Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made skins for the 12C and Z4 GT3 cars for the racing team me and my friend formed and on those cars I use logos from different companies and place them onto the car. Apparently when I shared my skin on Facebook, one of my friends screamed copyright and kinda warned me about it.

Should I really be worried about it?

Here are screenshots of the skin I made.
http://imgur.com/a/8yHQz

I've made skins for the 12C and Z4 GT3 cars for the racing team me and my friend formed and on those cars I use logos from different companies and place them onto the car. Apparently when I shared my skin on Facebook, one of my friends screamed copyright and kinda warned me about it.

Should I really be worried about it?

Here are screenshots of the skin I made.
http://imgur.com/a/8yHQz
Outside official racing leagues and for non-commercial use only no problem I'd say.

What is your problem exactly, can you elaborate please?
I see most tracks have their own set(s) of TV camera during replay. Where the camera pans to follow the "passing" car.

I would like to create on if possible. There's a few tracks that I'm obsessing on. Joux Plane, Transfagarasan North Hill, and Lake Louise Loop

So far I figured out the Free On-board Camera (F5).

AC app says there's 8 cameras you can set up, but, I don't know how to set it up.
Hope that helps.

Hi guys, I don't have much experience doing skins, so here I am (and will be pretty often). I made a skin for the Z4 GT3, but I didn't find a way to edit the parts that are rounded in red. Could you help me?
Showroom_bmw_z4_gt3_25-9-2014-17-49-17.jpg

Hello guys could anyone who has knowledge make a tutorial on how to convert a track (for my own without permision) from Rfactor or Rfcator 2 to Assetto Corsa, if there are already tutorials on that send me an link pls .... ty

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kunos encrypt the data on the cars they make.
yes I think this is accurate, I got more or less the same answer on the official forum as well.
With the data I could calculate the ideal spring & wheel rates, dampers, ARB settings, you name it - setup work would be much more clearly defined and targeted then.

The mod cars' data is free accessible of course, this constitutes are great repository for numbers ;)

I fail to see how having the physics files you would get "ideal spring rates, dampers, arb" etc. What do you want to know? Wheel rates and even damper settings are easy to estimate using one of the dev apps.

I fail to see how having the physics files you would get "ideal spring rates, dampers, arb" etc. What do you want to know? Wheel rates and even damper settings are easy to estimate using one of the dev apps.
Hi David, please tag me or quote my post, otherwise I don't get notified of your reply, I don't watch this thread.

On topic:
The physics files include instrinsic information for identifying & estimating the driving kinematics and driving dynamics of a car and provide key data points necessary for designing and calculating the 'ideal' setup for a particular car/track combination.

I want to know:
  • Look up tables for CL/CD for all aerodynamic parts for cross-reference with test results and setup calculations
  • Chord, Span values for wings
  • a car's polar inertia
  • Actual values (in SI units or imperial) for ARB, Dampers, Spring rates/Wheel rates
  • Motion ratios (!)
  • Suspension types (Torsion bar, DWB, etc)
  • Travel ranges, Packer ranges in units in setup screen
  • Bumpstop rates in units in setup screen
  • Toe values in units in setup screen
  • Tyres: wear curves, performance curves, angular intertia, base spring rate and spring rate gain per psi per tyre compound of front/rear, tyre flex, camber gain with slip angle, friction limit angle, ideal pressure value, hub mass
  • wheelbases
  • CG locations
for calculation/ empirical testing of:
  • CL/CD values dependant of AOA
  • Wing efficiencies
  • Rake angles
  • Spring rates, wheel rates
  • Roll gradients, roll rates, roll inertia of sprung mass
  • Damping ratios, damping curves
  • Transmissibility values
  • Pitch frequencies & ratios
  • Min/max slip angles
  • etc

Regarding "Wheel rates and even damper settings are easy to estimate using one of the dev apps",
what app are you refering to? (suspension app?) And how would you estimate wheel rates, damper settings or any other setup criteria using it?

I have a problem with the mod suits and gloves "DRIVER_Gloves.dds, DRIVER_Gloves.dds_NM, DRIVER_Suit2.dds.
In the earlier version to the 1.0 RC mod suits and gloves they gave me no problems, now that I've upgraded
me from the skin instead of the standard driver.

Can you give me a hand?

Hi David, please tag me or quote my post, otherwise I don't get notified of your reply, I don't watch this thread.

On topic:
The physics files include instrinsic information for identifying & estimating the driving kinematics and driving dynamics of a car and provide key data points necessary for designing and calculating the 'ideal' setup for a particular car/track combination.

I want to know:
  • Look up tables for CL/CD for all aerodynamic parts for cross-reference with test results and setup calculations
  • Chord, Span values for wings
  • a car's polar inertia
  • Actual values (in SI units or imperial) for ARB, Dampers, Spring rates/Wheel rates
  • Motion ratios (!)
  • Suspension types (Torsion bar, DWB, etc)
  • Travel ranges, Packer ranges in units in setup screen
  • Bumpstop rates in units in setup screen
  • Toe values in units in setup screen
  • Tyres: wear curves, performance curves, angular intertia, base spring rate and spring rate gain per psi per tyre compound of front/rear, tyre flex, camber gain with slip angle, friction limit angle, ideal pressure value, hub mass
  • wheelbases
  • CG locations
for calculation/ empirical testing of:
  • CL/CD values dependant of AOA
  • Wing efficiencies
  • Rake angles
  • Spring rates, wheel rates
  • Roll gradients, roll rates, roll inertia of sprung mass
  • Damping ratios, damping curves
  • Transmissibility values
  • Pitch frequencies & ratios
  • Min/max slip angles
  • etc

Regarding "Wheel rates and even damper settings are easy to estimate using one of the dev apps",
what app are you refering to? (suspension app?) And how would you estimate wheel rates, damper settings or any other setup criteria using it?

You have pretty much all that info in the dev apps, CL/CD values in the aero app, wing/body angles, ride frequencies and damping rates (car engineer app), etc. Slip curves were possible to check with the tyre app until the 1.0 RC build too.

Using the car engineer app, you have the car weight in kg, the front/rear ride frequencies, therefore you can get close values for wheel rates (AC only works directly with wheel rates, so forget about motion ratios), and the damping rates, which are % of critical damping. You can search this on google, the calcs behind this stuff is quite easy, but I don't know it from memory atm.

In any case, even knowing all this stuff, you won't make any ideal setup, every track needs different approaches, every driver has its own style, etc etc... best way to develop setups is the classic trial and error. At some point you will find some "sweet spot" of values for certain things, and won't take much time to adjust to each track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%