,

Last edited:
Motorsport Manager Reality Pack Version 1.0

Changes I have done:

- correct F1 Logo

Note:
Renault is not included yet, because there is a team limit of 10. It is Version 1.0, so be patient about updates and please let me know if there are mistakes in edited names and logos.

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2gwuxgayc63d53/MMF1+Names&Logos+1.0.rar

20161116171427_1.jpg

Last edited:
Motorsport Manager Teams & Names Version 1.0

Changes I have done:

- correct F1 Logo

Note:

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2gwuxgayc63d53/MMF1+Names&Logos+1.0.rar

View attachment 160231
Is it possible to switch teams Max and Kyvat? still awsome mod!

You missed what I was asking. What I was after, is can you change the rules in your first season with modding? I.e., I believe GP3 has qualifying... But the default tier 3 has reverse grids... I wondered if that latter rule could be swapped to have a qualifying rule, such that it reflects gp3 better.

Obviously, over time the rules can change, but it's the starting rules I was talking about.

Just to be extremely pedantic, that's not what was written in what I answered too, that was just regarding playthroughs ;)

Motorsport Manager Reality Pack Version 1.0
Quick work! Not bad, I'll pass on it so far, as I'd like to get my original-game file "done" first :)
Also, so far it sounds like the main focus is F1, and not all the rest :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%