Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just old news (very old, like pre-release), the lap limit is 1 tank of fuel since there are no pitstops offline.
thanks for the reply, but how do you explain that, for the same car, the maximum number of laps varies for different tracks? So you suppose a GP2 car has a tank for just 10 laps in Monza?

Different tracks have different lap lengths, something like Silverstone National (1 minute laptimes) will allow more laps than Monza (2 minute laps)

If a specific car has issues, it's cause the fuel consumption hint is missing or wrong in the ui.json. (I think if it's missing you get 10 laps, if it's wrong you just get weird limits)

Last edited:
assettocorsa\content\cars\whatever_car_name\ui\ui_car.json
In particular you're looking at the
"specs":
{
}
One of the lines should be
"range": 150
Or something to that effect. This is the distance in km that the car can go on a full tank at race speeds. (game divides by track lap length, then rounds down, to decide how many laps to offer)

Best option if a mod is missing this is to go ingame, drive around for a few laps, and check the fuel estimation number of laps for a full tank - multiply by the circuit's length. Eg. if it's able to do 25 laps of Monza, 5.8km each, set "range":145.

i have a question in regards to skin/ livery editing: (please forgive if questions are stupid, real newbie with AC and skin/ livery creating)
- am currently working on a C7.R skin
- found many parts by creating a layer and painting all the parts in various colors (only way to find things, since there is no MAP/ guide to which part in skin.dds/ carpaint.dds is what on the actual car...yes some are easy.)
1) matte, metal or satin/ non metal effect get with adding or deleting occlusions layers and/ or levels adjustment? (contrast)
2) when saving DDS what do u use? DXT5 ARGB 8bpp interpol or 8.8.8.8 32bpp unsigned and with this what MIP Map Filtering? (mitchell? blackman?) generate mip maps? and then there is a drop down menu th numbers, how many 6? 13?
3) i have searched but not found, mechanic.dds, gloves, steering wheel, suit, crew, tires.dds...where are all these files for the cars? are these hidden files?

thank you all for your help and apologies for the newbie questions.

I found that I can't do the same lap times after the latest update because the cars are slower, this is what I did to bring them back up to speed, and if you need to unpack the data.acd file for the cars to get at the "innards" see my post here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/modding-questions-thread.91180/page-11#post-2114354

You don't even have to pack the files back up again, just put them in a folder called data and put it in the car directory and move or rename the data.acd file.

I had set a hot lap with the BMW Z4 GT3 and I couldn't get within 5 seconds of it after the update. So in the extracted data folder there is a file called power.lut, you can open it with a hex editor and in the ASCII section you should see this:

0|100.250|100.500|121.750|155.1000|191.1250|217.1500|240.1750|266.2000|275.2250|284.2500|290.2750|304.3000|323.3250|334.3500|344.3750|352.4000|366.4250|386.4500|396.4750|402.5000|396.5250|399.5500|402.5750|412.6000|417.6250|421.6500|415.6750|412.7000|411.7250|410.7500|406.7750|402.8000|393.8250|378.8500|363.8750|347.9000|328.9250|290.9500|0

Now taking the first entry - I100.250I that's 100 power units at 250 revs, the next one is 100 pu at 500 revs, then 121 pu at 750 revs and so on. So just adjust the power units figure for each rev range and your good to go.

Always do this on a backup file and not the original. Save the original in a safe location and put the backup back in the data folder. Remember to put the data.acd in a safe location also, you can't keep it in it's original location if you have the data folder present.

Hope this helps.

assettocorsa\content\cars\whatever_car_name\ui\ui_car.json
In particular you're looking at the
"specs":
{
}
One of the lines should be
"range": 150
Or something to that effect. This is the distance in km that the car can go on a full tank at race speeds. (game divides by track lap length, then rounds down, to decide how many laps to offer)

Best option if a mod is missing this is to go ingame, drive around for a few laps, and check the fuel estimation number of laps for a full tank - multiply by the circuit's length. Eg. if it's able to do 25 laps of Monza, 5.8km each, set "range":145.

