MGP13 Modding Questions Thread

Thanks, I will give a try ;)

EDIT: just tried, I obtained a 21 MB file (texture was 2048x2048), while if I choose "DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha" I obtain a 5 MB file and quality seems good. What's the best compromise?

Last edited:
I want to change the Paddock TT Team in Moto3 to my own team (with own name, bike design, suit and improved competitiveness). Does anyone know which files I have to edit to change the name and competitiveness?

Is there a tutorial to teach how to change rider name?
Some teams are changing riders and it will be good to collaborate to modify them (well, at least modify names and pictures).

Is there a tutorial to teach how to change rider name?
Some teams are changing riders and it will be good to collaborate to modify them (well, at least modify names and pictures).
Oh hoho boy. I got this.

Extract the MENU.MIX from the game directory and find the files DB.ZTD and DB.TZI.
Open them with your hex editor and find some text like M.a.r.c. .M.a.r.q.u.e.z...M.a.r.q.u.e.z...M.a.q...^ but with Bautista's information, then replace the text by the driver you're modding. Do it on both of the files.
Teams should be there aswell with text like G.O.&.F.U.N

Don't forget:
M.a.r.c - First name
M.a.r.q.u.e.z - Surname (1)
M.a.r.q.u.e.z - Grid list name (2)
M.a.q - HUD name

Done! ;)

Problem I see for Johnny Hernandez which is a bike swap, I'm not sure how to get him to appear on the Spies Pramac instead of the PBM the smoothiest way.
Just gave the Mugshots a look and they're all here for grabs must be 256x164 in size and to be cut and shaded.
If anyone wants to work on them.

rider_6231m8sii.jpg

rider_6231_131rsgc.jpg

rider_7761efs4w.jpg

rider_7839y1s48.jpg

rider_843571szc.jpg

Last edited:
Problem I see for Johnny Hernandez which is a bike swap, I'm not sure how to get him to appear on the Spies Pramac instead of the PBM the smoothiest way.
Just gave the Mugshots a look and they're all here for grabs must be 256x164 in size and to be cut and shaded.
If anyone wants to work on them.
Thanks for reply. I tried and I had both good and bad results. I changed Abraham's name, nationality and stats successful, but as you pointed I had problems with Scassa's picture, since it has a white background and I'm not that skilled to remove white background without lose quality, so I temporary gave up until we will find a better picture or someone able to cut background correctly :)
However I had a problem, I wasn't able to modify name+surname lenght, so "Karel Abraham" became "Luca Scassa " (in hex with 00 00 after surname), is there a way to expand riders names? I.e. "Ben Spies" is shorter than "Yonny Hernandez" so it's impossible for me to replace him.

Thanks for reply. I tried and I had both good and bad results. I changed Abraham's name, nationality and stats successful, but as you pointed I had problems with Scassa's picture, since it has a white background and I'm not that skilled to remove white background without lose quality, so I temporary gave up until we will find a better picture or someone able to cut background correctly :)
However I had a problem, I wasn't able to modify name+surname lenght, so "Karel Abraham" became "Luca Scassa " (in hex with 00 00 after surname), is there a way to expand riders names? I.e. "Ben Spies" is shorter than "Yonny Hernandez" so it's impossible for me to replace him.
Yes, you can. It all has to do with changing the hex numbers whose are close the name. I'll be making a late-season mod sometime.

I have to try to improve the IA performance in the data.mix file in AI difficulty but when i want play a message apears it's write "the programme has to stop working" please help me

Please don't make new threads for modding questions, there's already a thread for that.
I don't know why that happened, maybe your hex editor is the problem? I can't mod the data or else the game crashes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back