GRID Autosport Modding Questions

someone know where i could find the files for the class logos?
Screenshot (2).png

Pretty new here but i was wondering, does anybody know how i can open .nefs files?
I would like to open the sprint.nefs and get the routes and rest of okutama mizu mountain files in that folder..
Can someone help?
And if someone can do it himself that would be awesome as well!

i think its been possibru for some time this year. google :ninja:
drifting on mizu mountain at night has been great :D

So I wasted my time (apparently) by making the Indianapolis oval look proper. No stupid averts, no incorrect tire barriers, no crap on pit road, etc. but I see there is no way to export from 3DSimEd to GRID Autosport.

I know the names of all of the objects I want to remove...is there a way to unpack the objects.pssg file, remove the references to those objects, and then repack, or is this only possible with cars?

my memory may be off but in the route_x folder of your desired track there is a file called ornament_attributes.xml that u can remove lines of text that probably reference the objects, which removes them. I don't believe it contains everything only some or most stuff.
Hmm I have done further random testing on removing undesired objects and it seems possible to remove everything and leave the track bare kinda (terrain seems visible still)

On an unrelated note, I'd be careful edting lighting_night/day since modification of some line/s glitches the game where the game renders grass on the road/terrain. <-- Could be the main factor why as it could be a combination of texture/other xml editing at the same time.

Hello to all guys I'm trying 3dsimed import the file PSSG xxx_highLOD I modify it, and so far so good. I can not asalvare again PSSG with your changes. Can someone help me?

Can someone stop the AI being like tanks?
They definitely need to be made lighter and the impact of them needs to have a much smaller effect.
I cannot play this game due to the AI making me fly of the track just from a tap

Hello. I just found out yesterday that there are or was a modding community for Grid. I have been modding for other games like Quake, Lotrbfme, and Bf1942. Grid I think is the best multiplayer racing game this century. It supports windows xp and up to later windows. It have LAN game. The steam version works in LAN with the dvd version. It even runs fine on old agp graphics. And It supports multimonitor setups. And SLI and crossfire. I just cant find any fun racing game that does all this. And last but most important. It is almost perfect for "drunk driving" on partys with newbies and experienced drivers. It is only one thing missing as I see it. There are no AI cars in LAN. So my question is, Is it possible to make a mod for this? Can any body tell me how to do it? Or is there any one that can make it?

i remember seeing on the older grid games that there was a mod where you could drive drift cars on any track, would love to see the same on Autosport too, i find it a bit annoying to have so few track on the drift mode as well as would be nice to do some high speed drifting SO PLEASE MAKE IT A REALITY !!!!

Any chance we can get an acat MoD for this game. I think that'd increase the gameplay.
On other matters, what's that seaside+tunnels-through-mountains circuit you get to race on early in career mode with the hot hatches? Its very interesting and I'd like to revisit it though I can't locate it. And I don't know the name too. Any help?

Is there around a/the high res cockpit mod? I thought my videocard was acting up and not loading textures properly...then to discover that the game is using 1998 textures for cockpits... I mean, I've been warned that they aren't the best cockpits around...but damn painting them all black with a random carbon-like normal map would've been better!

Hello! I'm new to the modding community for Grid Autosport, and i'm having some problems to open some files. I extracted the contents of the game.dat file using NeFS Edit, but I can't open a file named b_nonpersistent.pssg using Ego PSSG Editor (12.1.0 by the way). To be honest none of the PSSG files are opening. I get an error: "The program could not open this file! This file is improperly saved and not supported by this version of PSSG Editor. Get an older version of the program if you wish to take out its contents, but put it back together using this program and the original version of pssg file". Well, i've tried every older version of PSSG Editor and none of them works. Some XML files also don't open even using EGO File Converter. Anyways, I hope someone could help me, i'm really excited to mod this game but i'ts really difficult.

Hello,

I am new to modding but I had an idea to create a free cam mod for the game Grid Autosport such that it can be controlled using keys during replays. I wanted to move the camera around the circuit.
Is there anyone who can share some knowledge on this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back