Tried your solution, and it works. Thought to set the variable with higher values than the formula, so i can set a number of laps less than the maximum but realistic example monza 52 laps ...wahat do u think about it? btw, tx1k for your suggestion

hey guys is it possible to make track texture mods? I see some insanely low quality textures on some user made tracks and I want to update the textures myself. Where would the textures go?? Inside skins folder? maybe textures folder? I'm completely new to modding AC, I do have a load of experience witth ISI/Simbin engines, I dont know if anything in AC has the same structure.

I'm currently working on a drag car. Im still working on the biggest issue (slick tires) and it's coming along. I have zero experience in 3D design but I'll like to modify existing cars to have wider fenders and wheels alike to better suit the drag racing looks. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've downloaded blender and I honestly can't even get a file in the damn program.

A quick question for somebody in the know.Is it possible to take a track from say for example rfactor 2 ie Bathurst and convert it over for assetto corsa.If so what steps would have to be taken to do so. As Bathurst is a major track that assetto corsa is lacking and i'm sure there's a lot of people would love to see it ingame cheers

Hi everybody

I am quite new in skinning to AC. I made one Skwirk Audi skin a while ago, and have been making some skins for GSC. I wan't to make a mixed skin for AC where some part of the livery has to be matte. I know how to do it for GSC/rF but not for AC.

Does any of you know how to do it?

Br.
Allan

Hi everybody

I am quite new in skinning to AC. I made one Skwirk Audi skin a while ago, and have been making some skins for GSC. I wan't to make a mixed skin for AC where some part of the livery has to be matte. I know how to do it for GSC/rF but not for AC.

Does any of you know how to do it?

Br.
Allan
Depends on the car. Some cars like the nissan GT3 have a map that you can chose the reflection amount, but for most cars you dont know the name (The texture will always exist, the problem is knowing the name). So see the nissan gt3 for examples if you have DP1, you should understand the concept

A quick question for somebody in the know.Is it possible to take a track from say for example rfactor 2 ie Bathurst and convert it over for assetto corsa.If so what steps would have to be taken to do so. As Bathurst is a major track that assetto corsa is lacking and i'm sure there's a lot of people would love to see it ingame cheers
It is possible, but illegal, so you would never see it in forums like this or the official one (also needs a lot of work to convert a track)

It is possible, but illegal, so you would never see it in forums like this or the official one (also needs a lot of work to convert a track)

Yes i understand that im just saying as an example.As permission is obviously required first and then the effort.just putting the question out there. On a side note does anyone hows is it that AC's nords was put into to rf2 with out any ramifications?

Is proper 3D painting possible with Photoshop CS5? I tried it today, to get proper alignment for the logos on the F2002 template. I created a new layer with the logo in the 3D view, opened the main texture, created and selected an empty layer there. Placed the logo in 3D view, then merged it down. I got the logo on the previously empty layer of the main texture, however there also were a bunch of white, gray-ish and black pixels around it which shouldn't have been there.
Question is have I been doing something wrong, or does it just not go any better with CS5?

Is proper 3D painting possible with Photoshop CS5? I tried it today, to get proper alignment for the logos on the F2002 template. I created a new layer with the logo in the 3D view, opened the main texture, created and selected an empty layer there. Placed the logo in 3D view, then merged it down. I got the logo on the previously empty layer of the main texture, however there also were a bunch of white, gray-ish and black pixels around it which shouldn't have been there.
Question is have I been doing something wrong, or does it just not go any better with CS5?
CS5 Extended does works with proper 3d painting, so Im not sure whats causing the issue. Maybe the fact I made the template in CS6, but thats unlikely. I would try to:
-make the resolution of the 3d layer higher, and bringing the car closer to the camera
-use ortographic view
-try painting the 3d car with to the brush and see if it works. If so, the problem is in your end.

Keep in mind that 3d painting is used more to get an idea of proper alligment. Most of the times I merge a layer and replace it with a proper logo in the texture.

How can I (3D) paint on the white part on the helmet top which is on the helmet_2012 texture? Right now all the stuff ends up on the transparent texture.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    255.7 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back