GRID 2 Modding Questions

hi all i was trying work why game did not look great at 1920 x 1080 on Ultra setting so was looking round net next found this it not for this game but made by same people it a Ultra High LOD mod for f1 i copy sum file over in game the game look bloody great u try your self it called : F1 2012 Ultra High LOD&Settings MOD by Acura he done great job make game look just dreamy, the car look better and game better on the eyes.

Attachments

• F1 2012 Ultra High MOD.jpg
    F1 2012 Ultra High MOD.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 516

60FPS HQ Video - 587MB

Mod-edit: you can share your modding projects here. This thread is for WIP only.

GRID2 BayetasMod 0.4 PC - GRID2 Bayeta's Immersive Mod by Milincho

BayetasMod tested in a Fanatec GT2 Wheel (FW 756 - 540º)

Completed cars:

- Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special
- Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero S15
- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S TT 2Seater
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde

Completed circuits/stages:

- Indianapolis
- Miami

BayetasMod features:

1. New physics and car settings/handling for higher realism
This feature disables the game Save feature due to Codemasters impossed modding restrictions, so the game will be much more realistic (and hard) but you will not be able to save your progress if you use it.

If you don't like it you can help signing our official Petition to Codemasters:
http://www.change.org/petitions/codemasters-give-modding-community-full-support-for-grid2

2. 16 new Immersive Camera Views + Replay cameras

3. Improved lighting and visuals rendering.
Lots of changes both in locations and cameras settings for a more realistic look.
Softer lens flares, adjusted colour balance, tonemap, DoF, motion blur, distortion, bloom, dust, streaks, etc.

4. Optimized HQ Settings for top visuals quality and performance (+60fps @ 2880x1440 - Radeon7970)

5. Improved ForceFeedback for wheels. (You may need to recalibrate your ingame FFB strengths balance using it, but this FFB is MUCH more realistic using a wheel)

6. TrackIR support. Works too during Flashbacks and in realtime during Replays.
There is a special camera support in Cameras 4, 5 and 6 (Extreme Immersive with strength 1-2-3) that allows to use a control to turn the head back smoothly while using TrackIR all the time to look backwards.

7. No Engineer speech during the race.

8. Auto reset remover. (free roaming)

9. Realistic used tyres textures.

10. No Intro logo videos.

If you like this mod and would like it to be improved leave your comments and suggestions. Any kind of constructive feedback will be appreciated.

Please help us modders signing our official Petition to Codemasters:
http://www.change.org/petitions/codemasters-give-modding-community-full-support-for-grid2

Thanks and best regards to Ryder25, TonyR, Axel, Siroja, Kris Vickers, the people at Racedepartment.com , NoGripRacing.com , EgoCamEditor developer, ModdersCams V1.2 creators and all modders that contributed to this result.

The v0.4 of BayetasMod will be available for download in just a few days, just need to polish some minor stuff.

See you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was wondering if anyone could find a way to add the map Indianapolis Oval Circuit to a Grid 2 game that was not pre-ordered. It's a great track to test cars with and I really want it!

Thanks

I think the files for DLC cars are in GRID 2/download folder.
The problem is that those are packed in one .nefs file for each car and i still couldn't figure out how to unpack them.

LOL I Got it in my head a couple of weeks ago to try n edit the .nefs ,, file I finally realized after 2 days its not possible you need a 360 dev kit,,,,,,,,,,,

wow...that exactly what i mean....nobody know how to do this???

You need RYDER , PSSG Mods just type in google RYDER , Then you need photoshop CS6 To edit the files you also need plugins from nvidia,,,, You can also use 3DSimedtor 30k I have this I see on utube people using it but photoshop easier for me anyway,,,

I'm getting crazy * gg *
I want to make images transparent sponsors, but how does that work with PS? But is determined again on the alpha channel, I have meanwhile learned hate :)
Or is there already a mod that hides the sponsors, or am I missing an option that allows me no sponsors to ride on my car?

Download Adobe Fireworks CS6 ,,,,,,,,, Just open up any jpeg or image ,use the magic wand delete the background as save as .png ,,,,,,,or for example you want sponsors with a transparent background ,,,,,,,,,, just type ,,,,,,,,, grid 2 logo png ,,,,,,,,,,,,, the top results should all have a transparent background,,,,,,,,,,,

HI guys new to posts and forums but would love to see someone make or show me how to make a mod for the AI cars physics. Hitting them is like hitting a house, they don't move off their line yet you bounce around like a pinball at the slightest touch, especially when they decide to plow you out the way if you brake too early. I would do this myself as i can mod bethesda and rockstar games but never touched a codemasters game so not sure??? thanks in advance! :)

CM's announcement of the upcoming "Community Patch" changed the whole BayetasMod project.

This patch will allow saving using a different save file, so the main problem will be fixed for "full game" mods like our BayetasMod.

Thanks to that support (at last) we are expanding our BayetasMod project to a much wider extent and dedicating a lot more resources.

need some way to get rid of all AI cars so we can practice the tracks without them getting in the way :)

also longer drift session would be nice.. maybe 4-5 min

kind of anoying i spend most my time waiting for menus and load screens than driving.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back